Trump Lawyers Argue He Cannot Be Criminally Investigated

And what did Hillary hire that US firm to DO, Faun? Set up a smear campaign using foreign agents that they paid to create and then leak a series of dossiers? So is it your contention that because Hillary used a law firm as cover to hire Fusion GPS who then hired Richard Steele...that she's not responsible for the dossiers? Why do you think she hid what she was doing behind that law firm cut out? She didn't want anyone to figure out who paid for the dossiers until AFTER the election took place if it ever came out at all!

And once again...I've never claimed that what Hillary did was illegal...once again...it's the epitome of dirty politics done by some really sleazy people to trick the American people.

Trump asking a foreign nation to investigate possible corruption by a US politician isn't illegal! You on the left are trying to make it appear that way because Joe Biden is running for President but that's laughable! Biden doesn't get a get out of jail free card because he's running for office!
"And what did Hillary hire that US firm to DO, Faun?"

To look for dirt on Trump. There's nothing wrong with that as long as it's done legally.

"that she's not responsible for the dossiers?"

She's not responsible for hiring Steele. Fusion GPS did that.

"Why do you think she hid what she was doing behind that law firm cut out?"

She didn't hide anything. It was known that she hired Fusion GPS and that Fusion GPS hired Steele and that Steele went to the FBI.

"Trump asking a foreign nation to investigate possible corruption by a US politician isn't illegal!"

Of course it is. Campaign laws are very clear. It's illegal for Trump to solicit a foreign national to help with his campaign; which investigating a political rival does.

"Biden doesn't get a get out of jail free card because he's running for office!"

No one said he does. Only that Trump can't solicit a foreign national to hunt for dirt on Biden.

You're defining the asking of another country to investigate possible corruption as asking them to help with a campaign! In effect you're saying that no politician could ever call for an investigation of another politician or political party because that would "help" their own political future! Which is laughable because it's something that's been done by politicians of all persuasions for hundreds of years!
I'm defining nothing. The law defines it.

Giuliani associates arrested while trying to board international flight with one-way tickets, prosecutors say

Political contributors linked to Giuliani probe in Ukraine arrested on campaign finance violations

Where does the law say that it's illegal to ask another country to help investigate possible corruption by an American politician in said country? Show me that statute!
How many times do I have to post this...?

§30121 Contributions and donations by foreign nationals

(a) Prohibition

It shall be unlawful for-

(1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make-

(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;

(B) a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or

(C) an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or
(2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.

By the way...the statute you cite has nothing to do with Trump's actions but the person that it applies to is Hillary Clinton and her use of "pay for play" at the State Department to encourage foreign nationals to contribute to her non profit Foundation...monies that she could then use to pay part of the salaries of people she had working for her campaign!

To look for dirt on Trump. There's nothing wrong with that as long as it's done legally.

She didn't hide anything. It was known that she hired Fusion GPS and that Fusion GPS hired Steele and that Steele went to the FBI.

"Trump asking a foreign nation to investigate possible corruption by a US politician isn't illegal!"

Of course it is. Campaign laws are very clear. It's illegal for Trump to solicit a foreign national to help with his campaign; which investigating a political rival does.

"Biden doesn't get a get out of jail free card because he's running for office!"

No one said he does. Only that Trump can't solicit a foreign national to hunt for dirt on Biden.

You're defining the asking of another country to investigate possible corruption as asking them to help with a campaign! In effect you're saying that no politician could ever call for an investigation of another politician or political party because that would "help" their own political future! Which is laughable because it's something that's been done by politicians of all persuasions for hundreds of years!

Giuliani associates arrested while trying to board international flight with one-way tickets, prosecutors say

Political contributors linked to Giuliani probe in Ukraine arrested on campaign finance violations

Where does the law say that it's illegal to ask another country to help investigate possible corruption by an American politician in said country? Show me that statute!

(a) Prohibition

(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;

(C) an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or
(2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.

What does any of THAT have to do with a President of the United States asking another nation to look into allegations that a US Vice President was abusing the power of his office?
LOLOL

Lying con tool -- Trump is campaigning to be president next year. So is Job Biden. Zelensky is a foreign national. Soliciting a foreign national to look for dirt on a political rival is against the law.

(a) Prohibition

By the way...the statute you cite has nothing to do with Trump's actions but the person that it applies to is Hillary Clinton and her use of "pay for play" at the State Department to encourage foreign nationals to contribute to her non profit Foundation...monies that she could then use to pay part of the salaries of people she had working for her campaign!
Feel free to prove any of that.

Your boy is about to get impeached. The congress and senate is not the peanut gallery. Bone up on the constitution son.
There will be no impeachment. The president did nothing wrong with Ukraine.
LOLOL

The two guys on the left have already been indicted on related charges....

WKWJHUMLTFD2ZLWVYUEYMADSJ4.jpg

.... and the deep state is just warming up.

Lying con tool -- Trump is campaigning to be president next year. So is Job Biden. Zelensky is a foreign national. Soliciting a foreign national to look for dirt on a political rival is against the law.
No it's not. And if you think it is, you need to convince Mitch McConnell. Good luck with that.

