Trump has spent 22% of his presidency on the golf course

Oh for the love of God! It is NOT a real number! It's a made up number! You can claim that you've saved a million jobs and there is no possible way on earth to disprove that number!

You are posting total falsehoods. The numbers are mainstream estimates from non-partisan economists. They are not "made up" as you ridiculously claim.

There is some difficulty in tracking dollars going through economy, which is why we have to rely on macro-economic estimates. But you don't get to believe whatever you feel like simply because you have some political inclination to.

Economists, like those at CBO, say that because of Stimulus there were 1.5-3 million jobs more during 2009-2015 period then there would be absent that policy.

They can't say how many were saved vs. how many were created, nor does it matter much for the overall economic picture.

cbpp-20130201-stimulusjobs.jpg
Th
"Jobs saved," though is not an objective measure. It's clearly impossible to know with any real certainty how many jobs would have been lost and were not due to any specific cause. That's why none of the statistical agencies publish any such number. Are the CBO estimates "made up?" No. Neither are they necessarily anywhere close to the truth.
Yes they are close to the truth

Best we got

Oh for the love of God! It is NOT a real number! It's a made up number! You can claim that you've saved a million jobs and there is no possible way on earth to disprove that number!

You are posting total falsehoods. The numbers are mainstream estimates from non-partisan economists. They are not "made up" as you ridiculously claim.

There is some difficulty in tracking dollars going through economy, which is why we have to rely on macro-economic estimates. But you don't get to believe whatever you feel like simply because you have some political inclination to.

Economists, like those at CBO, say that because of Stimulus there were 1.5-3 million jobs more during 2009-2015 period then there would be absent that policy.

They can't say how many were saved vs. how many were created, nor does it matter much for the overall economic picture.

Th
"Jobs saved," though is not an objective measure. It's clearly impossible to know with any real certainty how many jobs would have been lost and were not due to any specific cause. That's why none of the statistical agencies publish any such number. Are the CBO estimates "made up?" No. Neither are they necessarily anywhere close to the truth.

The point is that those estimates are the best, most reasonable numbers for us to assume.

"Objective measures" are a luxury often not afforded to us in macro economics, but that is not an excuse to simply believe whatever your politics dictate over professional estimates.

Bottom line is that according to what we know 870 billions dollar sustained about 1.5-3 million jobs in tough times.

Last edited:

Th

Best we got
True, and while they are not made up or useless, OldSttyle is not completely wrong as the main use of "jobs saved" is to validate policy. No one at BLS or BEA uses it.

AKA crude, defamatory anti-USA disinformation.

How many people actually believe the false claim that Trump has spent 20% of the time during his presidency on the golf course. Not very many.

That's a great example of how the far left deceives, Muhammed! Trump has two homes that are in golf course communities...a summer place in New Jersey and his winter house in Florida. When he's at either house, liberals count that as being at a golf course. I live in a golf course community therefore according to liberals...I play golf every day that I spend at my house! It's absurd...but what else is new! The attacks on Trump get more absurd with each passing week.
And yet, despite your sycophantic excuses, what Trump actually said was...
"You know what ... and I love golf ... but if I were in the White House, I don't think I'd ever see Turnberry again. I don't think I'd ever see Doral again -- I own Doral, in Miami. I don't think I'd ever see many of the places that I have, I don't ever think that I'd see anything. I just wanna stay in the White House and work my ass off, make great deals, right? Who's gonna leave? I mean, who's gonna leave?"
Now that he's got your vote, of his first 170 days as president, he's spent 51 of them at his own properties plus another 37 at golf properties.

Less than half his time is actually spent at the White House -- "I just wanna stay in the White House and work my ass off, make great deals, right? Who's gonna leave? I mean, who's gonna leave?"

