Trump lauds Colonial Airports

We see today, on this forum in several threads, but worse on supposed "news" outlets a fine example of TDS... Trump Derangement Syndrome.
CNN, MSNBC, NYT the Washington Post and others... portraying this obvious teleprompt blunder as a "bizarre claim"... "mental lapse by the President".... really you dumbasses? Are you that pathetic in your hatred that you honestly believe he thinks there were airports in 1775?

I remember when Obama made a similar gaffe and claimed he would visit all 57 states in his campaign.
No one seriously made a claim that he honestly believed there are 57 states. Well...save a few idiots.
When in Honolulu, Obama, after a particularly long day, not to mention jet leg, mistakenly referred to Hawaii as being part of Asia... no one reported it as he actually thinks Hawaii is in Asia.
When making a speech on Memorial Day, paying tribute to fallen heroes... Obama accidently said "I can see them right here in this audience"... when he was meant to say "I see the surviving families in the audience.
One could go on for some time on his and other Presidents quite humorous misstatements.

But in today's hyper sensitive Trump outrage.... we are to believe these idiots that our President wasn't making a mistake. He thought jets were flying around in the revolutionary war.

You are all idiots.
What word do you think he misread? I think he was alluding to the bombing of Shayrat Airbase in 2017.

I think he took the word "port" and said "airport" by mistake.
Likely...it is hard to tell. But whatever he meant to say, it is clear in the video the teleprompter malfunctioned and he goofed it.
It happens.
Youtube must have 50,000 videos of officials at all levels saying something way out there by mistake.
But noooo.... CNN wants us to believe he really believes it.
That whole spiel about Fort McHenry is no "goof." He did believe that. Of course, it's not that unforgiveable to mix up those two wars, but still.....as President you'd think he might check his facts before going on national television.

What word do you think he misread? I think he was alluding to the bombing of Shayrat Airbase in 2017.

It stands to reason the word he misread was actually "ports" considering the significance of the naval operations in the Revolutionary War. Control of the ports provided a decisive military, strategic and logistical advantage. When the French fleet arrived, Washington coordinated our military operations with the French fleet to take and defend Newport, and later, Chesapeake Bay, which was of critical importance to our victory.

Also, because the British Royal Navy had a significant Naval superiority advantage over the Continental Navy, Congress helped our cause by issuing what's known as "letters of marque" to colonial privateers (civilians who privately owned boats that were armed, authorizing them to attack/capture enemy vessels), which resulted in over 2,000 British ships being captured and taken to ports that were not under British control, valued at over $60 million dollars.

These Naval operations, and the fight for control of the major colonial ports (which had been blockaded by the British Royal Navy relatively early), concluding with the French fleet taking control over Chesapeake Bay and providing naval support for the siege of Yorktown and the consequent surrender of General Cornwallis, were, in no uncertain terms, the major turning points of the war.

This Wikipedia article provides an overview of the Naval operations and their role in the outcome of the War, if you're interested:

Naval battles of the American Revolutionary War - Wikipedia
Of course, Osiris! I didn't think of that, but "ports" is exactly what he was trying to read.
Our area engaged in what is now termed the first Naval battle of the Revolution, in June 1775 in Machias, Maine--the Battle of the Margaretta.
Good theory, but our Army did not actually take over ports as a winning strategy.
For most of the war, The British took whatever ports they wanted.....Boston, NY, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Charleston

It was the French Navy that ultimately ended British control of our ports, not Washington’s Army
Rightwinger, I was just trying to understand where "airports" came from, not trying to convince anyone that the President's history is accurate.

It stands to reason the word he misread was actually "ports" considering the significance of the naval operations in the Revolutionary War. Control of the ports provided a decisive military, strategic and logistical advantage. When the French fleet arrived, Washington coordinated our military operations with the French fleet to take and defend Newport, and later, Chesapeake Bay, which was of critical importance to our victory.

Also, because the British Royal Navy had a significant Naval superiority advantage over the Continental Navy, Congress helped our cause by issuing what's known as "letters of marque" to colonial privateers (civilians who privately owned boats that were armed, authorizing them to attack/capture enemy vessels), which resulted in over 2,000 British ships being captured and taken to ports that were not under British control, valued at over $60 million dollars.

These Naval operations, and the fight for control of the major colonial ports (which had been blockaded by the British Royal Navy relatively early), concluding with the French fleet taking control over Chesapeake Bay and providing naval support for the siege of Yorktown and the consequent surrender of General Cornwallis, were, in no uncertain terms, the major turning points of the war.

