Trump denounced Obama-era nukes treaty in Putin call — but had to ask what the treaty was

really need a link to this..
Try any news source, its all over the media today
I tried... Maybe I need some kind of alt-left code word in the search bar?
CONCERNS OVER PHONE CALLS

The phone call with Putin has added to concerns that Trump is not adequately prepared for discussions with foreign leaders.

Typically, before a telephone call with a foreign leader, a president receives a written in-depth briefing paper drafted by National Security Council staff after consultations with the relevant agencies, including the State Department, Pentagon and intelligence agencies, two former senior officials said.

Just before the call, the president also usually receives an oral “pre-briefing” from his national security adviser and top subject-matter aide, they said.

Trump did not receive a briefing from Russia experts with the NSC and intelligence agencies before the Putin call, two of the sources said. Reuters was unable to determine if Trump received a briefing from his national security adviser Michael Flynn.
Goddamn dude. Would it not be easier to just fucking link it?

copy the thread title .. open google .. paste thread title in query topic ... stand back and get out of the way of your stupidity before it tramples you to death.

glad I could help.

In his first call as president with Russian leader Vladimir Putin, Donald Trump denounced a treaty that caps U.S. and Russian deployment of nuclear warheads as a bad deal for the United States, according to two U.S. officials and one former U.S. official with knowledge of the call.

When Putin raised the possibility of extending the 2010 treaty, known as New START, Trump paused to ask his aides in an aside what the treaty was, these sources said.

Trump then told Putin the treaty was one of several bad deals negotiated by the Obama administration, saying that New START favored Russia. Trump also talked about his own popularity, the sources said.

SO TRUMP DENOUNCES AN OBAMA TREATY WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT IT WAS
This is our President?
Because our so-called president can't read. I wonder if he's the first illiterate *president we've ever had......

It was a bad deal for the US. Why do you assume a president knows everything? Since you are all knowing on this topic, please explain the benefits and pitfalls brummelbutt.

I wish we could just get rid of nukes all together. There isn't a need in that bullshit.

"This treaty is actually about nuclear armament, not about disarmament," says Russian military analyst Pavel Felgenhauer. The Moscow-based defense columnist for Novaya Gazeta, an opposition newspaper, says under the terms of New START, Russia has actually been able to increase both its number of deployed nuclear warheads and the means to deliver them.

"This treaty provides for some control, and some inspections to understand what's happening, but it is really not about disarmament," says Felgenhauer. "That should be well understood."

New START Nuke Deal With Russia May Be Aging — But It's Not Over

Allow Russia to catch up, awesome treaty there Obama.

It was a bad deal for the US. Why do you assume a president knows everything? Since you are all knowing on this topic, please explain the benefits and pitfalls brummelbutt.

When Putin raised the possibility of extending the 2010 treaty, known as New START, Trump paused to ask his aides in an aside what the treaty was, these sources said.

its the POTUS responsibility to know what he's talking about ... especially with NUKES and Russia !

fuck Trump.

its the POTUS responsibility to know what he's talking about ... especially with NUKES and Russia !

fuck Trump.

You may want to reconsider, as it allows the Russians to have MORE nukes. Or not.

I personally don't expect the president to know everything. HOWEVER, I DO expect the president to be able to admit that they don't know everything and get briefs from the people whose job it is to know about that particular part of the world.

Why would I assume that a president that claims a deal is bad for United States knows details of said deal?

You are right, in case of Trump it would be silly to make such a presumption. Trump has feelings - no one can make deals like him. Deal was not by him, therefore it was bad deal, no details required :rolleyes:

I personally don't expect the president to know everything. HOWEVER, I DO expect the president to be able to admit that they don't know everything and get briefs from the people whose job it is to know about that particular part of the world.

Reasonable.

Why would I assume that a president that claims a deal is bad for United States knows details of said deal?

You are right, in case of Trump it would be silly to make such a presumption. Trump has feelings - no one can make deals like him. Deal was not by him, therefore it was bad deal, no details required :rolleyes:

Educate yourself, I gave a treaty reference for you to read. You, like you expect the president to do.

"Trump denounced Obama-era nukes treaty in Putin call — but had to ask what the treaty was"

I'm not surprised Trump had to ask 'what Treaty are we talking about', as Obama was by-passing the Constitution/Congress so often making 'deals' with countries / people all over the world:

By-Passed Congress to make the Iran Deal
By-Passed Congress to give $1 Billion to the UN under false pretenses
By-Passed Congress to run weapons to Al Qaeida and ISIS
Tried to By-Pass Congress to give Hamas/ISIS a last parting monetary gift ($221 Million)
etc....

It's no wonder why people can't keep track of it all.

fuck Trump.

You may want to reconsider, as it allows the Russians to have MORE nukes. Or not.

From the Reuters article posted by TN Harley.............

In the phone call, the Russian leader raised the possibility of reviving talks on a range of disputes and suggested extending New START, the sources said.

New START can be extended for another five years, beyond 2021, by mutual agreement. Unless they agree to do that or negotiate new cuts, the world's two biggest nuclear powers would be freed from the treaty's limits, potentially setting the stage for a new arms race.

Exclusive: In call with Putin, Trump denounced Obama-era nuclear arms treaty - sources

Yesterday I couldn't spell 'President',

now I are one!!!

He wrote great books...I don't understand.

images

From the Reuters article posted by TN Harley.............

In the phone call, the Russian leader raised the possibility of reviving talks on a range of disputes and suggested extending New START, the sources said.

New START can be extended for another five years, beyond 2021, by mutual agreement. Unless they agree to do that or negotiate new cuts, the world's two biggest nuclear powers would be freed from the treaty's limits, potentially setting the stage for a new arms race.

Exclusive: In call with Putin, Trump denounced Obama-era nuclear arms treaty - sources

The New START treaty already allowed for Russia to catch up on nukes. It is not a limiting or reduction treaty at all. Read about it.

Forum List

Back