Trump: Have the Coronavirus, Go to Work and recover!

Too boot, you have Trumptard morons on this board disputing what Trump actually said. You can't make up their stupidity.

And when they have no other excuse or absurd mansplanation -They claim Donnie was only "joking". Those like Dotardo with zero sense of humor don't joke.

Well isn't this a TDS circle jerk.

Are you the power bottom?
Wow, the TDS argument. You know your argument is full of shit when you resort to TDS as a come back.

What - TDS and "57 States" no longer leaves a mark? Join the club ;)

Getting tired of having each other's fists up your respective asses?

Oooh OUCH!! - That's very clever Marty. May I use it sometime? :rolleyes:

Another day another dumb left wing stooge parroting lies from their lying propagandist marxist pets in the media.

Economy doing great under Trump = obama economy

Economy tanks at all = Trump's economy

That is what we debate every day. Why do we bother?

There are threads all over this board, for instance, started by Trumpists that the coronavirus is some kind of joke. Trump said that if you have it you can go to work to recover. I mean what kind of idiot says that. Trump was clear what he said and what he meant.
I just told you that’s not what he said and not what I am saying. Let me dumb it down.

If you know you have the virus seek help and follow CDC protocol. Many think it’s just a bad cold and still go to work. Have you never gone to work with a bad cold? You’re conflating the two in order to troll. Why are you purposely spreading false rumors and lies? Not only about Trump but now me? Hold yourself accountable
Does Trump hold himself accountable when he says that the WHO is purposefully inflating the mortality rate of Corona? at 23.30 or at 24.15 normalizing going to work while infected without reiterating how bad that is? Social isolation is the only thing that even has a chance of containing something like this. Yet here we have the president going on national television and downplaying its severity and normalizing social contact while sick.

My question is why are you defending that instead of calling for him to be accountable for it?

Restate? I heard the interview. He never minimized virus.

If you say that your "instinct of the mortality rate is not 3.3 as the WHO suggests but rather less than 1 percent than that is minimizing it is it not?"

He said he had a hunch and explained his hunch and I agree with it.

This to me in a way is the epitome of the Trump era. You are trying to argue factual information gathered by experts in the fields and replace it by "hunches" just because the person you support said so. While at the same time being prepared to NOT even consider the damage it does. I'm going to assume you are not dumb but do you realize how bizarre that sounds?

Last edited:
Not what he nor I said. Why are you doing this? To be a troll? He said many don’t even know they have it and continue with their daily lives.
There are threads all over this board, for instance, started by Trumpists that the coronavirus is some kind of joke. Trump said that if you have it you can go to work to recover. I mean what kind of idiot says that. Trump was clear what he said and what he meant.
I just told you that’s not what he said and not what I am saying. Let me dumb it down.

If you know you have the virus seek help and follow CDC protocol. Many think it’s just a bad cold and still go to work. Have you never gone to work with a bad cold? You’re conflating the two in order to troll. Why are you purposely spreading false rumors and lies? Not only about Trump but now me? Hold yourself accountable
Does Trump hold himself accountable when he says that the WHO is purposefully inflating the mortality rate of Corona? at 23.30 or at 24.15 normalizing going to work while infected without reiterating how bad that is? Social isolation is the only thing that even has a chance of containing something like this. Yet here we have the president going on national television and downplaying its severity and normalizing social contact while sick.

My question is why are you defending that instead of calling for him to be accountable for it?

He did "normalize" it by saying a lot of people have been going to work with it and nothing bad happened. Some people who aren't well informed may take that to mean, "Hey, the President said a lot of people are going to work with it--just because I'm sick doesn't mean I need to stay home; lots of other people don't."

No, he never said "Go to work." His unfortunate turn of phrase made it sound like people CAN though. He really needs to leave this to Pence.

He simply said many see it is a cold and just go on with their lives and he is right.

He did "normalize" it by saying a lot of people have been going to work with it and nothing bad happened. Some people who aren't well informed may take that to mean, "Hey, the President said a lot of people are going to work with it--just because I'm sick doesn't mean I need to stay home; lots of other people don't."

No, he never said "Go to work." His unfortunate turn of phrase made it sound like people CAN though. He really needs to leave this to Pence.

He simply said many see it is a cold and just go on with their lives and he is right.

A cold kills nobody, the flu kills 0.1 percent. This thing kills 3.4 percent of the people who contract it. This means if even 10 percent of the populace contracts it over a million will die.

If indeed people underestimate its seriousness than his job as president is to educate people on how wrong they are NOT, normalize it.