I have absolutely no problem with Trump working out of somewhere other than the White House. I had absolutely no problem with Barack Obama doing the same. What I DID have a problem with in regards to Obama was his taking a vacation to Martha's Vineyard with so many people out of work and waiting on him for to release his plan to grow the economy and create jobs. I'd have the exact same problem if Trump were to do the same thing. To put what I'm saying in context...back in August of 2011, horrible unemployment numbers had come out and the stock market was in free fall losing 419 points the day after! Obama had just been seen on stage admitting that the "shovel ready" jobs that he had promised would be created by his stimulus weren't as shovel ready as they'd predicted! People around the country were reeling and looked to their President for leadership. Instead of telling them what his plan was to fix the economy. Barack Obama told them that they'd have to wait two weeks because he was heading to the Vineyard to play golf! I had a HUGE problem with that! When you're the CEO...you go on vacation when things are fixed. Trump grasps that concept. Barry never did.
WTF?? There were 100 million people, ages 16 and up, not working in August of 2012, when you claim you had a problem with the president playing golf.

Yet you don't mind the president playing golf now even though there are 102 million people not working??

Huge difference between then and now, Faun! The stock market isn't in free fall...it's hitting record highs. Unemployment numbers look better than they have...not worse. People aren't asking what Trump's plan is to fix the economy because he's been working since taking office on things specifically designed to stimulate economic growth. That wasn't the case with Obama. He had just spent the majority of his time getting the ACA passed...something that hurt job creation! The stimulus was supposed to make the economy grow and create hundreds of thousands of "shovel ready" jobs but he'd just admitted that hadn't happened! Telling people who were out of work and running dry on their life's savings that they'd have to wait a couple weeks before he'd reveal what his new plan would be to fix the economy because he was going on vacation was adding insult to injury.
Oh, please, the Dow hit records hit record highs many times as it tripled under his watch from 6600 to 19800....

331q6ht.png

Post a link to where you once ever said it's ok in your feeble mind for Obama to play golf. :eusa_doh:

That's a great example of how the far left deceives, Muhammed! Trump has two homes that are in golf course communities...a summer place in New Jersey and his winter house in Florida. When he's at either house, liberals count that as being at a golf course. I live in a golf course community therefore according to liberals...I play golf every day that I spend at my house! It's absurd...but what else is new! The attacks on Trump get more absurd with each passing week.
"You know what ... and I love golf ... but if I were in the White House, I don't think I'd ever see Turnberry again. I don't think I'd ever see Doral again -- I own Doral, in Miami. I don't think I'd ever see many of the places that I have, I don't ever think that I'd see anything. I just wanna stay in the White House and work my ass off, make great deals, right? Who's gonna leave? I mean, who's gonna leave?"
Now that he's got your vote, of his first 170 days as president, he's spent 51 of them at his own properties plus another 37 at golf properties.

Less than half his time is actually spent at the White House -- "I just wanna stay in the White House and work my ass off, make great deals, right? Who's gonna leave? I mean, who's gonna leave?"

I have absolutely no problem with Trump working out of somewhere other than the White House. I had absolutely no problem with Barack Obama doing the same. What I DID have a problem with in regards to Obama was his taking a vacation to Martha's Vineyard with so many people out of work and waiting on him for to release his plan to grow the economy and create jobs. I'd have the exact same problem if Trump were to do the same thing. To put what I'm saying in context...back in August of 2011, horrible unemployment numbers had come out and the stock market was in free fall losing 419 points the day after! Obama had just been seen on stage admitting that the "shovel ready" jobs that he had promised would be created by his stimulus weren't as shovel ready as they'd predicted! People around the country were reeling and looked to their President for leadership. Instead of telling them what his plan was to fix the economy. Barack Obama told them that they'd have to wait two weeks because he was heading to the Vineyard to play golf! I had a HUGE problem with that! When you're the CEO...you go on vacation when things are fixed. Trump grasps that concept. Barry never did.
WTF?? There were 100 million people, ages 16 and up, not working in August of 2012, when you claim you had a problem with the president playing golf.

Yet you don't mind the president playing golf now even though there are 102 million people not working??

Huge difference between then and now, Faun! The stock market isn't in free fall...it's hitting record highs. Unemployment numbers look better than they have...not worse. People aren't asking what Trump's plan is to fix the economy because he's been working since taking office on things specifically designed to stimulate economic growth. That wasn't the case with Obama. He had just spent the majority of his time getting the ACA passed...something that hurt job creation! The stimulus was supposed to make the economy grow and create hundreds of thousands of "shovel ready" jobs but he'd just admitted that hadn't happened! Telling people who were out of work and running dry on their life's savings that they'd have to wait a couple weeks before he'd reveal what his new plan would be to fix the economy because he was going on vacation was adding insult to injury.
Oh, please, the Dow hit records hit record highs many times as it tripled under his watch from 6600 to 19800....
Why did it triple?

