Trump PRAISES General Lee at OHIO Campaign Rally = WTF?

Trump: 'Robert E. Lee was a great general'

POTUS Trump went on an extended rant praising Civil War era Confederate General Robert E. Lee during a campaign rally before an Ohio audience.

"So Robert E. Lee was a great general. And Abraham Lincoln developed a phobia. He couldn’t beat Robert E. Lee."

"He was going crazy. I don’t know if you know this story. But Robert E. Lee was winning battle after battle after battle. And Abraham Lincoln came home, he said, 'I can’t beat Robert E. Lee,' " Trump said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems odd that Trump chose an Ohio audience to be the recipient of such a strange rant, considering that many prominent Union Army members came from Ohio, General Grant being likely the most notable.

I don't believe Ohioans know shit about Civil War history but it sure seems surreal for any POTUS to be heaping praise on General Lee in old Union Army territory. And this is going on in 2018. WTF?

WTF is Trump doing; Quaaludes, Mary Jane, both, more?
I'm surprised he didn't tout Russia's preparation for Hitler's invasion.

Lincoln stated he had no intent to end slavery EXCEPT he did just that.

The US Constitution mentioned nothing of secession; that was ultimately determined at Appomattox.

Lincoln was a tyrant that crapped on The US Constitution more than any other POTUS & he got what he deserved.

By the way Lincoln didnt end slavery. The 13th amendment, which *every* southern state voted for, ended slavery after Lincoln was in his grave.
We only voted fer that to get back in.

The US Constitution mentioned nothing of secession; that was ultimately determined at Appomattox.

Lincoln was a tyrant that crapped on The US Constitution more than any other POTUS & he got what he deserved.

By the way Lincoln didnt end slavery. The 13th amendment, which *every* southern state voted for, ended slavery after Lincoln was in his grave.
Next Trump will call Adolph a great leader

His odd speaking style has been repeatedly discussed, and being annoyed by it is certainly understandable.

BUT if that is preventing you from seeing that what he said, was, A fine, and B, historically accurate,

then that was on you.

Now that that has been explained to you, if you are still pretending to not understand, you are just being a dick.
No...he spoke as though his audience had no idea who Grant or Lee was
His comments were very simplistic and he spoke as though he was being profound.

Our President is not the sharpest crayon in the box

I respect that you find his speaking style annoying.

But that is all you've got.

Trying to pretend anything else is going on here, is just you libs reaching, and quite pathetically.

Hes gone from claiming that Trump was "praising Lee' to whining that Trump didnt speak well. Is that progress?

Trump WAS praising General Lee & Trump was also butchering the segue; typical idiot.
Well its funny how the things I personally feel would redeem Robert E. Lee are things most of the neo-confederates ignore or try to revise....like how he wouldn't be a fan of this cult of neo-confederates opining about how the South should have won, etc etc etc

CUunQUp.jpg

BTW, a statue to or the honor of Confederate valor is not an attack on the United States. it is the South where you find patriotism at its greatest.
And that isnt what this is about. This is about barbarians attacking history and culture. Ignorant barbarians who have become vandals. They know nothing of history. And they should all be hanged.

In their zest to destroy this is what ignorant, savage Democrats did to a statue of Joan of Arc in New Orleans which was a gift of the French people. Its been cleaned...and re vandalized again several times.
Animals. Should animals vote or be allowed to run loose in the streets? These are the people who almost put Hillary in office.

joanvandal4 (1).png

Next Trump will call Adolph a great leader

yeah I can see it now.
Trump: "Hitlers armies were crawling over Europe...conquering left and right. Then came Roosevelt to defeat him"

Washington Post "trump praises Hitlers war genius!"

POTUS Trump went on an extended rant praising Civil War era Confederate General Robert E. Lee during a campaign rally before an Ohio audience.

"So Robert E. Lee was a great general. And Abraham Lincoln developed a phobia. He couldn’t beat Robert E. Lee."

"He was going crazy. I don’t know if you know this story. But Robert E. Lee was winning battle after battle after battle. And Abraham Lincoln came home, he said, 'I can’t beat Robert E. Lee,' " Trump said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems odd that Trump chose an Ohio audience to be the recipient of such a strange rant, considering that many prominent Union Army members came from Ohio, General Grant being likely the most notable.

I don't believe Ohioans know shit about Civil War history but it sure seems surreal for any POTUS to be heaping praise on General Lee in old Union Army territory. And this is going on in 2018. WTF?

You do know that Lee's strategies are still studied by military officers around the world and that he was the first person Lincoln asked to command Union troops ?

If our POTUS actually knew how to communicate effectively, and could actually utilize the English language correctly, none of the confusion would have ensued.
I said it before more than once & I will say it again: Trump either has some really shitty speech writers, or he just spews crap to see where it sticks; maybe both.
His perception of the Civil War sounds like it came from a third grade textbook
Gotta love the shifting goal posts here. First it was “Trump praises general lee even though he’s at a Ohio rally where General Grant is from, can you believe it!? Trump just loves those racist generals. What an insult to Ohio.”

Now it’s “the way he talked about the civil war is confusing, or it’s too simplified.” It’s a rally where he is telling a quick story, he’s not giving an entire dissertation on the Civil War, it’s a fucking rally. Everyone at the rally or who heard the speech in context completely understood, pretty much all the people the left deems as stupid deplorables. The only ones who didn’t “understand” are the ass hats who got the story secondhand from blantantly dishonest sources.

