Trump denies Pelosi aircraft for foreign trip in response to call for State of the Union delay

In chess we call this moving the rook to the opponents second rank.

Trump denies Pelosi aircraft for foreign trip in response to call for State of the Union delay

President Trump on Thursday appeared to deny military aircraft to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for an upcoming foreign trip, in response to her call to delay the State of the Union address amid the government shutdown.

In a stinging and curt letter, Trump said her trip has been “postponed.”

He wrote: “Due to the Shutdown, I am sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt, and Afghanistan has been postponed. We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over. In light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate. I also feel that, during this period, it would be better if you were in Washington negotiating with me and joining the Strong Border Security movement to end the Shutdown. Obviously, if you would like to make your journey by flying commercial, that would certainly be your prerogative.”

I'm sure she cancelled it due to the shutdown if it was even scheduled. Trump lies.

Nice try however she had no such intention and her office has said they are not happy the trip has been cancelled. It seems you are the one lying.

Yep her and about 50 of her Entourage are going to miss out on those Mai tais and pina coladas at their favorite European stops.
Her and hubby are worth well over a hundred million.... She can pick up the bill this time .

Jo
Yea...because Afghanistan is SUCH a wonderful party spot huh?

There are many world-class tourist destinations in Afghanistan believe it or not.
This is nothing new she did this the last time she was speaker. She flew all over hell and creation making multiple stops along the way mixing business with pleasure.
Today she got slapped. To be fair she's not the only politician that squanders taxpayer money like that.

Jo

“I also feel that, during this period, it would be better if you were in Washington negotiating with me and joining the Strong Border Security movement to end the Shutdown. Obviously, if you would like to make your journey by flying commercial, that would certainly be your prerogative.”

Troll.jpg

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
:flameth::flameth::flameth:
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

President Trump on Thursday appeared to deny military aircraft to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for an upcoming foreign trip, in response to her call to delay the State of the Union address amid the government shutdown.

He wrote: “Due to the Shutdown, I am sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt, and Afghanistan has been postponed. We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over. In light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate. I also feel that, during this period, it would be better if you were in Washington negotiating with me and joining the Strong Border Security movement to end the Shutdown. Obviously, if you would like to make your journey by flying commercial, that would certainly be your prerogative.”
Obviously not written by Trump

For one thing, there are big words in it.

Jealousy will get you no where. He stepped on her like the bug she is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG! Trump is not going to fly her to Afghanistan? The horror!

~~~~~~
In Pelosi's case she can always use her broom...

Let her go...but don't give her a parachute.

It is well written

Obviously above Trumps intellectual paygrade

the delusional replies here supporting a Trump hissy fit are hilarious

I remember Newt shut down the government because Clinton didn't give him a good seat on a plane.

Nancy has the balls Trump (draft dodger scum) always lacked . She's tough. She's mart, and she has balls of steel

Trump trying to play tit for tat?

Ho hum

Fail

No lush, the term is win. You babies are all here crying so President Trump succeeded. Hey Nancy here's your answer. NOOOOOO! Piglosi best get ready for more beatings. The fool is now learning where the power really lies.

LINDSEY GRAHAM REBUKES DONALD TRUMP POSTPONING NANCY PELOSI’S TRIP TO VISIT TROOPS IN AFGHANISTAN
‘Inappropriate’: Lindsey Graham rebukes Donald Trump for postponing Pelosi’s trip to visit troops in Afghanistan

Libs try anything to stop the pain.

Guess we all know what this means for Democrats.

I guess that Pelosi will just have to miss the Afghanistan trip because of the shutdown. I can relate. I was all set to go camping this week at Glacier National Park, but I guess I will just have to schedule a Caribbean cruise instead....

It is well written

Obviously above Trumps intellectual paygrade

It's called a cabinet.

Jo

Look at these Republicans. Not a single one of them sees anything wrong with sending the US speaker of the house into a war zone on a commercial plane.

It’s just this intense desire to appear stupid to the entire world.

I don’t get it.

Well, I see he's upped the maturity level a notch.....:71:
Just like Obama closing the WW2 monument to vetrans? But let illegals use it for a rally. Is that the kind of maturity you're talking about?
Seen our national monuments lately? View attachment 240641 View attachment 240642

Same bullshit photos that already been passed around.

Wait till we see the parade of starving children that will be next. They may hesitate a little though for not being absolutely positive that they will not also be blamed for it.

Jo

Look at these Republicans. Not a single one of them sees anything wrong with sending the US speaker of the house into a war zone on a commercial plane.

I don’t get it.

Ms. Pelosi doesn't have to go into a war zone unless she wants to.

No one is forcing her to do squat.

I don’t get it.

The commercial traffic in and out of Afghanistan is rather heavy. In any case she's full of shit....this is just another taxpayer-paid excursion for her and an Entourage of 50 or 60 people. Trump is absolutely right at this time it's completely inappropriate.

Jo

Forum List

Back