Trump Declares 'I Can Ban All Reporters From WH' - Snowflake Heads Explode

Acosta cannot behave
He does not ask questions, he editorializes and then won’t shut up
Nor relinquish the mike. The one looking for a fight is utterly and clearly Acosta. For that he loses his privledges. It is not his “right” to conduct himself as he sees fit.

the-first-thing-any-would-be-dictator-doesis-discredit-the-press-14829288.png

What many people, including Trump, don’t realize is there is a large swath of conservative voters that voted for him because he was the nominee, and not because they adore his message (or antics for that matter). We need to see if the Dems come up with a viable canidate, but if they can it could open the door for a Republican challenger to Trump. Do you hear me Dems? If you can’t produce a canidate who can win, it will be 4 more years of enduring Trump. BTW- Hellary, Sanders, Warren and Biden are not viable candidates.
Each candidate will automatically get app. 45% of the electorate, due to the issue you raise in your first sentence. Independents are always the demographic that puts a candidate over the top.

trump lied about virtually everything when addressing blue collar workers/unions. He's lost unions. He's lost the majority of women. He's lost everyone who was promised 'much better health insurance at a fraction of the cost...it will be so easy'.

trump will get the Conservatives you reference. He won't get the Bernie supporters who voted for him, nor will he be lucky enough to have millenials/non whites simply sit the next election out. See the midterms if you don't believe me.

Biden would win in a landslide, but I'd suggest a younger candidate that leans away from party politics.

I have to love the vacuous title to this thread. The only snowflake whose head is exploding is Trump's. The light-weight, thin-skinned moron is obviously not up to the job.
Especially given that 'snowflakes' are white supremacists. trump is the only snowflake that's having a meltdown, and it's beautiful to watch.

I would also add these people are so short sighted they are either too blind or too dumb to see that Trump will gone, most likely, in two years. The next president may very well use Trump's precedent, if it upholds, to ban any reporters they do not like.

We already know the Trumpist does not like the free press. We know Trump hates the free press. They want a compliant press. November 8th was a resounding rejection of Trumpism and its warped view of the constitution and democratic institutions. Trump and Trumpers can't come to grips with the Country's rejection of their twisted ideology.

Yeah, let Trump be Trump and watch his poll numbers go lower and lower.
well he's following the precedent set by obama to attack the media.

if you're gonna try and sound like you're seeing the whole picture, you need to include little nuggets like that.
Obama had his issues with Fox, but he never threatened to pull its FCC license, never threatened to pull its reporters credentials, and damn sure never called them the enemy of the people. Your post was making a false equivalency.
and you're not being honest with what obama did cause you hate trump and all. first of all - you talked about setting a precedent. so EVEN IF trump is worse than obama, my main point is that obama set the precedent. now - many people who's job it is to be a journalist also agree obama was worse, so you can take it up with them if you like - i'm not gonna split farts with you on it.

Barack Obama’s press freedom legacy
“This is the most closed, control freak administration I’ve ever covered,” said Sanger in a 2013 CPJ report, “The Obama Administration and the Press.” The report’s author, former Washington Post Executive Editor Leonard Downie, Jr., declared, “The administration’s war on leaks and other efforts to control information are the most aggressive I’ve seen since the Nixon administration.” As journalists often note, the Obama administration has prosecuted more leakers under the 1917 Espionage Act than all former presidents combined.

Opinion | If Donald Trump Targets Journalists, Thank Obama
Under Mr. Obama, the Justice Department and the F.B.I. have spied on reporters by monitoring their phone records, labeled one journalist an unindicted co-conspirator in a criminal case for simply doing reporting and issued subpoenas to other reporters to try to force them to reveal their sources and testify in criminal cases.

President Obama’s War on Journalists
“The Obama administration’s unprecedented pursuit of criminal liability against security leakers threatens to rope in the Fourth Estate,” wrote Stanford’s Jennifer Granick and Morgan Weiland for Forbes. (Weiland used to work for the far-left Media Matters.) “The message? Don’t report national security stories or you will become a target.”

Obama's Escalating War on Freedom of the Press | HuffPost
That court decision came seven days after the Justice Department released its “News Media Policies” report announcing “significant revisions to the Department’s policies regarding investigations that involve members of the news media.” The report offered assurances that “members of the news media will not be subject to prosecution based solely on newsgathering activities.” (Hey thanks!) But the document quickly added that the government will take such action “as a last resort” when seeking information that is “essential to a successful investigation or prosecution.”

Translation: We won’t prosecute journalists for doing their jobs unless we really want to.

