Trump is the only guy who can get away with not releasing his tax returns

Trump said he would release his tax returns at a later date. Democrats made it up that he refused to release them at all.

Trump is only doing what Clinton and Reagan did.

You're delusional....or uninformed, or both. Clinton and Reagan both released their tax returns.

Tax History Project -- Presidential Tax Returns
Retard. From your link:

"Presidents release tax returns only for years they serve in office and only while they still hold that office. Consequently, Jimmy Carter did not release a return for 1980 nor did Ronald Reagan release one for 1988 — each left office before returns were due."

Trump said he would release his tax returns at a later date. Democrats made it up that he refused to release them at all.

You're delusional....or uninformed, or both. Clinton and Reagan both released their tax returns.

Retard. From your link:

"Presidents release tax returns only for years they serve in office and only while they still hold that office. Consequently, Jimmy Carter did not release a return for 1980 nor did Ronald Reagan release one for 1988 — each left office before returns were due."
Damn you are a dumbass. Reagan realeased his tax records in 1980. Jimmy Carter released his in 1975.

I really think that he's trying to hide something, because on the news, they said that although Richard Nixon was going through an audit, he still released his.

Trump is hiding something that he knows will tank his candidacy.

He won't release his college records.

That's minor compared to tax returns. Trump is hiding something major.
Apparently the IRS agrees. Why else would they audit him every year for 12 years. The IRS does not waste their time auditing someone unless they think they can make their efforts payoff.

Excellent point.

Drumpf has off-the-chart negatives. If there was favorable information in the documents…it seems like they would be in a hurry to get them out there.
The whole tax return thing is pretty dumb. Think about your own tax return. The only thing the IRS get's is the 1040, the schedules, and a few required forms which list dollars amounts for broad categories such health care deductions, dividends and interest, capital gains, etc. All the juicy stuff is contained in supporting documents that are not filed with the IRS. So Trump had a million dollars in tax free interest, a half million in charitable contributions, or a million dollar tax loss carry forward. What does that tell you? You're not going to see a hundred thousand dollar write off for call girls just a business expense write off.

You can learn a lot.

How much he paid himself as an executive (since he works for himself). Does he try some BS ploy of paying himself $1 per year???

How much tax did he pay as a % of his income. Is he paying more than me or less than me (as some put it--his fair share)

Investments. You'll have to report profit/loss

How many dependents has he claimed?

All sortsa goodies!!!!

But if what you say is true... all the more reason for him to release them, no?
I have never seen any surprises in tax returns released by candidates. Take a look at Obama's return. The stuff that people would be interested in are in the supporting documents that are not part of the return.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/image/2013_potus_tax_returns.pdf

Last edited:
Apparently the IRS agrees. Why else would they audit him every year for 12 years. The IRS does not waste their time auditing someone unless they think they can make their efforts payoff.

Excellent point.

Drumpf has off-the-chart negatives. If there was favorable information in the documents…it seems like they would be in a hurry to get them out there.
The whole tax return thing is pretty dumb. Think about your own tax return. The only thing the IRS get's is the 1040, the schedules, and a few required forms which list dollars amounts for broad categories such health care deductions, dividends and interest, capital gains, etc. All the juicy stuff is contained in supporting documents that are not filed with the IRS. So Trump had a million dollars in tax free interest, a half million in charitable contributions, or a million dollar tax loss carry forward. What does that tell you? You're not going to see a hundred thousand dollar write off for call girls just a business expense write off.

You can learn a lot.

How much he paid himself as an executive (since he works for himself). Does he try some BS ploy of paying himself $1 per year???

How much tax did he pay as a % of his income. Is he paying more than me or less than me (as some put it--his fair share)

All sortsa goodies!!!!

I have never seen any surprises in tax returns released by candidates. Take a look at Obama's return. The stuff that people would be interested in are in the supporting documents that are not part of the return.

Sounds easy...just release the tax returns and bore us.

Excellent point.

You can learn a lot.

All sortsa goodies!!!!

I doubt anyone that would vote for Trump would give a damn what is on his tax return.

Excellent point.

You can learn a lot.

All sortsa goodies!!!!

I doubt anyone that would vote for Trump would give a damn what is on his tax return.

I doubt any of Drumpf's supporters could figure out what part of a tax form is the top and which part is the bottom.

Serious men and women who may be thinking "why not" vote for Trump can view his tax returns, whatever is in there, and make a more informed decision.

If he pays himself $1 in a move to avoid income tax...we should be able to see that.
If he brands himself as some financial guru and loses money on his investments...we should be able to see that.
If he uses tax havens, we should be able to see that.

It's time honored disclosure measures that all Presidential hopefuls have underwent. If he doesn't wish to play ball, that is fine. It's an open question as to why. The lame excuse that the audit prevents it has been proven to be a dishonest excuse at best.

Again, if you're a serious woman or man considering voting for Drumpf, you will do well to appraise yourself of this, another dishonest response to a question that all persons seeking the office are asked. And one, by the way, that his competitors have answered.

