Trump going after military industrial complex for cost overruns ...

Yep, "you people" refers to people like you who are butt hurt over the election ... you lost. Your questions are?

You sure do take a different tone at certain times. You struggle with some issue that causes that?

Yes, comments like "sure he is" over a month before he takes office. I obviously have huge distrust of politicians. But Trump sure has followed up with his cabinet appointments for someone who plans to be a typical politician. They oppose obamacare and support vouchers and is tossing political correctness and liberal hysteria out the window and picking who he wants.

He's gone after the military industry harder than anyone in my lifetime, including Reagan. We need serious action against government spending, it's out of control. He took the call from Taiwan. If he's planning to not follow up, he sure is setting himself up with his choices now, it's going to be a bloodbath with his supporters to do it very publicly. The man isn't stupid.

I'd like to give him a chance. You come in with "sure he is," which adds nothing to the conversation and is just the butt hurt liberals have provided in abundance since the election. It's just tired at this point

You believe the man when he talks. That's all I need to know.

Strawman.

So my choices are that I blindly believe him or I call him a liar like you. I've clearly said that while I voted for Johnson, but I'm going to give Trump a chance. At some point I may conclude I don't believe him, but I assure you if that day comes ... unlike you ... it will be AFTER January 20.

And if anything he is clearly trying to set up a cabinet that says he's serious. Why would he do that if he's not going to at least try? Why would he set up a cabinet full of people with stones then lie to them and get hammered for it? It makes no sense.

At some point do you want to try an adult conversation? You gotta give it to get it

I have also CLEARLY stated that I'm going to give him a chance. But..The dude is the most prolific liar to ever win that office. Not even close.

His cabinet is not serious. Outside of Mattis....who isn't actually eligible....name the serious pick.

Yet you turn around to me and demand I call him a liar now or I "believe the man when he talks."

Yet you get to give him a chance. Why don't I get the same option? Why do I have to decide now according to you? Then again you're calling him a liar now and demanding I do, so you didn't mean it when you said you were giving him a chance, did you?

I am giving him a chance. All signs to me point to that he's at least serious in his head. We won't know if he's committed until he's ... you know ... sworn in. Then I expect delivery or I sure the hell then will say he's not delivering

Won't it be sweet if he goes after social programs with the same vigor? I sure hope he does
Yep. Hopefully, he cuts out food programs for children and they starve, because hey, we just want to make sure they get into this world, then once they're here it's, fuck you kid, you're on your own.

LMAO No children starve on welfare. In fact most are obese. Isn't that Mooch's big deal? Having kids eat healthy??

Personally I'd get rid of Welfare and Medicaid. You'd be surprised how quickly people can take care of themselves when the free ride comes to a screeching halt. That was proved back in the 90's when Congress drastically cut welfare.

I'm not interested in bankrolling anyone's life for them and if you are then whip our YOUR wallet, debit card and check book and have at it you dumbass.

Believe me they will take anything YOU want to give them and ask for more.

We have loads of freeloaders in this country and they will take anything they can get for free. Though nothing is free. Its all provided by we the taxpayer and I for one and sick of it.
For every lovely on the dole,
Mandatory birth control.

Pass it on.
Nah. There are MILLIONS of working white people on welfare thanks to capitalist greed.
Capitalist greed or government intervention ? I seem to remember the Government forcing lenders to give loans to people who did not have the means to pay them back.
Good mixture of both sounds good.

Yep. Hopefully, he cuts out food programs for children and they starve, because hey, we just want to make sure they get into this world, then once they're here it's, fuck you kid, you're on your own.

LMAO No children starve on welfare. In fact most are obese. Isn't that Mooch's big deal? Having kids eat healthy??

Personally I'd get rid of Welfare and Medicaid. You'd be surprised how quickly people can take care of themselves when the free ride comes to a screeching halt. That was proved back in the 90's when Congress drastically cut welfare.

I'm not interested in bankrolling anyone's life for them and if you are then whip our YOUR wallet, debit card and check book and have at it you dumbass.

Believe me they will take anything YOU want to give them and ask for more.

We have loads of freeloaders in this country and they will take anything they can get for free. Though nothing is free. Its all provided by we the taxpayer and I for one and sick of it.
Which is why you righttards LOST. Cruz LOST,Walker LOST. We elected a populist. Want a government that hates its poorest members I am sure you can go find one overseas. People that make min wage CAN NOT afford food for their families,so pick one or the other. Welfare for the WORKER or welfare for the corporations that pay the workers shit wages.

A populist who's sure setting up to go after spending. Maybe they weren't so dumb.

That said I'm still a Cruz supporter, I think he'd go after spending with the same vigor. But Trump seems to be the first spending conscious President since Reagan.

