Trump Has Worn Us All Out

Until now it has been unclear to me precisely how Trump ends. His manifestly rotten character hasnā€™t alienated his supporters, who are all too ready with rationalizations and fluent in trade-offs. Theyā€™re also unbothered by many of his missteps, because he has sold those to a cynical electorate as media fables and rivalsā€™ fabrications. Heā€™s so enterprising and assiduous at pointing the finger elsewhere that many voters have lost their bearings. Defeat is victory. Oppressors are liberators. Corruption is caring. Mar-a-Loco is Shangri-La.

[ā€¦]

ā€œEven Trumpā€™s Supporters Are Getting Tired of His Daily Dramaā€ was the headline on Jim Geraghtyā€™s Monday column in National Review, which sometimes travels fantastically creative routes to reach the sunny side of Trump.

[ā€¦]

He linked to a lament by the conservative writer Rod Dreher, who, he noted, ā€œis exhausted from the president behaving like ā€˜a clown who refuses to meet with the prime minister of Denmark because she wonā€™t sell him Greenland.ā€™ā€

[ā€¦]

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if voters consciously or subconsciously conclude that they just canā€™t continue to live like this and that four more years would be ruinous, if not to the country as a whole, then to our individual psyches. By the time Election Day rolls around, they may crave nothing more electric than stability and serenity. That wouldnā€™t be a bad Democratic bumper sticker. Itā€™s essentially the message of Joe Bidenā€™s campaign.

Donald Trump Has Worn Us All Out

We can only hope that Frank Bruni is correct.

I'm still humored by it. The only way to get me worn out, is if you engage in bad policy, or if you have real scandals.

A completely faked Russian probe is not going to wear me out. Why would it? It was a massive nothing burger, and I knew it was a nothing burger for months before the report even came out.

For my part, I'm enjoying seeing the left-wingers spin and freak out non-stop, and seeing idiots like AOC actually get play in the media with her "we're all dead in 12 years" stuff.

I'm having a blast. This has been by far the most entertaining presidency in my lifetime. The part where Trump called out Omar directly, with his "spare me your fake tears when you hate Israel" tweet? That was classic. That was frame worthy, and should be posted in Time Square for everyone to see.

And just seeing all the lefties freak and start a dozen threads on this forum, every time Trump sneezes. I love it. It's been a good time to be on the right.
This has been by far the most entertaining presidency in my lifetime.
That's the problem right there. Trump is a reality tv show host, and that is why the country voted him in. Well, the Republicans voted for him, too, because they wanted control. But it was all those folks wanting to be entertained by a super rich guy who talks smack on Twitter and has a super hot wife that put Trump over the top.

So in your opinion ~63mil Americans are that simplistic. You're a real winner....
The party of no dignity or class demofks

I just hope that whomever our next President is, they can and will comport themselves with dignity, intelligence, respect and maturity.

At least HALF of the time. I'll settle for THAT.

I never would have worried about that until now, but I just don't want this administration to be normalized going forward.
Any candidate from either party would comport themselves better than Trump

I just hope that whomever our next President is, they can and will comport themselves with dignity, intelligence, respect and maturity.

I never would have worried about that until now, but I just don't want this administration to be normalized going forward.
comport themselves with dignity, intelligence, respect and maturity.

But nothing about Competence? Succesful policy? Good business deals? The list keeps on giving.
At this moment, this Presidency is not going well

You mean in 2025?

BTW, have you noticed who the Communist party is running?

iu
Yes.

Until now it has been unclear to me precisely how Trump ends. His manifestly rotten character hasnā€™t alienated his supporters, who are all too ready with rationalizations and fluent in trade-offs. Theyā€™re also unbothered by many of his missteps, because he has sold those to a cynical electorate as media fables and rivalsā€™ fabrications. Heā€™s so enterprising and assiduous at pointing the finger elsewhere that many voters have lost their bearings. Defeat is victory. Oppressors are liberators. Corruption is caring. Mar-a-Loco is Shangri-La.

[ā€¦]

ā€œEven Trumpā€™s Supporters Are Getting Tired of His Daily Dramaā€ was the headline on Jim Geraghtyā€™s Monday column in National Review, which sometimes travels fantastically creative routes to reach the sunny side of Trump.

