Trump: "DeSanctimonious"

Women love DeSantis because when the whole world went insane over Covid--remember that?--he kept schools open, work places and churches open. I follow a lot of "open schools" moms on Twitter. Former Dems who almost to a woman profess they would "walk over hot coals" to vote for DeSantis for president.

The Democrats messed with people's kids. Bad. Big time. People don't forget that.
Yea, I know that. But is that it?

He’s a Republican and he didn’t buy into vaccines and masks. Isn’t that pretty standard for a Republican?

Yea, I know that. But is that it?

He’s a Republican and he didn’t buy into vaccines and masks. Isn’t that pretty standard for a Republican?

Sadly, no. In fact most Republican gov buckled hard under the pressure.

In some ways I think Covid was an intellectual and/or moral test. Did you REALLY think cotton fabric sewn from Aunt Janet's extra curtain material was going to protect you from a respiratory virus?

You passed with a D.

Did you believe it so much you put a stupid filter on your profile? "Stay home, stay safe" or "My mask protects you..."

You failed with an F.

Sadly, no. In fact most Republican gov buckled hard under the pressure.

In some ways I think Covid was an intellectual and/or moral test. Did you REALLY think cotton fabric sewn from Aunt Janet's extra curtain material was going to protect you from a respiratory virus?

You passed with a D.

Did you believe it so much you put a stupid filter on your profile? "Stay home, stay safe" or "My mask protects you..."

You failed with an F.
Weird. He’s basically Rick Perry or Jeb Bush if you include an anti-vaccine stance.

I mean I’ll take it. DeSantis is far more sensible than the clown show we had with Trump and that would be a big improvement for Republicans as far as I’m concerned. Make America Normal Again.

Weird. He’s basically Rick Perry or Jeb Bush if you include an anti-vaccine stance.

I mean I’ll take it. DeSantis is far more sensible than the clown show we had with Trump and that would be a big improvement for Republicans as far as I’m concerned. Make America Normal Again.

Here's his platform. Find Perry or Bush in there. He supports restoration/conservation of the Everglades, but I don't think that makes him a RINO. Otherwise, I don't see it. He gave huge tax breaks.

I hope DeSantis takes the high road through all of this...I think he will.
Not possible from an arsehole who trolls/entraps his own constituents, let alone asylum seekers in another state with whom he has nothing to do.

The low road would be aspirational for DeSantis.

Here's his platform. Find Perry or Bush in there. He supports restoration/conservation of the Everglades, but I don't think that makes him a RINO. Otherwise, I don't see it. He gave huge tax breaks.

Restoring the Everglades? What the hell does that have to do with anything? It’s not like the country is divided on what to do with the Everglades.

Oh I get it though. He has a very conservative agenda. Pro-life, tax breaks, 2nd Amendment, doesn’t like Trump, etc. Sounds like just about every other cookie cutter Republican RINO.

Fine with me. I’m happy to see you guys are going for a more sensible Republican.

Restoring the Everglades? What the hell does that have to do with anything? It’s not like the country is divided on what to do with the Everglades.

Oh I get it though. He has a very conservative agenda. Pro-life, tax breaks, 2nd Amendment, doesn’t like Trump, etc. Sounds like just about every other cookie cutter Republican RINO to me.

Fine with me.

So every Republican who is NOT Trump is a RINO to you.

Shallow, but okay.

Shallow, but okay.
No.

Every Republican who doesn’t kiss Trump’s ass is a RINO according to YOU guys.

Liz Cheney, Mitt Romney, Adam Kinzinger, John McCain, Jeb Bush, Paul Ryan, Chris Christie, Mike Pence, etc.

DeSantis seems to be the only one who fits that mold yet hasn’t received the RINO label yet. Maybe it’s just a matter of time? Hence why I find it weird that Trump supporters like him.

Weird but definitely an improvement. I’ll take it.