(a) Prohibition

What does any of THAT have to do with a President of the United States asking another nation to look into allegations that a US Vice President was abusing the power of his office?
LOLOL

So if it's illegal to investigate someone running for President...then why was the Mueller investigation allowed to go on for almost two years? Why was it legal for Barack Obama to investigate Donald Trump's Russian ties when Trump was running for office against Obama's Party?

(a) Prohibition

Feel free to explain why contributions to the Clinton Foundation from foreign nationals became almost non existent as soon as Hillary lost, Faun! If those people really WERE interested in "charity" and not in buying political favor...then why would they have STOPPED contributions to the Clinton Foundation? Duh?

Just how naïve are you?

No it's not. And if you think it is, you need to convince Mitch McConnell. Good luck with that.
LOL

The law says it is and indicted these two idiots for it.

WKWJHUMLTFD2ZLWVYUEYMADSJ4.jpg

:dance:

(a) Prohibition

LOLOL

So if it's illegal to investigate someone running for President...then why was the Mueller investigation allowed to go on for almost two years? Why was it legal for Barack Obama to investigate Donald Trump's Russian ties when Trump was running for office against Obama's Party?
Who said it's illegal to investigate someone running for president, lying con tool?

I showed you the law. The law doesn't say it's illegal to investigate someone running for president -- it says it's illegal to solicit help from a foreign national to provide a thing of value to one's campaign.

As far as Obama, what foreign national did he solicit to investigate Trump?

(a) Prohibition

Feel free to explain why contributions to the Clinton Foundation from foreign nationals became almost non existent as soon as Hillary lost, Faun! If those people really WERE interested in "charity" and not in buying political favor...then why would they have STOPPED contributions to the Clinton Foundation? Duh?

Just how naïve are you?
I don't have to explain anything you can't prove, ya lyin' con tool.

Either you prove your claims or you're lying. And being the lying con tool you are, I already have a good indication where this is heading.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

(a) Prohibition

LOLOL

Who said it's illegal to investigate someone running for president, lying con tool?

I showed you the law. The law doesn't say it's illegal to investigate someone running for president -- it says it's illegal to solicit help from a foreign national to provide a thing of value to one's campaign.

Are you not aware that the Obama Administration was looking into alleged Trump "collusion" with Russia and seeking help from foreign nationals to do so? You claim Trump is in violation of the statute you cited because he sought something of value from a foreign national. I'm simply pointing out that Mueller, Obama and Clinton were also in violation of that statute if you interpret it the way you have!

(a) Prohibition

LOLOL

Are you not aware that the Obama Administration was looking into alleged Trump "collusion" with Russia and seeking help from foreign nationals to do so? You claim Trump is in violation of the statute you cited because he sought something of value from a foreign national. I'm simply pointing out that Mueller, Obama and Clinton were also in violation of that statute if you interpret it the way you have!
Great, what foreign nationals did Obama, Mueller or Clinton solicit for help and when? And for whose campaign?

• Thanks

(a) Prohibition

Just how naïve are you?

Either you prove your claims or you're lying. And being the lying con tool you are, I already have a good indication where this is heading.

Ah...so you have no explanation why contributions from foreign nationals to the Clinton Foundation basically ceased once she lost the nomination and was no longer Secretary of State either? It's obvious what was going both at the State Department when Clinton was running things and at her campaign when she was running for President but you refuse to even look at that...don't you, Faun!

(a) Prohibition

Just how naïve are you?

Ah...so you have no explanation why contributions from foreign nationals to the Clinton Foundation basically ceased once she lost the nomination and was no longer Secretary of State either? It's obvious what was going both at the State Department when Clinton was running things and at her campaign when she was running for President but you refuse to even look at that...don't you, Faun!
Sure I have an explanation -- you're a lying con tool with nothing but empty speculation. They've been investigated. There might even still be an investigation ongoing? Let me know when you find something more concrete than your lying con tool imagination.

• Thanks
LOLOL

Great, what foreign nationals did Obama, Mueller or Clinton solicit for help and when? And for whose campaign?

Do you really not know that Obama spied on Trump on the basis of the Steele dossiers...a foreign national? Or that Clinton paid for those dossiers? Or that Mueller's investigators spent the better part of two years trying desperately to find some example of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia? Where do you think they were conducting that investigation...Topeka, Kansas!

Just how naïve are you?

Sure I have an explanation -- you're a lying con tool with nothing but empty speculation. They've been investigated. There might even still be an investigation ongoing? Let me know when you find something more concrete than your lying con tool imagination.

Ah...so it's my "imagination" that millions of dollars in contributions from foreign nationals were pouring into the Clinton Foundation while she was Secretary of State and also while she was the Democratic nominee...and that those contributions abruptly stopped as soon as she lost the race? You're amusing, Faun!

LOLOL

Do you really not know that Obama spied on Trump on the basis of the Steele dossiers...a foreign national? Or that Clinton paid for those dossiers? Or that Mueller's investigators spent the better part of two years trying desperately to find some example of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia? Where do you think they were conducting that investigation...Topeka, Kansas!
You have to show Obama "solicited" that. And you can't because he didn't. You lose again because you're a lying con tool.

And Hillary solicited an American-based firm. So no, nothing there.

And Mueller's investigation had nothing to do with soliciting anything for anyone's campaign.

You really suck at this.

Forum List

Back