This Wikipedia article provides an overview of the Naval operations and their role in the outcome of the War, if you're interested:

Of course, Osiris! I didn't think of that, but "ports" is exactly what he was trying to read.
Our area engaged in what is now termed the first Naval battle of the Revolution, in June 1775 in Machias, Maine--the Battle of the Margaretta.

In point of fact, the British Navy controlled ports up and down the coast of the then British Colonies.

Maine, as a state did not exist in 1775. It was part of the the Massachusetts Bay Colony.

The American Revolution, as an Armed Rebellion against Great Britain did not begin in earnest until after the Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776.

The British Navy was one of most powerful navies of its time. There was no U.S. Navy to fight the British Navy in 1775.

Next you going to tell us that Washington crossed the Delaware River in helicopter.

Good theory, but our Army did not actually take over ports as a winning strategy.
For most of the war, The British took whatever ports they wanted.....Boston, NY, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Charleston

It was the French Navy that ultimately ended British control of our ports, not Washington’s Army
Rightwinger, I was just trying to understand where "airports" came from, not trying to convince anyone that the President's history is accurate.

What your trying to do and failing at doing so is justify the lies 45 told. But because you find the lies easier to believe I am not surprised.

We see today, on this forum in several threads, but worse on supposed "news" outlets a fine example of TDS... Trump Derangement Syndrome.
CNN, MSNBC, NYT the Washington Post and others... portraying this obvious teleprompt blunder as a "bizarre claim"... "mental lapse by the President".... really you dumbasses? Are you that pathetic in your hatred that you honestly believe he thinks there were airports in 1775?

I remember when Obama made a similar gaffe and claimed he would visit all 57 states in his campaign.
No one seriously made a claim that he honestly believed there are 57 states. Well...save a few idiots.
When in Honolulu, Obama, after a particularly long day, not to mention jet leg, mistakenly referred to Hawaii as being part of Asia... no one reported it as he actually thinks Hawaii is in Asia.
When making a speech on Memorial Day, paying tribute to fallen heroes... Obama accidently said "I can see them right here in this audience"... when he was meant to say "I see the surviving families in the audience.
One could go on for some time on his and other Presidents quite humorous misstatements.

But in today's hyper sensitive Trump outrage.... we are to believe these idiots that our President wasn't making a mistake. He thought jets were flying around in the revolutionary war.

You are all idiots.

I think he took the word "port" and said "airport" by mistake.
Likely...it is hard to tell. But whatever he meant to say, it is clear in the video the teleprompter malfunctioned and he goofed it.
It happens.
Youtube must have 50,000 videos of officials at all levels saying something way out there by mistake.
But noooo.... CNN wants us to believe he really believes it.
That whole spiel about Fort McHenry is no "goof." He did believe that. Of course, it's not that unforgiveable to mix up those two wars, but still.....as President you'd think he might check his facts before going on national television.

WOW, now that is one helluva distortion of what that 5-Deferment Draft Dodging, Russian Loving Coward said.

The British Naval Bombardment of Ft. McHenry occurred in September 1814 (September 13-14 to be exact).

The Flag that flew over Ft. McHenry during that Bombardment can be seen at the Smithsonian Museum of History and Technology in Washington, D.C.

There were no Air Fields to capture in 1775. Mainly because there were NO! airplanes until the late 1800's - early 1900's. Use of air craft as attack/fighter/bombers did not start until the First World War.

A 7th. Grade U.S. History class tells you that.

45 lied out his teeth.

Do not attempt justify his lies. Call him out on lies.

Last edited:

In point of fact, the British Navy controlled ports up and down the coast of the then British Colonies.

Maine, as a state did not exist in 1775. It was part of the the Massachusetts Bay Colony.

The American Revolution, as an Armed Rebellion against Great Britain did not begin in earnest until after the Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776.

The British Navy was one of most powerful navies of its time. There was no U.S. Navy to fight the British Navy in 1775.

Next you going to tell us that Washington crossed the Delaware River in helicopter.
I'm not going to argue with you; it is history. I've read primary source documents about it. The Continental Army may not have had a "Navy," but they sure had ships engaging with the British.
If the New England Historical Society isn't factual enough for you, Google it.
The Battle of Margaretta, When Pitchforks Beat the British Navy - New England Historical Society

Leave to a brain dead Con to think telling the truth is funny. You need to fact check before posting. I told the truth, you on other lied with every word.