On that last sentence, liberals may now display your profound lack of historical knowledge ...
Spending sure like the overpriced Jets and military waste,fraud etc,the overpriced Air Force One plane...he said quite clearly he wouldn't cut social needs or social security.Course you like Cruz. That SOB is an Israel Firster and HATES anyone who doesn't bow down to Israel including his own christian brethren....he's a disgusting POS.

He doesn't do any of that with Israel, you're FOS

Watch the video yourself. He refused to stand with christians which he proclaims to be

Good on him, but the MIC runs the country at the end of day. Permanent War is the goal. Military spending will continue to increase. Not much the President can do about that. Any President that seriously takes on the MIC, will be risking his or her life.

JFK was the last President to take on the MIC and Federal Reserve. And we all know how that turned out. All politicians got the message loud & clear. No President since, has dared to follow JFK's lead.

Read up on how military spending collapsed after the end of the COld War. Especially in inflation adjusted dollars.

Compared to the rest of the world, US Military spending is insanely astronomical. For instance, China and Russia military spending combined, isn't even close to US spending. And no US President is gonna change that. Any President who dares to seek peace, will likely go the way of JFK. For the MIC, Permanent War is the agenda. Anyone interfering with that, really is risking their life.

People like you said that back during the Cold War.

THen the Soviets collapsed and, with the big threat gone, military spending fell though the floor.

Your theory has been disproved by history.

Good on him, but the MIC runs the country at the end of day. Permanent War is the goal. Military spending will continue to increase. Not much the President can do about that. Any President that seriously takes on the MIC, will be risking his or her life.

JFK was the last President to take on the MIC and Federal Reserve. And we all know how that turned out. All politicians got the message loud & clear. No President since, has dared to follow JFK's lead.

Read up on how military spending collapsed after the end of the COld War. Especially in inflation adjusted dollars.

Compared to the rest of the world, US Military spending is insanely astronomical. For instance, China and Russia military spending combined, isn't even close to US spending. And no US President is gonna change that. Any President who dares to seek peace, will likely go the way of JFK. For the MIC, Permanent War is the agenda. Anyone interfering with that, really is risking their life.

THen the Soviets collapsed and, with the big threat gone, military spending fell though the floor.

Possible temporary respites. But overall, the MIC is gonna get its wars and massive funding. It'll always create a new Boogeyman for Americans to fear & hate. The agenda is Permanent War. And no US President is gonna interfere with that. Making any attempts to, would be incredibly dangerous.

You sure do take a different tone at certain times. You struggle with some issue that causes that?

Yes, comments like "sure he is" over a month before he takes office. I obviously have huge distrust of politicians. But Trump sure has followed up with his cabinet appointments for someone who plans to be a typical politician. They oppose obamacare and support vouchers and is tossing political correctness and liberal hysteria out the window and picking who he wants.

He's gone after the military industry harder than anyone in my lifetime, including Reagan. We need serious action against government spending, it's out of control. He took the call from Taiwan. If he's planning to not follow up, he sure is setting himself up with his choices now, it's going to be a bloodbath with his supporters to do it very publicly. The man isn't stupid.

I'd like to give him a chance. You come in with "sure he is," which adds nothing to the conversation and is just the butt hurt liberals have provided in abundance since the election. It's just tired at this point

You believe the man when he talks. That's all I need to know.

Strawman.

So my choices are that I blindly believe him or I call him a liar like you. I've clearly said that while I voted for Johnson, but I'm going to give Trump a chance. At some point I may conclude I don't believe him, but I assure you if that day comes ... unlike you ... it will be AFTER January 20.

And if anything he is clearly trying to set up a cabinet that says he's serious. Why would he do that if he's not going to at least try? Why would he set up a cabinet full of people with stones then lie to them and get hammered for it? It makes no sense.

At some point do you want to try an adult conversation? You gotta give it to get it

I have also CLEARLY stated that I'm going to give him a chance. But..The dude is the most prolific liar to ever win that office. Not even close.

His cabinet is not serious. Outside of Mattis....who isn't actually eligible....name the serious pick.

Yet you turn around to me and demand I call him a liar now or I "believe the man when he talks."

Yet you get to give him a chance. Why don't I get the same option? Why do I have to decide now according to you? Then again you're calling him a liar now and demanding I do, so you didn't mean it when you said you were giving him a chance, did you?

I am giving him a chance. All signs to me point to that he's at least serious in his head. We won't know if he's committed until he's ... you know ... sworn in. Then I expect delivery or I sure the hell then will say he's not delivering

I'm not demanding shit. I'm mocking you for telling me that you believe Trump when he talks. You are one of the least trusting people here. You basically believe every politician to be a professional liar. You think Obama is a world class liar ( he's not ) and you trust Trump. Trump. That is funny.

