Trump is Slamming the Appreciation in Home Values

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
How on earth is this a bad thing? Why would anyone be unhappy about their house being worth more than when they first bought it? This sounds more like something Bernie Sanders would say.

Wut?

So that less and less people can afford a home?

You do realize that the reason the price has gone up so high is because the material to build them is harder to find and buy, right?

I suppose you are exited about the price hikes on everything else, like cars and such.

Well, I reckon you will be voting Kamala then.

How on earth is this a bad thing? Why would anyone be unhappy about their house being worth more than when they first bought it? This sounds more like something Bernie Sanders would say.

It's the perfect storm .. real estate prices are up .. and so are mortgage rates and the compounded outcomes of inflation, making it nearly impossible for new home buyers to purchase houses, as well as discouraging existing homeowners with record low interest rates from selling. Your home value means little until that value is realized.

Wut?

So that less and less people can afford a home?

You do realize that the reason the price has gone up so high is because the material to build them is harder to find and buy, right?

I suppose you are exited about the price hikes on everything else, like cars and such.

Well, I reckon you will be voting Kamala then.
There are plenty of places throughout this country where homes are affordable.

It's the perfect storm .. real estate prices are up .. and so are mortgage rates and the compounded outcomes of inflation, making it nearly impossible for new home buyers to purchase house

And yet, thousands of homes sell every single day, so it's not "nearly impossible" is it.

And yet, thousands of homes sell every single day, so it's not "nearly impossible" is it.
For first-time home buyers, it most certainly is not mentioned the value that has been realized in selling the house doesn't necessarily put the buyer in a better situation for buying a different house .. because owning a house is more expensive.

• Because a 39% inflation rate in just three years is unhealthy and unsustainable for any economy.
  • That 39% increase in "value" is really a 39% devaluation in the U.S. Dollar. While it might seems a good deal to the SELLER, the buying power of those dollars he gets have markedly dropped.
  • Because young people can't afford homes now, many people cannot, because that 39% inflation in the cost of homes has far outstripped the increases in their salaries.

Because they are way overinflated, like the stock market.
And so now a $200,000 home is worth $450,000 along with a 7% interest rate. That is supposed to make folks happy?

Our kids can't afford to buy a home.
Older folks have their home reassessed and can't afford the taxes.
Well, if they are in their 20's that's on them. Both my granddaughters and their fiancees bought houses this year, the one that is 22 just closed today. They saved their money and worked hard.

Even though I have no plans to sell my property, I appreciate the fact that the value has gone up since I bought it. Obviously I don't appreciate the corresponding rise in property taxes, but one has to take the good and the bad.

It is a tough time for people that sell homes because of higher interest rates.

These Detroit homes are available for a good price if you don't mind a fixer-upper!

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/eff16e362ab1c55fb18dd4faa6b341e433708ce3/c=0-219-4256-2613/local/-/media/DetroitNews/2014/11/07/blight-08.jpg?width=3200&height=1680&fit=crop

And this was once the Motor City, run into the ground by far leftist government incompetent anti-American politics.

Forum List

Back