Trump did not "avoid" taxes - he followed the law and took a loss

LaDexter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2016
The spin on this is just breathtaking.

If you lose money.... drumroll.... you do not owe taxes... instead you get a WRITE-OFF on future earnings...

Perfectly legal and in no need of "fixing."

If you lose money.... drumroll.... you do not owe taxes... instead you get a WRITE-OFF on future earnings...

Yep- Trump managed to lose almost almost 1,000,000,000 dollars.

Did he take write offs on future earnings?

We don't know- because Trump doesn't want Americans to see his tax returns.

We know how much Clinton paid, and how much she deducted because her taxes are transparent.

Tricky Trump doesn't want us to see his tax returns- Tricky Trump less Transparent than Tricky Dick.

Trump wants us to buy a pig in the poke.

You have to be a certifiable MORON not to know. He has a TAX LOSS CARRY FORWARD which allows him to not pay taxes until the loss is gone ---- DUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hillary's wealth is all about SELLING OUT policy and taxpayer money for kick backs. Hillary never created one job, never added anything positive in her life. Her business career was 100% fraud - Whitewater, Castle Grande, and Madison S&L....

You have to be a certifiably MORON not to know. He has a TAX LOSS CARRY FORWARD which allows him to not pay taxes until the loss is gone ---- DUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Did he take write offs on future earnings? Have you seen his tax returns?

You have to be a certifiable Trumpster to assume you know what Trump did with his taxes- certainly he doesn't want you to know.

You do not understand basic finance, economics, or taxes.

You are just a typical Hillary shill wedded to his government check.

You have to be a certifiable MORON not to know. He has a TAX LOSS CARRY FORWARD which allows him to not pay taxes until the loss is gone ---- DUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hillary's wealth is all about SELLING OUT policy and taxpayer money for kick backs. Hillary never created one job, never added anything positive in her life. Her business career was 100% fraud - Whitewater, Castle Grande, and Madison S&L....

Trump lost of 1 Billion a year is why he is a "loser".

In real estate, you take gains and losses, mainly gains in up markets, losses in down markets.

In the end, your net worth is how you did. Trump didn't get every investment right, but he got a majority, and did darn well.

Hillary, on the other hand, has no merit in life at all...

You do not understand basic finance, economics, or taxes.

You are just a typical Hillary shill wedded to his government check.

You don't even know how to hit a reply button.

Donald Trump lost $1,000,000,000. Doesn't need much economics to understand that.

And he doesn't want Americans to see his tax returns.

How much more has he declared as losses?

Tricky Trump doesn't want us to know.

In real estate, you take gains and losses, mainly gains in up markets, losses in down markets.

In the end, your net worth is how you did. Trump didn't get every investment right, but he got a majority, and did darn well.

Since we haven't seen his tax returns- you are basing that on Donald Trump's 'word'.

Donald Trump inherited a fortune and still has a fortune- quite the accomplishment.

Hillary, on the other hand, has no merit in life at all...

In 95 the market was booming.

Donald Trump lost $1,000,000,000. Doesn't need much economics to understand that.

I know big numbers are hard to comprehend when all your monthly government check reads is $5k, but taking a billion dollar loss isn't that big of a deal when you are dealing with about 20 billion in total property values minus 15 billion in debt.

Actually, he did avoid paying taxes. Which, is perfectly LEGAL. It's tax evasion, that is illegal.

Since we haven't seen his tax returns- you are basing that on Donald Trump's 'word'.

Donald Trump inherited a fortune and still has a fortune- quite the accomplishment.

He might be broke for all we know.

We know how much Clinton paid, and how much she deducted because her taxes are transparent.

Tricky Trump doesn't want us to see his tax returns- Tricky Trump less Transparent than Tricky Dick.

who cares? I know I don't. His fking world is sooooo much different than mine with his businesses and shit, no would know how to read them. why so many audits if it was so simple?

who cares? I know I don't. His fking world is sooooo much different than mine with his businesses and shit, no would know how to read them. why so many audits if it was so simple?

Clearly you don't care.

Millions of Americans do.

Why is Donald Trump the only Presidential candidate in decades to be afraid to show voters his taxes?

Even Tricky Dick showed Americans his tax returns.

Trump wants us to buy a pig in the poke.[

I know big numbers are hard to comprehend when all your monthly government check reads is $5k, but taking a billion dollar loss isn't that big of a deal when you are dealing with about 20 billion in total property values minus 15 billion in debt.

Well i am impressed that you think a billion dollars is no big deal.

But to a middle class, wage earning American like myself- $1,000,000,000 is a big deal.

Trump managed to have business losses of 1 billion dollars.

Not a huge surprise- look at all the business's he drove into the ground.

Who knows what else he is hiding from voters in his tax returns?

Hillary used the same tax laws to lower her tax bill that Trump used. The rest of her friends just cheated:

johnkerry-550x412.jpg

Suddenly, paying taxes is a big thing for Democrats. Well, now that Donald Trump’s 1995 tax return has been revealed by the New York Times, anyway.

Presidential nominee Hillary Clinton blasted the Republican on social media, saying, “Donald Trump might have gone decades without paying taxes—but he’s not afraid of telling other people to pay theirs.”

It’s important, however, to remember that the Democrat Party and Hillary supporters weren’t always the noble taxpayers they’re now claiming to be.

Here’s a list of top Democrats who have avoided paying taxes …

Tim Geithner

Geithner is infamous for his support and handling of the 2008 Wall Street bailouts and for supporting massive tax increases as the Bush Tax Cuts expired.

Geithner failed to pay more than $34,000 in federal taxes.

Charlie Rangel

In the spring of this campaign season, Clinton met in Harlem with Rangel (D-NY) whom she referred to as “my long-time friend, the person I give credit to for starting me on this journey.”

Rangel earned $75,000 in income from a three-bedroom villa that he owned, but he didn’t report any rental income to the IRS, and paid $0 in tax by doing so. At the time Rangel was cheating on his taxes, he also chaired the House Ways and Means Committee – the congressional body that writes the nation’s tax code.

Rangel was censured by his peers, the harshest form of punishment short of expulsion from Congress.

Claire McCaskell

Although not the closest of friends, McCaskill (D-MO) did support Hillary by endorsing her 2016 campaign three years early.

In 2011, McCaskell was forced to sell her private plane and pay back $287,273 for four years of back taxes.

Tom Daschle

Daschle, the former senator from South Dakota, endorsed Hillary Clinton for president, saying she “has dedicated her life to fighting for the right of every American family to find opportunity, success and security.”

He apparently has a different vision on how to create a path to opportunity and success – not paying taxes.

Daschle was chosen by President Obama to head Health and Human Services in 2008, but had his name withdrawn when it was discovered he had neglected to pay $128,203 in taxes three years prior.

John Kerry

Hillary’s successor and current Secretary of State John Kerry was caught docking his 76-foot yacht in Rhode Island instead of his home state of Massachussettes, thus avoiding the $500,000 or so in excise taxes he’d have to pay by doing so.

Clearly you don't care.

Millions of Americans do.

Why is Donald Trump the only Presidential candidate in decades to be afraid to show voters his taxes?

Even Tricky Dick showed Americans his tax returns.

Trump wants us to buy a pig in the poke.[
why do you need to see them?

Forum List

Back