Trump.. Politically Elusive

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
So, what is this guy, Democrat .. Republican .. Conservative or just all over the place American?

I'd think he's like a majority of Americans - not a hardcore partisan, doesn't obediently follow along with either party line.

The problem is, he's running for the GOP nomination.

The fascinating thing is, many hardcore GOP partisans are supporting him, evidently because he's willing to say anything. If he were not the way he is, those same people would certainly be calling him a RINO.

Amazing to watch.

He is a rare presidential candidate that doesn't necessarily measure his words as a politician, so like a man who has never run for or held political office before. The best description I've heard is that he is saying the things Americans have been shouting at their TV sets for years.

The fascinating thing is, many hardcore GOP partisans are supporting him, evidently because he's willing to say anything. If he were not the way he is, those same people would certainly be calling him a RINO.

The real problem is that the GOP is confused. After years and years of using racism, homophobia, misogyny and xenophobia to get working clas whites to vote against their own economic interests, they've discovered a guy who trades in the dog whistle for a bull horn gets more attention.

Part of that is when you hold a bible in one hand and a copy of "Atlas Shrugged" in the other, and don't understand that they are totally conflicting messages.

My guess is that the GOP will finally figure out that Ted Cruz is a comprimise between the establishment and the rank and file, right before Hillary kicks his ass.

The real problem is that the GOP is confused. After years and years of using racism, homophobia, misogyny and xenophobia to get working clas whites to vote against their own economic interests, they've discovered a guy who trades in the dog whistle for a bull horn gets more attention.

Part of that is when you hold a bible in one hand and a copy of "Atlas Shrugged" in the other, and don't understand that they are totally conflicting messages.

My guess is that the GOP will finally figure out that Ted Cruz is a comprimise between the establishment and the rank and file, right before Hillary kicks his ass.

Tell me genius, how exactly is voting to keep out every foreigner that wants to come in and take jobs, increasing competition for jobs and thus lowering wages, etc. "voting against their own economic interests?"

Are you just stupid, or is it that you just were never required to take an economic course to graduate from High School?

Maybe you never understood the link between labor supply and amount paid in wages?

Perhaps you have never actually read Atlas Shrugged and the Bible? Perhaps you are just a sucker for partisan propaganda?

2 Thessalonians 3English Standard Version (ESV)

Pray for Us

3 Finally, brothers,[a] pray for us, that the word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honored,[b] as happened among you, 2 and that we may be delivered from wicked and evil men. For not all have faith. 3 But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.[c] 4 And we have confidence in the Lord about you, that you are doing and will do the things that we command. 5 May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ.

Warning Against Idleness

6 Now we command you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is walking in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us. 7 For you yourselves know how you ought to imitate us, because we were not idle when we were with you, 8 nor did we eat anyone's bread without paying for it, but with toil and labor we worked night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you. 9 It was not because we do not have that right, but to give you in ourselves an example to imitate. 10 For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat. 11 For we hear that some among you walk in idleness, not busy at work, but busybodies. 12 Now such persons we command and encourage in the Lord Jesus Christ to do their work quietly and to earn their own living.[d]

13 As for you, brothers, do not grow weary in doing good. 14 If anyone does not obey what we say in this letter, take note of that person, and have nothing to do with him, that he may be ashamed. 15 Do not regard him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother.

The Parable of the Ten Minas

11 As they heard these things, he proceeded to tell a parable, because he was near to Jerusalem, and because they supposed that the kingdom of God was to appear immediately. 12 He said therefore, “A nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and then return. 13 Calling ten of his servants,[a] he gave them ten minas,[b] and said to them, ‘Engage in business until I come.’ 14 But his citizens hated him and sent a delegation after him, saying, ‘We do not want this man to reign over us.’ 15 When he returned, having received the kingdom, he ordered these servants to whom he had given the money to be called to him, that he might know what they had gained by doing business. 16 The first came before him, saying, ‘Lord, your mina has made ten minas more.’ 17 And he said to him, ‘Well done, good servant![c] Because you have been faithful in a very little, you shall have authority over ten cities.’ 18 And the second came, saying, ‘Lord, your mina has made five minas.’ 19 And he said to him, ‘And you are to be over five cities.’ 20 Then another came, saying, ‘Lord, here is your mina, which I kept laid away in a handkerchief; 21 for I was afraid of you, because you are a severe man. You take what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow.’ 22 He said to him, ‘I will condemn you with your own words, you wicked servant! You knew that I was a severe man, taking what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow? 23 Why then did you not put my money in the bank, and at my coming I might have collected it with interest?’ 24 And he said to those who stood by, ‘Take the mina from him, and give it to the one who has the ten minas.’ 25 And they said to him, ‘Lord, he has ten minas!’ 26 ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 27 But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

Americans have nothing against the Samaritan, they just don't want them flooding into their own nation, changing it's own character, making it difficult for their own children to scratch out a living.

