Trump issues new threatening challenge to the GOP

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/donald-trump-third-party-consequences-220317

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. —Donald Trump demanded that Republicans unify behind his campaign on Saturday night, arguing that conservatives who don’t back his campaign should fear the consequences of a third-party bid.

In another boisterous victory speech-press conference combo, Trump called on Sen. Marco Rubio to leave the race and suggested that he might not even bother to campaign if the “#NeverTrump” movement challenges him in the general election. Such a move, he warned, would guarantee Hillary Clinton a chance to replace the late conservative justice Antonin Scalia.

“If they run a third party or an independent party, if they do that, it will make it impossible for the Republican candidate, on the assumption it’s me, to win,” Trump said. “The Democrats would have an absolute free run. Probably you wouldn’t even campaign because it would be impossible to win.”
___________________________________________________________________________________

He is blackmailing the GOP. I guess he has a lot of experience in doing this. WOW!

Dump Trump, accept gladly the purging of bad elements from the GOP, and begin a new.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/donald-trump-third-party-consequences-220317

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. —Donald Trump demanded that Republicans unify behind his campaign on Saturday night, arguing that conservatives who don’t back his campaign should fear the consequences of a third-party bid.

In another boisterous victory speech-press conference combo, Trump called on Sen. Marco Rubio to leave the race and suggested that he might not even bother to campaign if the “#NeverTrump” movement challenges him in the general election. Such a move, he warned, would guarantee Hillary Clinton a chance to replace the late conservative justice Antonin Scalia.

“If they run a third party or an independent party, if they do that, it will make it impossible for the Republican candidate, on the assumption it’s me, to win,” Trump said. “The Democrats would have an absolute free run. Probably you wouldn’t even campaign because it would be impossible to win.”
___________________________________________________________________________________

He is blackmailing the GOP. I guess he has a lot of experience in doing this. WOW!
But he is right. If the establishment Rs, which I thought you hated, mount an independent candidacy, Trump's chances of winning the WH are negligible.

It is funny how you post non-stop anti-Trump and pro-establishment R threads...yet also claim to be a radical leftist who hates Rs.

Did you not predict that Little Jebbie would win the R nomination? Being wrong all the time seems to be your MO.

But he is right. If the establishment Rs, which I thought you hated, mount an independent candidacy, Trump's chances of winning the WH are negligible.

It is funny how you post non-stop anti-Trump and pro-establishment R threads...yet also claim to be a radical leftist who hates Rs.

Did you not predict that Little Jebbie would win the R nomination? Being wrong all the time seems to be your MO.
Just a Hillary operative, doing his best.

061b96b.jpg

Really? I claim to be a "radical leftist who hates Rs?" You just need to lay of the hallucinogens...

I respect the "true" Republican Party. That party looks nothing like the one that Trump is trying to promote. Many, many true conservatives that I know and respect are aghast over Donald and what he has brought to the GOP debates. He has turned the GOP debates into something between a verbal MMA and a Three Stooges reunion. Just Incredible!

Forum List

Back