Retard. From your link:

Damn you are a dumbass. Reagan realeased his tax records in 1980. Jimmy Carter released his in 1975.

You're the one that is retarded, moron. Maybe at the time Reagan was running for President it wasn't customary to release tax returns....but a precedent has been set and Trump not releasing his tax returns is not going to make it easy for him to win....only the dumbasses that support him will let him get away with it....the more intelligent people will know he is hiding something since we know he lies all the time.

Retard. From your link:

You're the one that is retarded, moron. Maybe at the time Reagan was running for President it wasn't customary to release tax returns....but a precedent has been set and Trump not releasing his tax returns is not going to make it easy for him to win....only the dumbasses that support him will let him get away with it....the more intelligent people will know he is hiding something since we know he lies all the time.
Now you're spinning it. First you made the claim Reagan released his tax returns prior to and your own link said otherwise so now it's the customary thing since?

Retard!

Excellent point.

You can learn a lot.

All sortsa goodies!!!!

People found Mitt Romney's 15% tax rate interesting.

trumppinocchioohanian_5.png
How Trump Gets Away With Lying and the Mainstream Media Colludes With Him

You can learn a lot.

All sortsa goodies!!!!

I doubt any of Drumpf's supporters could figure out what part of a tax form is the top and which part is the bottom.

Serious men and women who may be thinking "why not" vote for Trump can view his tax returns, whatever is in there, and make a more informed decision.

If he pays himself $1 in a move to avoid income tax...we should be able to see that.
If he brands himself as some financial guru and loses money on his investments...we should be able to see that.

It's time honored disclosure measures that all Presidential hopefuls have underwent. If he doesn't wish to play ball, that is fine. It's an open question as to why. The lame excuse that the audit prevents it has been proven to be a dishonest excuse at best.

Again, if you're a serious woman or man considering voting for Drumpf, you will do well to appraise yourself of this, another dishonest response to a question that all persons seeking the office are asked. And one, by the way, that his competitors have answered.
Don't get me wrong. I think Trump should release his tax return. However, I think it will make little or no difference to people that will vote for Trump. There are two basic reasons why people support him.
  • They are voting against Clinton.
  • They're authoritarians. They want a president who will kick ass, take the Arab oil fields, deport millions of illegals, bar Muslims from entering the country, break trade agreements with China and Mexico, etc... If Trump's tax return shows he's a tax doggier, acting unethically, or illegal, then that just makes him more desirable as president.

You can learn a lot.

All sortsa goodies!!!!

Don't get me wrong. I think Trump should release his tax return. However, I think it will make little or no difference to people that will vote for Trump. There are two basic reasons why people support him.
  • They're authoritarians. They want a president who will kick ass, take the Arab oil fields, deport millions of illegals, bar Muslims from entering the country, break trade agreements with China and Mexico, etc... If Trump's tax return shows he's a tax doggier, acting unethically, or illegal, then that just makes him more desirable as president.

CORRECT-A-MUNDO.

If there is one thing we have learned about Drumpf supporters is that they viciously and forcefully reject any information that doesn’t fit into their plans.

Retard. From your link:

Now you're spinning it. First you made the claim Reagan released his tax returns prior to and your own link said otherwise so now it's the customary thing since?

Retard!
Hey dumbass Reagan did release his tax records in 1980 prior to his presidency . Are you retarded or something?

Presidential candidates have long history of releasing tax returns

"In 1980, former President Ronald Reagan released one year of records. Former Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry released 20 years of tax returns when he ran against George W. Bush in 2004, however his independently wealthy wife Teresa Heinz Kerry only released a portion of her 2003 returns after mounting pressure.

Sen. John McCain released two years when he ran for office in 2008, but his wife Cindy, who files separately, released partial returns. President Barack Obama has released 12 years of tax returns."

You dems look so damn petty and whiny all rolled into one. he said why he couldn't release them (he's being Audited).... so go bitch to YOUR IRS about it you know that Guberment you all so love to run your life>

When it comes to releasing records and after Obungles the left's best bet is to just shut up
What records are you talking about? Birth certificate or Tax returns?

Lots of records, nearly all his records.

Did you see the thread about the most ignorant poster on USMB? You're in the lead. Well done Derp, well done You may win something in your miserable pathetic life after all :)

When it comes to releasing records and after Obungles the left's best bet is to just shut up
What records are you talking about? Birth certificate or Tax returns?

Lots of records, nearly all his records.

Did you see the thread about the most ignorant poster on USMB? You're in the lead. Well done Derp, well done You may win something in your miserable pathetic life after all :)

oh darn.

CORRECT-A-MUNDO.

If there is one thing we have learned about Drumpf supporters is that they viciously and forcefully reject any information that doesn’t fit into their plans.
And that is exactly why, I think the Clinton campaign has got to make changes. To make inroads into Trump support, you have to convince his supporters, that he will be weak and ineffective as president. That his bravado, arrogance, and egotism are all show and lack substance. Exposing him as a racist, bully, and political neophyte may work with undecided voters, but not Trump supporters because that's what like about him.

Forum List

Back