Trump's war on press no match for Obama's
And, in fairness to Trump, his administration has not escalated the conflict with the press to a new level. It has not yet come close to doing what President Obama's administration did in making the act of reporting itself criminal behavior in a case that started in 2009 under the Espionage Act of 1917.
----------
and i won't even get to what he did to sharyl attkisson and other journalists individually.

so - are you willing to be "honest" here and not a biased cheerleader screaming ORANGE MAN BAD - ORANGE MAN MAKES ME SAD and shit or is that your only real goal?
For sake of argument I will concede all you say is true. Does it make any difference how Obama treated the press? Each President will push the barrier further and further until the FIRST Amendment is a shell of what the framers intended. At some point, the people have to say enough is a enough.

Obama's policy towards the press was troubling. He never crossed the threshold of calling the press was the enemy which btw is a first for a President. Even Nixon never went that far.

Once a precedent is created it is hard to walk back. Bush started with signing statements to undercut passed legislation; Obama then expanded the use of EOs; Trump is now pushing EO's even further.

I will also add the first amendment is under stress. The press is under financial stress and the "dark press" as it should be called, is undermining our faith in news and truth. We do not need a president who is pouring gasoline on an inferno.
dude you just said trump was setting a bad precedence.

i show you obama started that shit n now it doesnt matter how the press was treated? you are going out of you way to attack trump n excuse obama. obama may never have called the media (other than fox) the enemy of the people per se, but he damn sure treated them as such.

look up what he did to sharyl attkisson then come back defending him.

I think you missed my point. I did not excuse Obama, but pointed out Trump brought attacks on the press to another level. If the next president starts arresting journalists, it is no excuse to say Trump treated he press badly. However to make sure we do not get to that point we need to tone down the rhetoric now.

What many people, including Trump, don’t realize is there is a large swath of conservative voters that voted for him because he was the nominee, and not because they adore his message (or antics for that matter). We need to see if the Dems come up with a viable canidate, but if they can it could open the door for a Republican challenger to Trump. Do you hear me Dems? If you can’t produce a canidate who can win, it will be 4 more years of enduring Trump. BTW- Hellary, Sanders, Warren and Biden are not viable candidates.
Each candidate will automatically get app. 45% of the electorate, due to the issue you raise in your first sentence. Independents are always the demographic that puts a candidate over the top.

trump lied about virtually everything when addressing blue collar workers/unions. He's lost unions. He's lost the majority of women. He's lost everyone who was promised 'much better health insurance at a fraction of the cost...it will be so easy'.

trump will get the Conservatives you reference. He won't get the Bernie supporters who voted for him, nor will he be lucky enough to have millenials/non whites simply sit the next election out. See the midterms if you don't believe me.

Biden would win in a landslide, but I'd suggest a younger candidate that leans away from party politics.

Bernie wouldn’t beat Trump. Too many people don’t want an admitted commie as president. As for the non-whites sitting out the next election based on the mid terms, well that is just silly conjecture. Midterms and Presidential elections are completely different animals. 50% more people vote in presidential years compared to midterms. Black voter turnout was down in 2016 for obvious reasons (no BO).

Maybe he can ban all reporters

But can a President decide who gets to report on him?

He can decide whose questions he will answer. No one has a constitutional right to hector the president. Trump has not even attempted to shut down anyone's right to report anything they like.

Bernie wouldn’t beat Trump. Too many people don’t want an admitted commie as president. As for the non-whites sitting out the next election based on the mid terms, well that is just silly conjecture. Midterms and Presidential elections are completely different animals. 50% more people vote in presidential years compared to midterms. Black voter turnout was down in 2016 for obvious reasons (no BO).
I didn't mention Bernie. You do realize that you just made my case? Record numbers of Millenials/Non Whites came out for the midterms in order to rebuke trump.
What do you believe that means if trump runs in 2020?

well he's following the precedent set by obama to attack the media.

if you're gonna try and sound like you're seeing the whole picture, you need to include little nuggets like that.
Obama had his issues with Fox, but he never threatened to pull its FCC license, never threatened to pull its reporters credentials, and damn sure never called them the enemy of the people. Your post was making a false equivalency.
and you're not being honest with what obama did cause you hate trump and all. first of all - you talked about setting a precedent. so EVEN IF trump is worse than obama, my main point is that obama set the precedent. now - many people who's job it is to be a journalist also agree obama was worse, so you can take it up with them if you like - i'm not gonna split farts with you on it.

“This is the most closed, control freak administration I’ve ever covered,” said Sanger in a 2013 CPJ report, “The Obama Administration and the Press.” The report’s author, former Washington Post Executive Editor Leonard Downie, Jr., declared, “The administration’s war on leaks and other efforts to control information are the most aggressive I’ve seen since the Nixon administration.” As journalists often note, the Obama administration has prosecuted more leakers under the 1917 Espionage Act than all former presidents combined.

