Trump Press Conference

:disbelief:What? Being delusional can be cured, but it isn't easy.

Delusional disorder is considered difficult to treat. Antipsychotic drugs, antidepressants and mood-stabilising medications are frequently used to treat this mental illness and there is growing interest in psychological therapies such as psychotherapy and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) as a means of treatment.

My wife is a Psychologist, tell me what city is the closest and I'll see if she can give you a referral. :biggrin:

Your wife, the psychologist prescribes medication? How illegal.

Actually some states do allow Psychologist to prescribe medications. However, I didn't state that my wife does prescribe medications, which she doesn't. I just (tongue in cheek), suggested she could refer Here We Go, to someone who could help him/her with their issues with delusion.
Now, should we discuss reading comprehension? :confused-84:
No. I have a hockey game to watch. Go Wild!

Trump is really taking it on the chin since the presser, major disaster bigly

Not sure how to break this to you, but presidents often talk at presidential press conferences.

There is no law that a president has to answer a question, at all.

When the president speaks, as a reporter, you are suppose to be quiet.

Presidents don't often lie, lie and then lie again at press conferences. This one did. I've never seen a President cut a reporter off in mid-question either. The lack of good manners or even the decency to LISTEN to the questions was completely lacking.

Yes, when Trump speaks, the reporters are expected to be quiet, and Trump used this to bully reporters. It was a performance which was bizarre - pointless, with no narrative, just Trump lying and deflecting.

Yes.....and obama didn't lie at the press conference where he repeatedly told everyone if they like their doctor they can keep their doctor......:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
But they could. I got to keep my doctor. The policy had to meet minimum requirements, that was the only stipulation. Don't you want minimum requirements.

Now Trump in just today's press conference:

Trump said 9th circuit overturned 80% of the time. Lie.

he got the most Electoral college votes since Reagan. Lie

Administration inherited a mess. Unemployment is 4.7%. Stock market grew 8,000 points. Lie.

Trump said he had the most electoral votes since Reagan. lie

Trump said Intel is creating 10,000 jobs in Arizona. lie

Trump said Hillary Clinton gave 20% of our uranium to Russia. lie

Trump said he is bringing back millions of jobs from overseas. lie

His Administration is running like a finely tuned machine. lie

He inherited a mess from Obama. Compared to what Bush left Obama. lie

Like I said, that was just a single press conference.

Anyone who watched trumps performance without bias would have concluded he is not presidential. I pointed out what I saw, and how I remembered President Kennedy. The Contrast is obvious, and those who watched him today, and believe he was not an embarrassment, is dishonest or deluded.

"those who watched him today......is dishonest?" I'm sorry, but seeing this so close to a post where you call out saveliberty for his grammar strikes me as funny. ;)

How does one find these types of statements acceptable from the leader of the free world.

Before responding, please note there is video of each statement.

The 8 Craziest Moments Of Trump’s Impromptu Press Conference
In other words, he took control of the press conference and made all the points he wanted to make and this has upset you.
Like a 3 year old takes control of the grocery shopping experience when they really really want candy.

How does one find these types of statements acceptable from the leader of the free world.

Before responding, please note there is video of each statement.

The 8 Craziest Moments Of Trump’s Impromptu Press Conference
In other words, he took control of the press conference and made all the points he wanted to make and this has upset you.
Like a 3 year old takes control of the grocery shopping experience when they really really want candy.

Good analogy. If mom buys the candy, the little monster (hopefully) stays quiet. If mom doesn't buy the candy, the kid throws a fit and embarasses the mom.

If the press or anyone else praises Trump, the orange monster is fairly happy and quiet. Say something that he doesn't like and he throws a hissy fit.

My favorite Trumpery was his lie about having the highest electoral margin of victory since St Ronnie. Even when confronted with the truth, he would not admit HE was wrong. First he blamed his sources, then he claimed HE saw it, like he saw thousands and thousands of Muslims in Jersey City celebrating on 9/11. What this tells us is that Trump admits he is too STUPID to know when he is given bad information, making him nothing more than a GOSSIP spreading lies he hears from people who can't be trusted.

Now the DittoTards on this board will agree with his lie that it was "a very, very big margin" and his lie that it was "a substantial victory" even though of the 58 elections Tramp's EC victory ranks 46th. Only 12 presidents did worse than Tramp!

Trump gets called out on Electoral College lie during press conference
Trump actually racked up 304 votes instead of the 306 he keeps touting because of two faithless electors, but that’s beside the point. The fact of the matter is that Trump’s electoral win is smaller than both of Barack Obama’s wins, both of Bill Clinton’s wins, and George H.W. Bush’s 426 vote landslide in 1988.

NBC News correspondent Peter Alexander called out the president on the blatant and easily verifiable lie during the Q & A. “You said today you have the biggest electoral margin since Ronald Reagan,” Alexander said, before listing the aforementioned vote tallies. “So why should Americans trust you when you accuse the information they’ve received as being fake?”

