Trump explains devastating condition that kept him from Vietnam War

69. How Ironic.

funny-pictures-auto-sign-joke-366141.jpeg

New York Times (7/18/2015): "Asked about his own military draft status, Mr. Trump, 69, said he had received medical deferments from the Vietnam War because of a bone spur in his foot. Mr. Trump could not recall which foot had been afflicted."

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/07/19/us/politics/trump-belittles-mccains-war-record.html?_r=0
Those things happen all the time. What's so strange or unusual about his reason? Was he the only one given a medical exemption?

New York Times (7/18/2015): "Asked about his own military draft status, Mr. Trump, 69, said he had received medical deferments from the Vietnam War because of a bone spur in his foot. Mr. Trump could not recall which foot had been afflicted."

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/07/19/us/politics/trump-belittles-mccains-war-record.html?_r=0
Those things happen all the time. What's so strange or unusual about his reason? Was he the only one given a medical exemption?

Getting out on a bone spur medical deferment....and then talking shit about those who actually fought?

"He is not a war hero," Trump told pollster Frank Luntz, who was hosting the session.

"He is a war hero," Luntz interjected.

"He is a war hero because he was captured," Trump said, cutting him off. "I like people that weren't captured, OK? I hate to tell you. He is a war hero because he was captured. OK, you can have -- I believe perhaps he is a war hero."

Donald Trump questions John McCain s bravery - CNNPolitics.com

McCain suffered permanent debilitating injuries while being tortured in a prison camp and can now no longer life his arms above shoulder level. Trump can't remember which foot he got his deferment over.

Sounds legit to me. Trump is definitely the candidate the GOP deserves. Trump so perfectly embodies the actual values of the GOP its spooky.

go to your basement hideaway. your obsessions over trump are becoming quite boring

NONE of you had a hardon over Billy Clinton and Obama NEVER serving THEIR COUNTRY in the Military

go vote for your THREE choices for the Democrats. two old WHITE corrupted fogies and another WHITE somebody called, O'Malley.

don't worry your wee head off over the Republicans. shoo

At least he can actually prove he is a US citizen and produce a birth certificate in a timely manner, unlike bozo.

What about the COLB that Obama in 2008 released wasn't 'timely'?

Trump isn't immune to foot in mouth disease.

Do you think this was a slip of the tongue? Or do you think Trump told us what he really thinks?

Its pretty clearly the latter.

I think Trump has a big ego and he was trying to win and argument in public, and in the process managed to put his foot squarely in his mouth. He isn't that insane to think like that. Unfortunately this is what happens when you speak spontaneously and never listen to what your advisors have to say.

Last edited:
Because he had clearly circumvented the draft it wasn't very wise of Trump to tamper with the American public's propensity for hero worship.

Like Trump, I do not regard being shot down and captured as consciously and deliberately performing above and beyond, which is the definition of heroism in the military context. But although I was never involved in combat I did spend four years in the Marine Corps, so I have far more justification than Trump to express doubts about McCain's "hero" status.

Those who might wonder why I feel that way will find some answers in this article: McCain the War Hero Has No Clothes And there are others available to anyone willing to do a little research.

Trump is correct -- but because of his own deficiency he is not right in saying what he did.

Getting out on a bone spur medical deferment....and then talking shit about those who actually fought?

"He is not a war hero," Trump told pollster Frank Luntz, who was hosting the session.

"He is a war hero because he was captured," Trump said, cutting him off. "I like people that weren't captured, OK? I hate to tell you. He is a war hero because he was captured. OK, you can have -- I believe perhaps he is a war hero."

McCain suffered permanent debilitating injuries while being tortured in a prison camp and can now no longer life his arms above shoulder level. Trump can't remember which foot he got his deferment over.

Sounds legit to me. Trump is definitely the candidate the GOP deserves. Trump so perfectly embodies the actual values of the GOP its spooky.
Please explain how Trump is any worse than what we have now, or have had since 1963. And which candidate running for president is any better than trump, and why? Thanks.

Trump isn't immune to foot in mouth disease.

Do you think this was a slip of the tongue? Or do you think Trump told us what he really thinks?

Its pretty clearly the latter.

I think Trump has a big ego and he was trying to win and argument in public, and in the process managed to put his foot squarely in his mouth. He isn't that insane to think like that. Unfortunately this is what what happens when you speak spontaneously and never listen to what your advisors have to say.

Insane? No. Profoundly stupid in showing a dismissive disdain for the sacrifices men like McCain made for his country when Trump himself was too 'disabled' to fight?

You betcha.

But again, shockingly aligned with the GOP's actual values. You've got to give Trump credit for not bothering with the innuendo and allusion that most GOP candidates use. And for representing his party.

Please explain how Trump is any worse than what we have now, or have had since 1963. And which candidate running for president is any better than trump, and why? Thanks.

Trump is by far the best that the GOP has to offer. You should definitely make that man the GOP presidential candidate.

Trump is by far the best that the GOP has to offer. You should definitely make that man the GOP presidential candidate.
He certainly can't be any worse that what we have now, or have had since 1963. And, it makes no difference to me which party he represents. I couldn't care less about party politics. The party is not important, it's he leadership that counts. Voters play into party politics way too much.

He certainly can't be any worse that what we have now, or have had since 1963. And, it makes no difference to me which party he represents. I couldn't care less about party politics. The party is not important, it's he leadership that counts. Voters play into party politics way too much.

Trump: He can't be any Worse!

If that's not a ringing endorsement, I don't know what is. You guys run with that. As it is truly the best the GOP can offer.

Trump: He can't be any Worse!

If that's not a ringing endorsement, I don't know what is. You guys run with that. As it is truly the best the GOP can offer.
I couldn't care less about the GOP. I'm NOT a Republican, Democrat, Independent, nor anything other than an American for America, period. Party politics doesn't mean anything to me. I don't play the stupid party BS.

Forum List

Back