[ā€¦]

He linked to a lament by the conservative writer Rod Dreher, who, he noted, ā€œis exhausted from the president behaving like ā€˜a clown who refuses to meet with the prime minister of Denmark because she wonā€™t sell him Greenland.ā€™ā€

[ā€¦]

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if voters consciously or subconsciously conclude that they just canā€™t continue to live like this and that four more years would be ruinous, if not to the country as a whole, then to our individual psyches. By the time Election Day rolls around, they may crave nothing more electric than stability and serenity. That wouldnā€™t be a bad Democratic bumper sticker. Itā€™s essentially the message of Joe Bidenā€™s campaign.

NOT TIRED OF WINNING OR YOUR WHINING!

Accomplishments for Americaā€™s Best do not matter...you just need to feel good and hear a calm collected soothing tone and demeanor?
I expect both. You can lower your standards & expectations all you want.

But nothing about Competence? Succesful policy? Good business deals? The list keeps on giving.

You have none of that now so what's the difference?

I don't know if his fans see this. I think it's possible that they finally have a President who behaves like they do, and it makes them feel better about themselves. They feel validated.

[ā€¦]

[ā€¦]

[ā€¦]

<YAWN!>

You quoted a bunch of never-Trumpers. Frank Bruni works for the NYT and famously said "Our Coverage Is Not 'Anti-Trump.'" He thereby established himself as an astounding liar. All three of your sources have been denouncing Trump since the day he was elected.

[ā€¦]

[ā€¦]

[ā€¦]

Oh c'mon! As part of the 'tard herd, all you have to do is think of some new lies! You can do it!

List warning #1 issued on Aldo Raine for spreading false statements.

I don't know if his fans see this. I think it's possible that they finally have a President who behaves like they do, and it makes them feel better about themselves. They feel validated.

ā€œBehaves like they doā€
Yep, they and he want whatā€™s best for good, real Americans...Weird concept huh?

Lol, that all you got?

ā€œBehaves like they doā€
Yep, they and he want whatā€™s best for good, real Americans...Weird concept huh?
You can take it that way, sure.

Lol, that all you got?

So what "you all" want is a Merkel/Obama incompetent to import muslims and prevent productivity?

Lol, that all you got?

So what "you all" want is a Merkel/Obama incompetent to import muslims and prevent productivity?

Tramp is preventing productivity without them. MAGA!!!

[ā€¦]

[ā€¦]

[ā€¦]

I figured it was the NY Slimes dumbing you down

[ā€¦]

[ā€¦]

[ā€¦]

I'm still humored by it. The only way to get me worn out, is if you engage in bad policy, or if you have real scandals.

A completely faked Russian probe is not going to wear me out. Why would it? It was a massive nothing burger, and I knew it was a nothing burger for months before the report even came out.

For my part, I'm enjoying seeing the left-wingers spin and freak out non-stop, and seeing idiots like AOC actually get play in the media with her "we're all dead in 12 years" stuff.

I'm having a blast. This has been by far the most entertaining presidency in my lifetime. The part where Trump called out Omar directly, with his "spare me your fake tears when you hate Israel" tweet? That was classic. That was frame worthy, and should be posted in Time Square for everyone to see.

And just seeing all the lefties freak and start a dozen threads on this forum, every time Trump sneezes. I love it. It's been a good time to be on the right.
This has been by far the most entertaining presidency in my lifetime.
That's the problem right there. Trump is a reality tv show host, and that is why the country voted him in. Well, the Republicans voted for him, too, because they wanted control. But it was all those folks wanting to be entertained by a super rich guy who talks smack on Twitter and has a super hot wife that put Trump over the top.

So in your opinion ~63mil Americans are that simplistic. You're a real winner....
Reading is Fundamental. I suggest you learn how.

[ā€¦]

[ā€¦]

[ā€¦]

Fake left wing outrage has worn me out. Every freakin day the nuts with their butt hurt over nothing. I donā€™t expect to end even when he leaves office, just like Bush was the excuse for the left during the Obama years and Reagan has been complained about by the left since 1988.

The left isnā€™t happy unless they are crying about how powerless they are against the Republicans.

[ā€¦]

[ā€¦]

[ā€¦]

You've been worn out since the day after Hillary lost.
You have since entered the 'unhinged zone' like most of your ilk. :blues:

Forum List

Back