Last edited:

Trump never said what you claim in the title of your OP.

Have fun playing your game though never actually never giving a crap about the situation....

You may now resume your video game playing

That’s the problem. It’s what makes the spread so insidious. People who are sick go about their business and infect others.

A cold kills nobody, the flu kills 0.1 percent. This thing kills 3.4 percent of the people who contract it. This means if even 10 percent of the populace contracts it over a million will die.

If indeed people underestimate its seriousness than his job as president is to educate people on how wrong they are NOT, normalize it.

3.4% is exaggerated because that is from the people who tested + and who are in countries with inferior medicinal care and who already have underlying conditions. If you're healthy and not over 80 your recovery is ~99% guaranteed.

That’s the problem. It’s what makes the spread so insidious. People who are sick go about their business and infect others.

That has been the case for 100s of years. People with colds go to work. This is nothing new.

That has been the case for 100s of years. People with colds go to work. This is nothing new.

Covid-19 most certainly is new. This is an old behavior which is far more problematic at this time.

That’s the message the deep state CDC technocrats have been trying to get out there.

3.4% is exaggerated because that is from the people who tested + and who are in countries with inferior medicinal care and who already have underlying conditions. If you're healthy and not over 80 your recovery is ~99% guaranteed.

So what, even if true ( which, as you said, is a "hunch"), I also put the number of infected at 10 percent. Pretty optimistic if you ask me. Especially since it seems that you and the president are convinced it's just the flu As for it hitting only the elderly. That 3.4 is an average so that means that the mortality rate for the elderly is considerably higher. Do you have no family members who are elderly? I do. I wouldn't want them to catch it. Coronavirus Age, Sex, Demographics (COVID-19) - Worldometer

Every person who has it and simply continues its daily live risks spreading it to other people including the elderly. Are you arguing that simply because you might not be at risk you shouldn't be expected to take any responsibility for not spreading it?

Covid-19 most certainly is new. This is an old behavior which is far more problematic at this time.

That’s the message the deep state CDC technocrats have been trying to get out there.

It is but most people don't think they have it. You think every person with a common cold will now stay home? I do not. If you're healthy and don't have underlying conditions you'll be fine. Mono is deadlier than Covid-19 to healthy people. I agree people need to sanitize and be careful.

So what, even if true ( which, as you said, is a "hunch"), I also put the number of infected at 10 percent. Pretty optimistic if you ask me. Especially since it seems that you and the president are convinced it's just the flu As for it hitting only the elderly. That 3.4 is an average so that means that the mortality rate for the elderly is considerably higher. Do you have no family members who are elderly? I do. I wouldn't want them to catch it. Coronavirus Age, Sex, Demographics (COVID-19) - Worldometer

Every person who has it and simply continues its daily live risks spreading it to other people including the elderly. Are you arguing that simply because you might not be at risk you shouldn't be expected to take any responsibility for not spreading it?

Of course I do but I don't live with them. I am 39. So you're saying everyone with a cold should stay home? That is not going to happen unless the Gov't mandates it. Has the CDC stated that everyone with a common cold should stay home?

If you say that your "instinct of the mortality rate is not 3.3 as the WHO suggests but rather less than 1 percent than that is minimizing it is it not?"

YOU are defending the indefensible. Trump is a con man, a liar and not a epidemiologist. He pretends to be a know-it-all, and clearly he is well out his league on most issues.

YOU are defending the indefensible. Trump is a con man, a liar and not a epidemiologist. He pretends to be a know-it-all, and clearly he is well out his league on most issues.

In your opinion. Let me ask you this, am I allowed to have a disparate opinion.

If we are looking at statistics, it is probably a good idea that the coronavirus is only effecting chinese people, which is a smaller group.

IT’S OFFICIAL: Chinese Scientists Find Genetic Explanation For Coronavirus Discriminating By Race | Articles

In your opinion. Let me ask you this, am I allowed to have a disparate opinion.

Of course, as long as your opinions come with substance, thought and are thought provoking. Otherwise, such as defending trump, they need to come with all three of these elements.

PS: Something which is very hard to do.

Of course I do but I don't live with them. I am 39. So you're saying everyone with a cold should stay home? That is not going to happen unless the Gov't mandates it. Has the CDC stated that everyone with a common cold should stay home?
Not a cold but the flu most definitely wich is how Corona's initial symptoms are described. actually the CDC does recommend staying at home if you have the flu that is their job. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pdf/freeresources/updated/stay-home-from-work-poster.pdf

Forum List

Back