Trump is more popular than Dems want to admit

this with 90% negative coverage

I have been saying this for almost 2 years, "muh blue wave" ain't coming

repubs will gain seats in the Senate and hold the House, losing 8-14 seats

It’s time for the Democrats to stop bashing President Trump.

It’s not going to be easy, given his policies and personality. It might even mean checking into a 12-step program. But setting a winning agenda is like maneuvering an aircraft carrier. It takes time to change course. And if they want to be on target for the November midterm elections, the Democrats need to start changing course now.

Trumps popularity HELPS the blue wave . trumpers will vote in wacky screwballs in the Gop primaries. They will get their ass beat in the general elections .
And when he wins what lie will you tell?

It’s not going to be easy, given his policies and personality. It might even mean checking into a 12-step program. But setting a winning agenda is like maneuvering an aircraft carrier. It takes time to change course. And if they want to be on target for the November midterm elections, the Democrats need to start changing course now.

Trumps popularity HELPS the blue wave . trumpers will vote in wacky screwballs in the Gop primaries. They will get their ass beat in the general elections .

Win? He’ll have to fight off other GOP first .

Right now the midterms are the big thing . Prez election is way out.

The question was what lie will you tell when he wins?

What they are affectively saying is they can’t form a strategy based only on bashing Trump, and they are right.
she is also saying that people are starting to feel good about how things are going

dems need a message that is more substantial than being outraged by everything Trump does

The irony is things actually aren't improving a better rate - growth rate, unemployment rate - the same as it has been for a while, even less then it was under Obama - but people FEEL better about it.

It is too far forward to think about. What I hope though, is that the Dems field a better array of candidates.

What I hope though, is that the Dems field a better array of candidates.

You mean you want the Dems to nominate Republicans ? ---- good idea , I doubt any good candidates would go along with it though

People are hesitant to say they support Trump. That’s why he has low poll numbers
That's one factor of several - another to consider is that
Most of the top political polls that got the 2016 presidential race dead wrong are continuing to use a flawed methodology in rating President Trump's approval ratings that favors Democrats, women and younger voters, according to a new analysis.

The report shows that the mainstream polls oversample an average of 29 percent more Democrats than Republicans and the results skew anti-Trump. The result is that it robs Trump of about 8 points in his approval ratings, from 46 percent to 38 percent

So what's the silver lining?
And if they do, the nation will suffer...which will make your kind just giddy with happiness.

Why do you people crave hard times and bad times for all?

It is too far forward to think about. What I hope though, is that the Dems field a better array of candidates.

You could hope that, but I think it's the message more than the messenger.

What they are affectively saying is they can’t form a strategy based only on bashing Trump, and they are right.
she is also saying that people are starting to feel good about how things are going

dems need a message that is more substantial than being outraged by everything Trump does

The irony is things actually aren't improving a better rate - growth rate, unemployment rate - the same as it has been for a while, even less then it was under Obama - but people FEEL better about it.

Well yes, and people feeling better about it is a key factor.

Consumer confidence and corporate confidence are up. It feels good to wake up in the morning again. We hear and read positive things about the economy, and not part-time jobs or low paying jobs. Getting rid of more government and giving Americans more freedom. And while gasoline prices are not inviting, gas prices are an indicator of economic activity. Same holds true for the interest rate.

People are hesitant to say they support Trump. That’s why he has low poll numbers

I actually believe the same people that run the MSM are the same people doing the polls. Polls no longer reflect the populous, they are geared towards trying to convince people of what they want.

At least all the people in my circle (close friends and family to business acquaintances) are all pretty much pro-Trump. Not once have I gotten into a debate with anybody anti-Trump. I will admit however that when I bring up the subject, some kind of look at me to see what my position is first before they speak.

You mean you want the Dems to nominate Republicans ? ---- good idea , I doubt any good candidates would go along with it though

Don't be an idiot. Unless you are.

You already got rid of the centrist Republicans in your party.

Well yes, and people feeling better about it is a key factor.

Consumer confidence and corporate confidence are up. It feels good to wake up in the morning again. We hear and read positive things about the economy, and not part-time jobs or low paying jobs. Getting rid of more government and giving Americans more freedom. And while gasoline prices are not inviting, gas prices are an indicator of economic activity. Same holds true for the interest rate.

Again..the disconnect from reality. It was as good under Obama - same rate of growth. Trump is reaping it.

You could hope that, but I think it's the message more than the messenger.

That would not explain the energation in the base.

Don't be an idiot. Unless you are.

You already got rid of the centrist Republicans in your party.

The only way the Dems can field better candidates is to drop their failed strategy - purge the corrupt shadow party / deep state operatives and start catering to the demands and needs of the AMERICAN People ... ot Mexican, Guatemalan, Salvadorian, Moslem but AMERICAN ... which basically translates to Republicans

Forum List

Back