Last edited:
Yeah that ad is over the top. But many conservative commenters on Twitter (not RINOs) think this was in bad form and bad timing on Trump's part. Fact is, if he's going to win, he has to KEEP white suburban moms. This kind of petty name calling won't do it. He seems incapable of listening to advisors on this....
Actually I find it all quite amusing. Frankly EITHER would win in 2024 so it's just a matter of agreeing with each of their policies...and frankly there is no difference as far as I can tell. Good show to both; I'm all for baptisms by fire. DeSantis has to EARN his place like Trump did; let the fight begin!!! .....on Wednesday.

GREAT fighters spar harder than any actual fight!!!

I can't wait!!!

Greg

Shallow, but okay.
It's all about Policies, Sue, and at this point I like DeSantis' policies as much as I like Trump's!! Trump has the scars; DeSantis has to earn his place by getting his. DeSantis is still young; Trump and DeSantis on the same ticket??? Priceless. What a machine!!!!

:WooHooSmileyWave-vi::WooHooSmileyWave-vi::WooHooSmileyWave-vi:

Greg

No.

Liz Cheney, Mitt Romney, Adam Kinzinger, John McCain, Jeb Bush, Paul Ryan, Chris Christie, Mike Pence, etc.

DeSantis seems to be the only one who fits that mold yet hasn’t received the RINO label yet. Maybe it’s just a matter of time? Hence why I find it weird that Trump supporters like him.

I liked Jeb, Chris Christie and Mike Pence. SOLID but not the ABILITY of Trump to ignore distractions and get it done. Ryan and McCain were frankly weak as piss!!! Ryan did NOT deliver on the wall, McCain back-stabbed like a petulant asshole and some others are just spineless. Pence had a fail at the end imo but other than that he was magnificent muchly. One cannot get perfection all the time, and Trump was a little too trusting in the first few months. NOT ANY MORE!!! Elon just sacked HALF the Twitter workforce (misnomer); the same needs to happen with DemoKKKrat plants in the DoJ and FBI and anywhere else they lurk!!!.

Pubbies will control the purse strings; they need to use them!!!!

Greg

Greg

Yes it is. Look at the tens of thousands of supporters showing up at his rallies. The people know the election was stolen and he deserves a third term to right the ship.

Trump did not right the ship.

He failed.

He was supposed to drain the swamp, he failed. Not only did he fail, the swamp sent him packing.

Not only did he fail, he made the swamp WORSE, by appointing the lines of Wray and Bill Barr.

No.

DeSantis is MUCH better than that tribe, except maybe Pence. Excellent is ALWAYS better than just Good. But better than Trump? Let's see how he can knuckle up first. So far he's been sensational but that's only at a State level.

Greg

He failed.

He was supposed to drain the swamp, he failed. Not only did he fail, the swamp sent him packing.

Not only did he fail, he made the swamp WORSE, by appointing the lines of Wray and Bill Barr.
Wray is not a success story imo, but Barr was fine up until Trump needed a bare knuckle fighter; the bookish Barr was NOT what was needed in the end. It was Barr who should have got rid of Wray imo.

The only way out for Wray is to arrest Garland. THAT would be good!!!

Greg

Yeah, no good, and just before the Midterms. It's obvious Trump is threatened by DeSantis and he SHOULD be. At this point I think Trump would probably lose at least Florida to DeSantis in a primary.

I hope DeSantis takes the high road through all of this...I think he will. He just might win.

DeSantis will get the nomination, the republican party leaders are no fools, if trump was nominated he couldn't possibly win. his base is gone.

He failed.

Rubbish. Trump was backstabbed by damn near everyone. He was an outsider. He was an existential threat. It's amazing what all he accomplished policy wise. DeSantis is a Deep State mole hidden in plain sight pretending he's a conservative. He's actually a Bush and Paul Ryan toadie.

DeSantis will get the nomination, the republican party leaders are no fools, if trump was nominated he couldn't possibly win. his base is gone.
How can you say his base is gone when tens of thousands are showing up at his rallies and he is kicking DeSantis' ass in the polls big time.

DeSantis probably won't run. He's hinted at that fact at least once now. I'm fine with that because we need him here in Florida. As far as President Trump, I didn't like the way he treated Ted Cruz back in 2016 either but both Cruz and I know that it's nothing personal, it's politics. Ron DeSantis is a smart guy, I'm sure it's nothing to him either.

Forum List

Back