Under Mr. Obama, the Justice Department and the F.B.I. have spied on reporters by monitoring their phone records, labeled one journalist an unindicted co-conspirator in a criminal case for simply doing reporting and issued subpoenas to other reporters to try to force them to reveal their sources and testify in criminal cases.

“The Obama administration’s unprecedented pursuit of criminal liability against security leakers threatens to rope in the Fourth Estate,” wrote Stanford’s Jennifer Granick and Morgan Weiland for Forbes. (Weiland used to work for the far-left Media Matters.) “The message? Don’t report national security stories or you will become a target.”

That court decision came seven days after the Justice Department released its “News Media Policies” report announcing “significant revisions to the Department’s policies regarding investigations that involve members of the news media.” The report offered assurances that “members of the news media will not be subject to prosecution based solely on newsgathering activities.” (Hey thanks!) But the document quickly added that the government will take such action “as a last resort” when seeking information that is “essential to a successful investigation or prosecution.”

Translation: We won’t prosecute journalists for doing their jobs unless we really want to.

And, in fairness to Trump, his administration has not escalated the conflict with the press to a new level. It has not yet come close to doing what President Obama's administration did in making the act of reporting itself criminal behavior in a case that started in 2009 under the Espionage Act of 1917.
----------
and i won't even get to what he did to sharyl attkisson and other journalists individually.

so - are you willing to be "honest" here and not a biased cheerleader screaming ORANGE MAN BAD - ORANGE MAN MAKES ME SAD and shit or is that your only real goal?
For sake of argument I will concede all you say is true. Does it make any difference how Obama treated the press? Each President will push the barrier further and further until the FIRST Amendment is a shell of what the framers intended. At some point, the people have to say enough is a enough.

Obama's policy towards the press was troubling. He never crossed the threshold of calling the press was the enemy which btw is a first for a President. Even Nixon never went that far.

Once a precedent is created it is hard to walk back. Bush started with signing statements to undercut passed legislation; Obama then expanded the use of EOs; Trump is now pushing EO's even further.

I will also add the first amendment is under stress. The press is under financial stress and the "dark press" as it should be called, is undermining our faith in news and truth. We do not need a president who is pouring gasoline on an inferno.
dude you just said trump was setting a bad precedence.

i show you obama started that shit n now it doesnt matter how the press was treated? you are going out of you way to attack trump n excuse obama. obama may never have called the media (other than fox) the enemy of the people per se, but he damn sure treated them as such.

look up what he did to sharyl attkisson then come back defending him.

I think you missed my point. I did not excuse Obama, but pointed out Trump brought attacks on the press to another level. If the next president starts arresting journalists, it is no excuse to say Trump treated he press badly. However to make sure we do not get to that point we need to tone down the rhetoric now.
and wouldnt that be the precedence obama set you are trying to pin on trump? yes we need to tone it down but we needed to when obama was spying on the press.

How come your source of info FOX stands with CNN ?
How does that matter?

When Barry and Hillary aided terrorists in Libya, it doesn't really matter who supported him when he did it. Who supported him does not make aiding and abetting terrorists right.

The media is expressing solidarity in supporting a rude, disrespectful prick who hijacked a Press Conference and was appropriately punished. Doesn't make what the rude prick did right.

They did not aid terrorists in Libya. What Obama did wrong was allowing the terrorists to take over after the terrorist Khaddaffi was killed. He should have helped the government in fighting off the terrorists by using bombers at least. Essentially he refused to listen to Colin Powell who said if you break it, you own it.

Acosta was doing his job. Trump was rude, disrespectful and obnoxious. What Trump deserved was a punch in the mouth.

More of that leftist civility :dig:

Sometimes that is the only thing a bully understands.
Acosta is the bully, dumbass.

Last edited:
A history less for the snowflake Trump supporters....

Back when we were Britain's 13 colonies -- there were great restrictions on the press -- the kind that would make you Trump lovers proud.

For example, if the press printed anything that the British rulers didn't approve of, that newspaper could be sued for libel and put out of business.

Then some radical revolutionary types decided to get all anti-colonial and declare independence...one of the first things they did was make sure the expression of information, ideas and opinions was practiced freely without interference, constraint or prosecution by the government. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that constitute the Bill of Rights, maybe you heard about it.
The Acosta dust up has nothing to do with freedom of the press, moron. You snowflakes flatter yourselves if you believe you are supporting the Constitution.

In response to CNN's ridiculous law suit suing the WH for the 'right' of reporters to be rude, hijack Press Conferences, and throw a tantrum if they do not get their way, President Trump responded by declaring....

"I can ban ALL reporters from the WH, not
just CNN's rude a**hole Acosta!"

The Liberal / snowflake response was as expected:
:blowup:

:lmao:

The funny fact is the President is right - he can 'ban' every reporter from the WH. Doing so does not violate their Constitutional right of a 'free press' / to report any news they want...God knows banning Acosta has not stopped CNN from continuing to report Fake News!

