TRump desegregated Palm Beach, that is why racist democrats hate him

Palm Beach had only agreed to Trump’s plan after placing “restrictions on the club, such as allowing no more than 500 members, to allay residents’ fears about traffic congestion and noise,” the Wall Street Journal’s Jacqueline Bueno reported in 1997.

The culture clash began to approach a climax last fall, when Mr. Trump’s lawyer sent members of the town council a copy of the film “Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner,” a film that deals with upper-class racism. Mr. Trump then approached the town council about lifting the restrictions that had been placed on the club. He also asked some council members not to vote on the request because their membership in other clubs created a conflict of interest.

Last December, after the council refused to lift the restrictions, Mr. Trump filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Palm Beach, alleging that the town was discriminating against Mar-a-Lago, in part because it is open to Jews and African-Americans. The suit seeks $100 million in damages.

Palm Beach and the competing clubs vehemently denied the charges of racism and anti-Semitism, and though Trump eventually retracted the claim — instead alleging “only that the town council has treated Mar-a-Lago unfairly, compared with other clubs in town” — the Anti-Defamation League praised his actions for “elevating the issue of discriminatory policies at social clubs.

Read more: Remember When Trump Got Palm Beach’s Country Clubs To Desegregate? Neither Does The Media

Last edited:
Yep....Trump forced Palm Beach to end racial and religious segregation.....one of the reasons why racist democrats hate him....

Remember When Trump Got Palm Beach’s Country Clubs To Desegregate? Neither Does The Media

:lol:

No, he didn't "get Palm Beach's clubs to desegregate". He bought a private estate and made it a club.
That's singular -- a club. As in "one".
Snopes

You'll also notice that when your own article mentions restrictions the city put on Rump's club (which is true) ------- none of them made reference to race or religion.

Your own link.

You'll further also notice that your own link also recounts how Rump retracted his charge that he was being discriminated against because of his non-discrimination.

Again -- your own link.

Palm beach golfing had been "segregated" in such private estates -- between Jews and Gentiles --- for decades.

>> Every now and then I get to catch up on the news from Palm Beach, and I find out that, for some things, “plus de change, plus la meme chose” (more change, more of the same thing.) One of those concerns Palm Beach’s private clubs. The fact that they’re exclusive isn’t surprising; that’s the nature of the place. And, since we are on U.S. soil, the freedom of association (under attack by our courts, but still there) make it possible for private clubs to admit whom they want and to exclude whom they don’t. But there’s one rather insidious practice that hasn’t changed even with all of the other social changes we have experienced here in the U.S., one that has survived the coming and going of many of us.

Anyone who lived on the north end of the island had to pass the Palm Beach Country Club, with its well manicured course and pristine clubhouse, to go anywhere. As we passed this place time and time again, I (a kid of nine or ten) wondered, “Why do we pass this place up to go to another club?” I grew up in a family where it wasn’t wise to ask too many questions, but eventually I was told that it was the “Jewish Country Club,” and since we were Gentiles, we belonged elsewhere. (That “elsewhere” was the Breakers.)

This segregation was strictly enforced. There were “Jewish clubs,” there were “Gentile clubs,” and n’er the twain met. This enforcement could be brutal. In the early 1960’s a member of another of Palm Beach’s exclusive clubs (the Everglades Club) made the mistake of bringing her Jewish friend for lunch. She was asked to resign her membership. << -- Join the Club --- Maybe Not
You'll notice the author epilogues at the end of this piece --- written in 2005, twenty years after Rump's golfing escapades --- thusly:

>> But even today the clubs of Palm Beach–and many elsewhere in South Florida and beyond–are still divided between Jew and Gentile. Some clubs in other places have opened up on this matter. But dear old Palm Beach is “sticking with tradition” on this one.<<​

So no, the premise of this thread is bullshit. Or more directly we should say no, the media/history doesn't "remember" when that happened because ---- it didn't.

Last edited:
Yep....Trump forced Palm Beach to end racial and religious segregation.....one of the reasons why racist democrats hate him....

Remember When Trump Got Palm Beach’s Country Clubs To Desegregate? Neither Does The Media

No, he didn't "get Palm Beach's clubs to desegregate". He bought a private estate and made it a club.
Snopes

You'll also notice that when your own article mentions restrictions the city put on Rump's club (which is true) ------- none of them made reference to race or religion.

Your own link.

You'll further also notice that your own link also recounts how Rump retracted his charge that he was being discriminated against because of his non-discrimination.

Again -- your own link.

Palm beach golfing had been "segregated" in such private estates -- between Jews and Gentiles --- for decades.