I'm not going to argue with you; it is history. I've read primary source documents about it. The Continental Army may not have had a "Navy," but they sure had ships engaging with the British.
The Battle of Margaretta, When Pitchforks Beat the British Navy - New England Historical Society

Except for the fact the Revolution did not begin until 1776. That there was no U.S. Navy to fight the British Navy you're fine. Try telling the truth, which I know for a lying , 45 loving Con is hard to do.

I read your link. 1775. The Siege of Boston Harbor. Massachusetts Bay Colony. Nope, no Maine at all. There was no Naval Battle, one needs a Navy to have such a battle and there was NO. U.S. NAVY AT THE TIME.

To review .

The British Navy Bombarded Ft. McHenry in 1814. There were no Air Fields in 1775. The U.S. Army could never have rammed the Ramparts.

Maine was NOT a colony in 1775.

No U.S. Navy in 1775.

Poor deluded Con...you really love to lied to.

What your trying to do and failing at doing so is justify the lies 45 told. But because you find the lies easier to believe I am not surprised.
"Lies" require the intent to deceive. I don't think that was Trump's intention. He's just a knucklehead.

As long as you're wetting your pants over it I'm good.

He's out there celebrating our country and you're whining about some word salad.

He was celebrating himself, the word salad adds some evidence that The Donald might be schizophrenic, when he speaks ad lib, he says some really odd things.
Wry, would you mind telling that bravo idiot that I'm not a "con?"

“Our Army manned the [unintelligible], it rammed the ramparts, it took over airports, it did everything it had to do and at Ft. McHenry under the rocket’s red glare had nothing but victory. When dawn came, the star-spangled banner waved defiant.”

The denial about Trump being such a moron cannot be healthy.

Trump praises the Army’s takeover of ‘the airports’ during the Revolutionary War
Fake news.
LOL

Your brain is fake.

He's out there celebrating our country and you're whining about some word salad.

He was celebrating himself, the word salad adds some evidence that The Donald might be schizophrenic, when he speaks ad lib, he says some really odd things.

Will do. I don't have clue why he would infer you are.

“Our Army manned the [unintelligible], it rammed the ramparts, it took over airports, it did everything it had to do and at Ft. McHenry under the rocket’s red glare had nothing but victory. When dawn came, the star-spangled banner waved defiant.”

The denial about Trump being such a moron cannot be healthy.

Trump praises the Army’s takeover of ‘the airports’ during the Revolutionary War

The only thing potentially funnier is the rationalizations that I’m sure followed

Except for the fact the Revolution did not begin until 1776. That there was no U.S. Navy to fight the British Navy you're fine. Try telling the truth, which I know for a lying , 45 loving Con is hard to do.

I read your link. 1775. The Siege of Boston Harbor. Massachusetts Bay Colony. Nope, no Maine at all. There was no Naval Battle, one needs a Navy to have such a battle and there was NO. U.S. NAVY AT THE TIME.
You're quite the know-it-all, aren't you, bravoactual? Here for the campaign are you? I don't recall seeing you around the past few years. But it's really great to have you with us to clear up all those facts you think you know.

I don't know what YOU call it when a group of combatants take over two enemy ships and set the crew adrift, kill the Captain and refit the ships to use fighting the enemy at sea for several years, but we call it a battle. Men were killed; the leadware carried to Machias by the Weston sisters actually arrived after the battle was over because they got lost (and it's only eight miles from Weston Hill to Machias, not sixteen, but knowing them, it may have been sixteen before they got there). I'm related to them—Hannah's sense of direction was abysmal, and that came from her own grandson, so it's no doubt true. She got lost in the trees in her own backyard once.

The town had to repel the British again two years later when they tried to enter the town and were defeated. Machias was not occupied by the British during the Revolutionary War. The War of 1812 was another story—but we don't talk about that much.

Now smarten up, smarty pants. I was just all agog to learn that we were part of Massachusetts back in 1775--it doesn't mean we didn't exist because we were called "Massachusetts?" LOL

Lexington and Concord and the Battle of the Margaretta both happened before the Declaration of Independence made it formal, perhaps, but there were a lot of colonists already pretty pissed at the British--especially after L & C, which they had heard about. The townspeople even erected a Liberty Pole in defiance (they were told not to by the soon to be dead British Captain Moore). He said he'd fire on the town if they didn't take it down and gave them a day to think about it. They attacked him and his crew while they sat in church instead, and perhaps in karmic retribution for such a nasty move, the attack was botched, the British saw the colonists coming with their pitchforks and muskets and they made it back to their ships in time to make this a battle on the water instead of on the land.

Last edited:

Will do. I don't have clue why he would infer you are.
Clearly, he's stupid.

Forum List

Back