Trump-endorsed candidate goes down in stunning landslide defeat in Kansas special election

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Trump had tweeted earlier today: "Ron Estes is running TODAY for Congress in the Great State of Kansas. A wonderful guy, I need his help on Healthcare & Tax Cuts (Reform)."

That tweet won the election for Thompson (the Democrat). Folks hate Trump.

the race was to replace CIA director Mike Pompeo

Uh...this was four minutes ago...

4th kansas.png

Live Results: Republicans Defend House Seat in Kansas Special Election

Trump had tweeted earlier today: "Ron Estes is running TODAY for Congress in the Great State of Kansas. A wonderful guy, I need his help on Healthcare & Tax Cuts (Reform)."

That tweet won the election for Thompson (the Democrat). Folks hate Trump.

the race was to replace CIA director Mike Pompeo

/---- Wowza. It's like Obozo endorsing Hildabeast

Kansas flops back and forth most of the time; lose the libertoon idiot, they're useless attention whores with no future. I'm surprised it's that close, really.

It shouldn't be close. It was a Trump +28 district. The fact that it is close is very bad news for Republicans.

Nah...it's one race with individual candidates in a special election. If Estes loses, that is going to be bad...but it Trump pulls Estes across the finish line and Republicans hold the seat...that's a win, no two ways about it.

It shouldn't be close. It was a Trump +28 district. The fact that it is close is very bad news for Republicans.

Bigger turnouts in Presidential general elections, the four year ones; elections like this get smaller turnouts and more Party loyalists, so they're going to be closer by default.

Estes has a 6,000 vote lead. Thompson is only up 4,000 votes in Sedgwick County with more than half of the Sedgwick Precincts counted. I think this one is over.

4th kansas.png

Totals --- Estes 50,066 ....Thompson 44,006 ....6,060 vote difference

151 of 257 precincts counted in Sedgwick County...well over half...and Thompson only holds a 3,920 vote lead. Even if he doubles that to 8,000 in the last 107 precincts...it isn't nearly enough to overcome Estes' lead.

Forum List

Back