>> Every now and then I get to catch up on the news from Palm Beach, and I find out that, for some things, “plus de change, plus la meme chose” (more change, more of the same thing.) One of those concerns Palm Beach’s private clubs. The fact that they’re exclusive isn’t surprising; that’s the nature of the place. And, since we are on U.S. soil, the freedom of association (under attack by our courts, but still there) make it possible for private clubs to admit whom they want and to exclude whom they don’t. But there’s one rather insidious practice that hasn’t changed even with all of the other social changes we have experienced here in the U.S., one that has survived the coming and going of many of us.

Anyone who lived on the north end of the island had to pass the Palm Beach Country Club, with its well manicured course and pristine clubhouse, to go anywhere. As we passed this place time and time again, I (a kid of nine or ten) wondered, “Why do we pass this place up to go to another club?” I grew up in a family where it wasn’t wise to ask too many questions, but eventually I was told that it was the “Jewish Country Club,” and since we were Gentiles, we belonged elsewhere. (That “elsewhere” was the Breakers.)

This segregation was strictly enforced. There were “Jewish clubs,” there were “Gentile clubs,” and n’er the twain met. This enforcement could be brutal. In the early 1960’s a member of another of Palm Beach’s exclusive clubs (the Everglades Club) made the mistake of bringing her Jewish friend for lunch. She was asked to resign her membership. << -- Join the Club --- Maybe Not
You'll notice the author epilogues at the end of this piece --- written in 2005, twenty years after Rump's golfing escapades --- thusly:

>> But even today the clubs of Palm Beach–and many elsewhere in South Florida and beyond–are still divided between Jew and Gentile. Some clubs in other places have opened up on this matter. But dear old Palm Beach is “sticking with tradition” on this one.<<​

So no, the premise of this thread is bullshit. Or more directly we should say no, the media/history doesn't "remember" when that happened because ---- it didn't.

Oh and this is the same Palm Beach where Rump, exercising a vendetta against the town for daring to impose restrictions on his massive EGO, sued the city because his estate :gay: is in a flight path, literally whining in a legal complaint that the city was, and I'm not even making this up, "attacking Mar-a-Lago from the air". :lmao:

Such is the petulance of Cheeto-face's arrested-at-age-eleven emotional maturity.

Fun fact: "Mar-a-Lago" is Spanish for "grow a pair, ya fucking Orange freak".

Snopes

Your own link.

Again -- your own link.

Your point?
Palm Beach was once known as a lily white country club enclave for liberal thinking wealthy old money Caucasians. The kind of people who's liberalism extends only to the times when they are in the public eye. Behind the scenes, they segregate themselves away from the very people they claim to embrace.
They are sure to let everyone know they donate to left wing political causes and candidates. They are the classic "do as I say, not as I do' libs.

Your point?

--- Which one?

The overall conclusion point I leave for the end so even slow readers can find it. In this case it reads,

"So no, the premise of this thread is bullshit. Or more directly we should say no, the media/history doesn't "remember" when that happened because ---- it didn't."​

You might notice the preface "so no". Means "thus, in light of all that went before..... "

Palm Beach was once known as a lily white country club enclave for liberal thinking wealthy old money Caucasians. The kind of people who's liberalism extends only to the times when they are in the public eye. Behind the scenes, they segregate themselves away from the very people they claim to embrace.
They are sure to let everyone know they donate to left wing political causes and candidates. They are the classic "do as I say, not as I do' libs.

Completely irrelevant.

Snopes

Your own link.

Again -- your own link.

And yet......those other clubs were segregated and didn't let Jews in....and Trumps did....asswipe.....the lie that Trump is a racist is from asswipes like you, who are trying to drag the walking corpse called hilary across the finish line.....

