Trump loses Utah... In the general

Poll: Utah would vote for a Democrat for president over Trump

If Trump is the nominee, he loses Utah in the general. Explain to me how he wins a general election if he can't even win one of the most conservative states in the nation?

I highly doubt this is the only one with the huge negatives he has been getting in the west
Trump is a centrist, like most of the voters.
Of course he is a progressive centrist, who the voters give a 27% trust factor to. The centrists don't like him even worse than they don't like HRC.

The Dems hammer everyone in New York every Presidential election...........It is solid blue and thus can be dismissed other than the Primaries.

Maybe.

But if Trump is making inroads amongst blue collar and independents, you'd think he'd be making similar inroads in his home state.

Thus far, he doesn't appear to be.

I wouldn't bet on Democrats winning Utah, and this may be a bad poll, but it's the second poll in recent days showing Trump's weakness in traditional Republican states. A recent poll had him tied with Hillary in Arizona.

The Dems hammer everyone in New York every Presidential election...........It is solid blue and thus can be dismissed other than the Primaries.

Maybe.

But if Trump is making inroads amongst blue collar and independents, you'd think he'd be making similar inroads in his home state.

I wouldn't bet on Democrats winning Utah, and this may be a bad poll, but it's the second poll in recent days showing Trump's weakness in traditional Republican states. A recent poll had him tied with Hillary in Arizona.
Traditional Fly Over states aren't gonna vote for Hillary......

It also puts some traditional Democrats in play. I want Cruz, not Trump, but we should still look at the whole picture, not just one side

Which ones?

Are there any polls to support this? I've heard it, but I haven't seen any polls to support it.

For example, Clinton is hammering Trump in New York.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - New York: Trump vs. Clinton

The math changes in every State. To assume that all breaks for the Democrats is preposterous. Particularly if Hillary gets indicted. Trump also changes finances. Trump would run way better than other Republicans for example in New York. I doubt he wins there, but he could make Hillary spend there to defend it and he's not limited in spending like she is

It also puts some traditional Democrats in play. I want Cruz, not Trump, but we should still look at the whole picture, not just one side

Which ones?

Are there any polls to support this? I've heard it, but I haven't seen any polls to support it.

The math changes in every State. To assume that all breaks for the Democrats is preposterous. Particularly if Hillary gets indicted. Trump also changes finances. Trump would run way better than other Republicans for example in New York. I doubt he wins there, but he could make Hillary spend there to defend it and he's not limited in spending like she is
The Clinton Machine has very deep pockets.................

Maybe.

Those polls are heavily misleading though in that the Democrat nominee is known and Democrats are starting to coalesce around her while the Republican nominee isn't and supporters of particular candidates tend to say must more frequently they won't support the other

Red states turn swing states when Trump runs
heh.png

Cap taught us what to do when Hitler-lites spring up

Which ones?

The bluest area, The City, has elected Republican governors and Trump is a New York guy. As I said I think Democrats would ultimately prevail, but they can't just chalk it up, they're going to have to defend it

Which ones?

The bluest area, The City, has elected Republican governors and Trump is a New York guy. As I said I think Democrats would ultimately prevail, but they can't just chalk it up, they're going to have to defend it
Hope so............hope it bleeds her funds there

If Hillary is indicted, that's a game-changer.

But thus far, Clinton is leading Trump by 25% in New York, which isn't much better than other past Republican candidates.

And the math doesn't change in every state. Most states aren't going to switch.

The reason why the Republican establishment is shitting themselves over Trump is because they think Trump could lead the GOP to a Goldwater-type disaster and consign the national party to the same state as the Republican party in California. They see polls like this one and in Arizona.

Which ones?

The Clinton Machine has very deep pockets.................

Yes, but they are limited by election laws since Hillary is taking taxpayer money

Those polls are heavily misleading though in that the Democrat nominee is known and Democrats are starting to coalesce around her while the Republican nominee isn't and supporters of particular candidates tend to say must more frequently they won't support the other

Trump has for many months consistently polled worse versus both Clinton and Sanders compared to the other Republican candidates.

It's one thing for voters to say something to pollsters. It's quite another when part of the party says they will never support their own candidate.

#NeverTrump

If Hillary is indicted, that's a game-changer.

But thus far, Clinton is leading Trump by 25% in New York, which isn't much better than other past Republican candidates.

And the math doesn't change in every state. Most states aren't going to switch.

The reason why the Republican establishment is shitting themselves over Trump is because they think Trump could lead the GOP to a Goldwater-type disaster and consign the national party to the same state as the Republican party in California. They see polls like this one and in Arizona.

I don't think the Democrat party agrees with you. Four years ago, Romney was beloved by the left. He was the only "moderate." They were going to have to figure out how to run against such a reasonable Republican and weren't even sure what they were going to be able to say to criticize him. Then of course once he was the nominee, he was to the right of attila the hun, a complete lunatic. They wanted Romney, they weren't afraid of him.

Trump, clearly not ...

Trump has for many months consistently polled worse versus both Clinton and Sanders compared to the other Republican candidates.

It's one thing for voters to say something to pollsters. It's quite another when part of the party says they will never support their own candidate.

#NeverTrump

It doesn't mean anything until the candidates are set and the parties are running against each other rather than still fighting over who their candidate will be

I don't think the Democrat party agrees with you. Four years ago, Romney was beloved by the left. He was the only "moderate."

He was?

Where did you get that?

I was here four years ago. I don't recall the left loving Romney. I remember them saying all sorts of nasty things about Romney being a bully, tying his dog on his roof, and saying he was a parasite for being a private equity guy, amongst other things.

This shit cracks me up.

I've been following politics since Gerald Ford was POTUS. Polls have been predicting various things every single election. In the end they are usually not much better than a guess. Yet, every single election people quote them and base their hopes and their arguments on them. Never changes.

For the most part, the polls have been pretty accurate measuring Trump's support. I believe that in all the primaries thus far, Trump is winning the percentage of the vote within the margin of error in the Real Clear Politics polls.

Sure but I have also been correct in all of my predictions for the GOP race. They aren't doing better than a guess.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

-Joseph Goebbels

This shit cracks me up.

I've been following politics since Gerald Ford was POTUS. Polls have been predicting various things every single election. In the end they are usually not much better than a guess. Yet, every single election people quote them and base their hopes and their arguments on them. Never changes.

For the most part, the polls have been pretty accurate measuring Trump's support. I believe that in all the primaries thus far, Trump is winning the percentage of the vote within the margin of error in the Real Clear Politics polls.

Sure but I have also been correct in all of my predictions for the GOP race. They aren't doing better than a guess.

Or maybe the polls are pretty accurate and you are really good at guessing.

Forum List

Back