Possible temporary respites. But overall, the MIC is gonna get its wars and massive funding. It'll always create a new Boogeyman for Americans to fear & hate. The agenda is Permanent War. And no US President is gonna interfere with that. Making any attempts to, would be incredibly dangerous.

NOpe. Large businesses, like McDonnell Douglas, closed up shop. There was no "massive funding" until 9-11. The "bogeyman" was not a fiction created by American businesses.

NOpe. Large businesses, like McDonnell Douglas, closed up shop. There was no "massive funding" until 9-11. The "bogeyman" was not a fiction created by American businesses.

Just remember, Permanent War is the MIC agenda. Any US President daring to seek peace, is considered an 'Enemy.' I don't see any JFK's coming anytime soon.

Just remember, Permanent War is the MIC agenda. Any US President daring to seek peace, is considered an 'Enemy.' I don't see any JFK's coming anytime soon.

What you just did there was the Logical Fallacy of Proof by Assertion. Your point is invalid.

Bravo, the military suppliers are just used to charging more and getting paid. Damned time they are accountable for under bidding and over billing. First it was Air Force One, now it's the F35s. Time for some accountability.

Won't it be sweet if he goes after social programs with the same vigor? I sure hope he does

Links? Credible proof?

What you just did there was the Logical Fallacy of Proof by Assertion. Your point is invalid.

You'll probably come around at some point. Permanent War is the MIC agenda. Peace isn't an option.

You'll probably come around at some point. Permanent War is the MIC agenda. Peace isn't an option.

Except that you are unable to explain the long period of declining spending after the end of the Cold War.

Bravo, the military suppliers are just used to charging more and getting paid. Damned time they are accountable for under bidding and over billing. First it was Air Force One, now it's the F35s. Time for some accountability.

Links? Credible proof?

I don't know what you're asking for. Tell me what you tried to Google and couldn't find related to what I said and I'll see what I can do to help you out

Except that you are unable to explain the long period of declining spending after the end of the Cold War.

We've been at war for at least the last 70yrs. And there's many more wars to come. Always keep in mind, peace is not an option. There's no profit in it for the MIC. The last US President to take on the MIC and try peace, died horrifically. No President since has tried it. It's a very sad vicious circle of war. There's no end in sight.

We've been at war for at least the last 70yrs. And there's many more wars to come. Always keep in mind, peace is not an option. There's no profit in it for the MIC. The last US President to take on the MIC and try peace, died horrifically. No President since has tried it. It's a very sad vicious circle of war. There's no end in sight.

Nothing in your post addressed my point.

My point which cited history to completely disprove your position.

If you are truly unaware of the collapse of military spending after the Cold War, then you are spouting off about a subject of which you are simply uninformed.

I recall discussions with a buddy of mine at the time. We both knew that with the end of the COld War that spending was on procurement and development would drop like a rock, that what we had at that time was going to be what we had for a generation.

He was upset over the wastefulness of it, of procurement programs that would be cancelled just as they started actual production, (thus resulting in HUGE per unit costs), for example.

I told him it was useless to even discuss. There would be no planned and reasonable wind down. No one in a position to do anything about it, was caring. They were already focusing on other priorities.

If you are truly unaware of the collapse of military spending after the Cold War, then you are spouting off about a subject of which you are simply uninformed.

I recall discussions with a buddy of mine at the time. We both knew that with the end of the COld War that spending was on procurement and development would drop like a rock, that what we had at that time was going to be what we had for a generation.

He was upset over the wastefulness of it, of procurement programs that would be cancelled just as they started actual production, (thus resulting in HUGE per unit costs), for example.

I told him it was useless to even discuss. There would be no planned and reasonable wind down. No one in a position to do anything about it, was caring. They were already focusing on other priorities.

Only brief respites. Take a close look at US military spending compared to the rest of the world. No other nation even close. So, more wars? You betcha. Peace is not an option.

Only brief respites. Take a close look at US military spending compared to the rest of the world. No other nation even close. So, more wars? You betcha. Peace is not an option.
I don't know. I'd say warmongering a more proximate cause of war than military spending.

chosenlobbyists.jpg

That would probably get him bumped off faster than anything else he may do.

I don't know. I'd say warmongering a more proximate cause of war than military spending.

chosenlobbyists.jpg

Why would the MIC want peace? That's the worst case scenario for it. The wars must drag on. There will always be a 'Boogeyman' to be sleighed. I don't see any JFK's walking through that door anytime soon. It's Permanent War. It's very sad.

Forum List

Back