Trump insisted on including Jews and blacks at Palm Beach golf ...
netrightdaily.com/.../trump-insisted-on-including-jews-and-blacks-at-palm-beach-golf-c...
Mar 3, 2016 - By Robert Romano When Donald opened his club in Palm Beach called ... When it came to segregation in the South at private, all-white country clubs, it might ... That might have been theend of the story right there, but Trump ...
Trump Opens the Club to Blacks and Jews? Not Quite | Positive Infinity
https://www.vulcanhammer.org/.../trump-open-the-club-to-blacks-and-jews-not-quite/
Jul 30, 2015 - Palm Beach's club system has been rigidly segregated between ... The Never-EndingInterest in Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago Club25 July ...
Trump's Palm Beach Club Roils the Old Social Order - WSJ
www.wsj.com/articles/SB862335923489989500
The Wall Street Journal
I n posh Palm Beach, Donald Trump's freewheeling Mar-a-Lago Club is a saving grace, affronting ... If they were high-end, they'd be at one of the other clubs.
Donald Trump Fought to Include Jews and Blacks at Palm Beach Golf ...
www.impulsetoday.com/donald-trump-fought-to-include-jews-and-blacks-at-palm-be...
Mar 17, 2016 - “When Donald opened his club in Palm Beach called Mar-a-Lago, he insisted on accepting Jews ... Segregation at all-white private country clubs in the South had been common and many ... The story didn't end there though.
Remembering When Trump Forced Palm Beach to Accept Blacks and ...
dailyheadlines.net/.../remembering-when-trump-forced-palm-beach-to-accept-blacks-...
Jul 4, 2016 - Of all the silly attacks on Donald trump is the accusations that he is a ... Palm Beachfought against allowing Trump to open his golf club that ...
What does Palm Beach really think of Donald Trump? He's 'vulgar,' but ...
www.latimes.com/.../la-na-trump-palm-beach-20160311-story.htm...
Los Angeles Times
Mar 11, 2016 - Yet it is here where Donald Trump has chosen to define his brand of wealth ... The Mar-a-Lago Club, Donald Trump's resort in Palm Beach, Fla.
When Trump Fought the Racists | The American Spectator
spectator.org/64643_when-trump-fought-racists/
The American Spectator
Nov 13, 2015 - How Trump Fought Antisemitism and Racism in Palm Beach Two Decades Ago ... calls from Jewish residents telling of how Palm Beach clubs are changing. ... segregation, lynching and, as noted by historians, used the Ku Klux Klan as .... crossed the Clintons in the past usually endup committing suicide, ...
Donald Trump declares himself a champion of equality because he ...
theweek.com/.../donald-trump-declares-himself-champion-equality-because...
The Week
Mar 1, 2016 - "There's nobody that's done so much for equality as I have," Trump said, before bringing up his club. "You take a look at Palm Beach, Florida.
Donald Trump's $100K Mar-A-Lago Memberships Open To Everyone ...
wonkette.com/.../donald-trumps-100k-mar-a-lago-memberships-open-to-ev...
Wonkette
Mar 1, 2016 - Let's take a look at Trump's “open to everybody” club in Palm Beach, why don't we? The ultra .... Aw, it's the end of Auntie Mame all over again.

And yet......those other clubs were segregated and didn't let Jews in....

Again, learn to read. In "private club", the key word is "private".

And some didn't let Jews in, and others didn't let Gentiles in. As I already spelled out. No doubt one started it and the other reacted. Who cares. That's private clubs and Rump's opening a pubic one has nothing to do with them, NOR was the city putting any such restrictions on it, as I also spelled out, ergo your premise is bullshit. As I said.

asswipe.....

Good hygiene is important. Stay with that.

the lie that Trump is a racist is from asswipes like you

Link?

Didn't think so.

That's exactly why there's pushback against Trump, it's his pioneering work to eradicate racism in america. We're equally sure that's why you're drawn to him.
So you and the retarded left don't want to eradicate racism in America? Thanks for clarifying that you are a racist. Retard.

That's exactly why there's pushback against Trump, it's his pioneering work to eradicate racism in america. We're equally sure that's why you're drawn to him.
So you and the retarded left don't want to eradicate racism in America? Thanks for clarifying that you are a racist. Retard.

Democrats are the racists in this country....everything to them is race....they are obsessed with it...

Sarcasm just sails right over your head, does it?

Democrats are the racists in this country....everything to them is race....they are obsessed with it...

Who started this thread again?

Sarcasm just sails right over your head, does it?

Along with many, many other things.

The Democrats have specialized in racial baiting and bigotry since they defended slavery in the early 1800s then established the KKK and Jim Crow later

Donald Trump- sued by the Justice Department for refusing to rent to blacks and Puerto Ricans.

Donald Trump’s racial discrimination problem

In 1975, Trump ultimately came to a far-reaching agreement with the DOJ in which he and the company did not admit guilt but agreed not to discriminate and to take steps to open its housing stock to more nonwhites. The company agreed to submit a weekly list of vacancies to the Urban League, which would produce qualified applicants for a portion of all vacancies.

But it didn’t end there. In 1978, the government filed a motion for supplemental relief, charging that the Trump company had not complied with the 1975 agreement. The government alleged that the Trump company “discriminated against blacks in the terms and conditions of rental, made statements indicating discrimination based on race and told blacks that apartments were not available for inspection and rental when, in fact, they are,” the Times reported. Trump again denied the charges.

Forum List

Back