:p

'Banning' every reporter can be accomplished as easily and legally as simply declaring the President will no longer hold any Press Conferences until the media learns some respect, how to act and carry out their jobs professionally...

No Press Conference, no need for WH access....

The a Liberal Press has met its match in a President who won't take their fake news / shit laying down like every other Republican / Conservative President has. The corrupt press is being challenged, and they don't like it.

F* 'em! Bwuhahahahaha!

Trump seeks to land blow against media in court fight with CNN

"CNN argued in its lawsuit filed Tuesday that the White House infringed on Acosta's First Amendment rights by revoking his access in response to a dispute over a press conference last week."

No one is preventing CNN from reporting the news, as pointed out. CNN is pissed they don't get to run WH Press Conferences, that they can not impose their will on Trump and 'beat him into line', are not being allowed to call the President a 'racist' and 'white supremacist' during Press Conferences....

:p
“The only sure bulwark of continuing liberty is a government strong enough to protect the interests of the people, and a people strong enough and well enough informed to maintain its sovereign control over the government.”
― Franklin Delano Roosevelt

The Press are the representatives of the People, in this regard.

Our public sector is public, not private.
Now that is funny as hell.

The Press is a corporation that does what it does for profit and money. They have no motive to be representatives of the people, and if they did, they still would not be as they are NOT elected by the people.
Yea, you hate the first amendment, we get it
I actually love the FIrst Amendment and when I see government violating the First, I am one of the very first to stand up and condemn it

Perhaps you could actually respond to what I wrote regarding the laughable notion that the press are representatives of the people?

They are.....you know why?

Because when Nixon was running his criminal enterprise, it was the press that told you about it

When Vietnam was becoming nothing but a quagmire -- it was the press that told you about it

When people in the south were being beaten, butchered, and murdered, it was the press that told you about it

The press, journalists -- not TV pundits on FOX, MSNBC or CNN -- journalists

But if you want to be a good little cult follower, you rely on Trump to tell you all the information you need to know -- I will rely on "JOURNALISTS"
Acosta isn't a journalist. He's a pundit.

A history less for the snowflake Trump supporters....

Back when we were Britain's 13 colonies -- there were great restrictions on the press -- the kind that would make you Trump lovers proud.

For example, if the press printed anything that the British rulers didn't approve of, that newspaper could be sued for libel and put out of business.

Then some radical revolutionary types decided to get all anti-colonial and declare independence...one of the first things they did was make sure the expression of information, ideas and opinions was practiced freely without interference, constraint or prosecution by the government. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that constitute the Bill of Rights, maybe you heard about it.

There's no first amendment violation going on here. Neither Acosta nor CNN has been denied the right to publish anything they want.

----------

I fiberals couldn't deflect, what would they do? What the post you are trying to deflect from is doing, is simply pointing out the non-stop hypocrisy of liberals.

Says the guy who is trying to deflect from the fact that Trump openly picked a fight with a reporter solely to get him thrown out.

And he did it to deflect from his obstruction of justice in firing the AG. Stop pretending it’s anything else
so taking a question from acosta is openly picking a fight.

lord some people lie to themselves more than they ever will the rest of us.

Yes you do! Try watching the tape.

He called on Accosta and then cut him off before Accosta finished asking his question, and started insulting the reporter and the network he works for. If he had no intention of even allowing Accosta to ask a question, why call on him if not to attack him. This is Trump using his position to bully the reporter and CNN.

It was just another example of how unsuited Trump is for the job, and how dishonest Trump is in dealing with his "enemies". The doctored video was a particular low and slimey tactic, but this is a man who thinks that as long as he wins, nothing else matters. When you have to lie and cheat and use doctored video, you haven't won. You never win when you lie and distort and treat other people badly.

If Trump succeeds in banning CNN or their reporters, more and more voters will look at Trump and realize that he's a conman and a liar. One former Trump voter was asked when he changed his mind about Trump. He answered that it was when he went after Robert Mueller. Mueller is a decorated war hero, and a decent and honest man. That Trump would attack a fellow Republican, especially one as decent and respected as Mueller was his turning point. For others, it was when he separated families at the border.

The only reason that Trump enjoys an 80% approval among Republican voters, is that for millions of people, Trump has gone too far, and they're leaving the Republican party. Only his most loyal cultists are left in the party.

So celebrate. Yuck it up. Tell us what a great guy Trump is and how he's winning, because as the mid-terms clearly showed, the good people of America, the real people of America are as disgusted with this creep as the rest of the world. And you saw what the rest of the world thinks of him last week.

Mueller isn't known as decent and he is certainly not respected. He is mostly known for being the one who fucked up the anthrax investigation.

Forum List

Back