Trump WAS praising General Lee & Trump was also butchering the segue; typical idiot.
Hahaha he wasn’t praising Lee on his politics, he was “praising” (really just describing the situation historically accurate) his ability as a general. Are you really gonna try to say that Lee was not a good general? He was telling an underdog story, with General grant as the underdog hero. A guy who everyone told Lincoln not to go with because he was a drunk, he was this, he was that. And Grant went up against an undefeated army and stopped them dead in their tracks. How exactly is trump supposed to describe Lee in your opinion. That he was terrible as a general and ate more ass than a bear...that’s a pretty shitty underdog story, and it’s not accurate.

So tell us, how are we supposed to describe General Lee if we’re not allowed to talk about how good he was as a general.

You see; that's the whole thing. IF Trump had a brain he NEVER WOULD HAVE MENTIONED Lee, period.

I'm glad you FINALLY got it.

You're welcome.
Jesus talk about denial...this was you’re best attempt at trying to salvage the fact you got duped? We’re not allowed to talk about Robert E Lee anymore...because I say so. Nice.

Well if that was your point this entire time...then why did you post this in your OP?

“Seems odd that Trump chose an Ohio audience to be the recipient of such a strange rant, considering that many prominent Union Army members came from Ohio, General Grant being likely the most notable.”

Trying to pretend anything else is going on here, is just you libs reaching, and quite pathetically.
No, that is all he’s got

Trump pontificating on the Civil War shows how little he actually knows. Anyone who watched Ken Burns The Civil War would have a vastly greater understanding than our President

Trump seemed to be regurgitating what he learned in the 4th grade about the Civil War and never bothered to learn anything else

LMAO Trump went to a military academy you dunce. I'm sure, just like West Point, they spend a lot of time on the civil war. Tactics, leaders, wins and losses.

If you think he doesn't know the civil war you are an idiot.
I guess Trump is not much of an academic sponge.

For all you know the man knows everything about everything.

Don't need to be a sponge to read and remember.

You could fit his civil war knowledge on a post card
/——/ another baseless accusation

No...he spoke as though his audience had no idea who Grant or Lee was
His comments were very simplistic and he spoke as though he was being profound.

Our President is not the sharpest crayon in the box

Hes gone from claiming that Trump was "praising Lee' to whining that Trump didnt speak well. Is that progress?

Well its funny how the things I personally feel would redeem Robert E. Lee are things most of the neo-confederates ignore or try to revise....like how he wouldn't be a fan of this cult of neo-confederates opining about how the South should have won, etc etc etc

CUunQUp.jpg

BTW, a statue to or the honor of Confederate valor is not an attack on the United States. it is the South where you find patriotism at its greatest.
And that isnt what this is about. This is about barbarians attacking history and culture. Ignorant barbarians who have become vandals. They know nothing of history. And they should all be hanged.

In their zest to destroy this is what ignorant, savage Democrats did to a statue of Joan of Arc in New Orleans which was a gift of the French people. Its been cleaned...and re vandalized again several times.
Animals. Should animals vote or be allowed to run loose in the streets? These are the people who almost put Hillary in office.

View attachment 222817
I dunno, could be Anglos that hate French speakers...perhaps the ones that wear bedsheets at night.

Lee deserves no less praise than Abraham Lincoln. They were both equally racist.

Lee deserves no less praise than Abraham Lincoln. They were both equally racist.
Lincoln freed the slaves
Lee fought to keep them in bondage

Lee lost the Civil War for the South.

Nuff said.
Lee was a great general. He kicked the filthy Yankee's asses until he ran out of supplies.

Once again Trump gets it right.

He lost the war. He sent in a lot of young conscripts to their deaths in useless charges. All he had to do was keep his army together long enough to get foreign support. Nope, he wanted the glory of the battlefield to seal his fate.

So be it.

Looser. All statues devoted to him should be melted down and sold for scrap.

Nuff said.
Lee was a great general. He kicked the filthy Yankee's asses until he ran out of supplies.

He lost the war. He sent in a lot of young conscripts to their deaths in useless charges. All he had to do was keep his army together long enough to get foreign support. Nope, he wanted the glory of the battlefield to seal his fate.

So be it.

Lee also negotiated a deal to let them all go home instead of being tried as traders.

Not a bad deal if you ask me.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

First Lee was a very good general
Second, that's not at all the point of the conversation
and third, did you see NBC's retraction?

They lied to you.........Trump was correct again. Grant WAS a WINNER!

Nuff said.

So be it.

Lee also negotiated a deal to let them all go home instead of being tried as traders.

Not a bad deal if you ask me.

I think it was good for the country that the Rebels lost. I'm just saying that his strategy lost the war. He was no Washington.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

First Lee was a very good general
Second, that's not at all the point of the conversation
and third, did you see NBC's retraction?

They lied to you.........Trump was correct again. Grant WAS a WINNER!

Yeah right, Lee's victory at Gettysburg set the stage for a triumphant South in breaking the North's will and to make them give up all hopes of victory.

Lincoln freed the slaves
Lee fought to keep them in bondage
Can you believe there are Republican stooges that believe Lincoln was racist? Now an obvious racist like Dump they ignore

Forum List

Back