I've been telling you folks what exactly he is, he's an author. Get it through your head, this is a pre-publication book tour. For all the money he's spending for the campaign, he'll get every cent back in spades from a book publisher. Careful putting you faith in this guy, you're pawns just as were the investors sold down the river while he took the money and ran prior to his companies' bankruptcies.

I often find myself wishing he was more articulate, had a better way with words. But, on the other hand, it is his seemingly unrehearsed candour, and even courage (shouldn't be necessary, but it is) that is so refreshing. We are so used to measured words and pc nonsense, that Trumps words can come across as quite jarring, as though they need to be softened round the edges, but in reality, that would probably be a disaster. I wish him well.

I often find myself wishing he was more articulate, had a better way with words. But, on the other hand, it is his seemingly unrehearsed candour, and even courage (shouldn't be necessary but it is) that is so refreshing. We are so used to measured words and pc nonsense, that Trumps words can come across as quite jarring, as though they need to be softened round the edges, but in reality, that would probably be a disaster. I wish him well.
His staff is very small. What you see is what you get. Its all him!

Last edited:
His staff is so small. His campaign is basically 'all him'
I often find myself wishing he was more articulate, had a better way with words. But, on the other hand, it is his seemingly unrehearsed candour, and even courage (shouldn't be necessary but it is) that is so refreshing. We are so used to measured words and pc nonsense, that Trumps words can come across as quite jarring, as though they need to be softened round the edges, but in reality, that would probably be a disaster. I wish him well.
His staff is very small. What you see is what you get. Its all him!
It certainly seems as though he doesn't have an army of speech writers and conveys what HE wants to say, how he wants to say it. I like that. Such a nice change from the polished, overworked stuff we get from everyone else. They all begin to sound the same. Can't say that about the Donald :)

I've been telling you folks what exactly he is, he's an author. Get it through your head, this is a pre-publication book tour. For all the money he's spending for the campaign, he'll get every cent back in spades from a book publisher. Careful putting you faith in this guy, you're pawns just as were the investors sold down the river while he took the money and ran prior to his companies' bankruptcies.
Do you have any idea what Trump has spent on his campaign so far? Not much, and why should he? The media won't leave him alone.

The Beast, on the other hand, has spent 5 times as much and all the media she gets is for her emails and her husband's shenanigans.

... if there is any ass kicking it will be Hitlery's big fat ass that gets kicked between the goal posts.

Really? How does that work? Because I have yet to hear one person say to me, "I totally voted for Obama in 2012, but I can't wait to vote for (Trump, Cruz, Rubio)". Quite the contrary, what I hear so far is that you guys aren't enthusiastic about any of your choices so far.

Obama beat Romney by Six Million votes. You need to get three million Obama Voters to change their minds, without losing any of your own voters.

Tell me genius, how exactly is voting to keep out every foreigner that wants to come in and take jobs, increasing competition for jobs and thus lowering wages, etc. "voting against their own economic interests?"

Mostly because those politicians you end up voting for after they tell you how much they hate Queers and Mexicans just like Jesus did, are the ones who not only are lax in their immigration enforcement, but sign bad trade treaties that make it easy to move jobs to China and Mexico.

But you dumbasses don't realize that "forefinger ' is really in the same boat you are. A working guy trying to get by while the 1% fucks him.

Perhaps you have never actually read Atlas Shrugged and the Bible? Perhaps you are just a sucker for partisan propaganda?

Sure I have.

The message of the Bible is "Love they neighbor, do onto others, don't desire wealth."

The message of Atlas Shrugged is 'I got mine, fuck you, greed is good."

The Nasty old hag who wrote it ended up collecting social security and medicare at the end of her life because her book sales weren't enough to treat her lung cancer.

Forum List

Back