Why did it triple?
Liberal policies implemented by the government.

Why did it triple?
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Why did it triple?
In this case, it was good. It contributed to stabilizing a collapsing economy, injected value back into a crashing stock market, and trickled into other facets of the economy.

Donald Trump has spent 22% of his presidency so far on the golf course

Can you imagine how Fox News and republicans would have reacted if Obama golfed as much as Trump did thus far? It blows my mind Trumpsters on this board could be such hypocrites.

Gosh, that's A LOT OF GOLF!

Twenty-two percent of his presidency would be 966 HOURS of golf. Say 4 hours per round, I don't know I don't play the silly game. 966/4 = 240+ rounds of golf which is more than one round a day, plus an extra round or two on each weekend seven days a week since he took office. I don't know that Tiger played that many a week.

Such fools are the Progressives.

Why did it triple?
In this case, it was good. It contributed to stabilizing a collapsing economy, injected value back into a crashing stock market, and trickled into other facets of the economy.
Will you say the same thing a year from now?

Please update your photobucket account so we can all see what stupid image you tried to post. Thanks.

Sorry about that. For years Photobucket was a reasonable price, FEE. A couple years ago they started to swamp it in ads trying to get you to buy the ad free version. Now they're saying that they won't act as a third party host for photo's for free any longer. They have three plans and the only one that hosts a third party or whatever is $399.99 a year! No thanks. $40.00 a year I'd go along with but not $400.00 I'll have to figure something else.

Th

Best we got
True, and while they are not made up or useless, OldSttyle is not completely wrong as the main use of "jobs saved" is to validate policy. No one at BLS or BEA uses it.

We were trying to stimulate the economy and stop a depression

When you are losing 770,000 jobs a month, stopping the bleeding was a major objective. Stimulus funds were reserved for "shovel ready jobs", jobs that could hire immediately if funding were available. Additional funding was used to allow budget starved municipalities to not fire police, firemen and teachers

Saving those jobs was as important as creating new jobs

Th

Best we got

No, you are not listening, it is NOT to validate policy, it is to accurately describe what the estimates are of it's macroeconomic effects. Estimates DO NOT show whether jobs were saved or created, they show how many more(or less) jobs there are due to specific policy.

Again, macroeconomic estimate cannot tell you how many people didn't get fired because of policy vs how many got a new job, it looks at how many jobs a policy sustains.

Last edited:

Can you imagine how Fox News and republicans would have reacted if Obama golfed as much as Trump did thus far? It blows my mind Trumpsters on this board could be such hypocrites.

Gosh, that's A LOT OF GOLF!

Twenty-two percent of his presidency would be 966 HOURS of golf. Say 4 hours per round, I don't know I don't play the silly game. 966/4 = 240+ rounds of golf which is more than one round a day, plus an extra round or two on each weekend seven days a week since he took office. I don't know that Tiger played that many a week.

Such fools are the Progressives.
No, you are. Where did the article state he played golf for 22% of his presidency?

Th

Best we got

We were trying to stimulate the economy and stop a depression

When you are losing 770,000 jobs a month, stopping the bleeding was a major objective. Stimulus funds were reserved for "shovel ready jobs", jobs that could hire immediately if funding were available. Additional funding was used to allow budget starved municipalities to not fire police, firemen and teachers

Saving those jobs was as important as creating new jobs
Ok, and? My point was that you cannot objectively measure how many jobs would have been lost if not for a particular policy decision. There are just too many variables and assumptions and subjective decisions.

We can measure what did happen, but we cannot measure what would have happened.

When I was in college one of my business professors told the class to learn how to play golf. We all laughed of course. The professor then reiterated his statement. He went on to explain that a lot of deals are made on the golf course. For someone like President Trump I don't doubt this is true. As long as he is getting the job done, which he is, I don't care how much time he spends on the golf course.

Forum List

Back