“I was given that information,” said Trump. “I don’t know. I was just given it. We had a very, very big margin.”

When pressed, Trump backpedaled further. “I’ve seen that information around, It was a substantial victory,” Trump said, “you do agree with that?”
Yeah, but look what he does to the lefties when he says those things, they go nuts....all that text just to say "liar" and nobody cares.
Honest people care, and since you don't care....
cop out, but I'll indulge you.
I take on dishonest people all the time...

We already covered these lies:

Trump said 9th circuit overturned 80% of the time. Lie.

he got the most Electoral college votes since Reagan. Lie

Administration inherited a mess. Unemployment is 4.7%. Stock market grew 8,000 points. Lie.

Trump said he had the most electoral votes since Reagan. lie

Trump said Intel is creating 10,000 jobs in Arizona. lie

Trump said Hillary Clinton gave 20% of our uranium to Russia. lie

Trump said he is bringing back millions of jobs from overseas. lie

His Administration is running like a finely tuned machine. lie

He inherited a mess from Obama. Compared to what Bush left Obama. lie

But I forgot the biggest one:

“Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia,” Trump’s son, Donald Jr., said at a real estate conference in 2008, according to a trade publication, eTurboNews.

Trump bashes news media, defends start of administration

"This administration is running like a fine-tuned machine," Trump declared. He said he would announce a "new and very comprehensive order to protect our people."

Is it going to be "very comprehensive" or "very, very comprehensive", Mr. President? Your sycophants are dying to know!

#PresidentSnowflake.
Recent polls show most Amerricans agree with the President on the the media.

Yes, lie and lie and then lie again and people will have trouble discerning truth from the lies. The problem is there is now so much media, many people can tell real sources from fake sources, as we see on this forum every single day. Anybody can put a website calling it the "World's Most Trusted News Source" without it being any of that.

Most of what passes for "news", is opinion based on questionable "facts".
According to a Gallup poll only 32% of Americans trust the media to tell the truth. That's why Trump is wise to speak directly to the people instead of allowing what he says to be filtered through the untrustworthy media.

But what do you do when Trump is untrustworthy. His presser was full of lies, which he was called on more than once, and which he semi-acknowledged. Lies about the EC, lies about Clinton selling uranium to Russia, lies about knowing his staff was contacting members of Russian intelligence (he was briefed - it was in one of the "true leaks"), lies about how long it was taking to confirm his cabinet (no, it isn't the longest ever, but it will be if you don't get your appointments named soon), and other easily provable lies.
Since the media can't be trusted, how do you know he lied?

Isn't it funny how you suddenly believe in polls.

Ok, show us those polls.
Isn't it funny how you have these fantasies about me? I have shown these polls several times. Google them yourself if you are really interested, a Gallup poll and an Emerson College poll.
If you've shown these polls several times....good...just let me know what threads and post #s so I can go look them up.........if they really exist, that is.
You would have googled them by now if you really had any interest in the issue, so stop making a fool of yourself.
So...there are no such polls. Quelle surprise. This lying thing is a RW mainstay these days.
In other words you want to argue but you have no interest in the issue you want to argue about.

I thought his answer to the reporter who asked him about if he was going to meet with the CBC (Congressional Black Caucus), and he then asked her if they were friends of hers, and then told her that he'd love to meet with the CBC, and that the reporter should set up the meeting.

Doesn't he know what parts of Congress are? And does he also know that the meetings with the CBC are set up by actual members of the CBC, not some reporter?

So you admit it was a stupid question, as neither the reporter, nor president can set the meeting up. The CBC has to call.

No, it wasn't a stupid question. She just asked if he would meet with the CBC, a question that all incoming presidents have been asked. And, the interesting thing is, if Trump had simply said "yes, I'll set up a meeting", he had the potential to meet with them before even Obama did when he first took office, and he could have also gained a lot of political capital from it, but he pissed all over the chance.

Do you really think that Congressman John Lewis will talk to President Trump.

Trump bashes news media, defends start of administration

"This administration is running like a fine-tuned machine," Trump declared. He said he would announce a "new and very comprehensive order to protect our people."

Is it going to be "very comprehensive" or "very, very comprehensive", Mr. President? Your sycophants are dying to know!

#PresidentSnowflake.

Yes, lie and lie and then lie again and people will have trouble discerning truth from the lies. The problem is there is now so much media, many people can tell real sources from fake sources, as we see on this forum every single day. Anybody can put a website calling it the "World's Most Trusted News Source" without it being any of that.

According to a Gallup poll only 32% of Americans trust the media to tell the truth. That's why Trump is wise to speak directly to the people instead of allowing what he says to be filtered through the untrustworthy media.

But what do you do when Trump is untrustworthy. His presser was full of lies, which he was called on more than once, and which he semi-acknowledged. Lies about the EC, lies about Clinton selling uranium to Russia, lies about knowing his staff was contacting members of Russian intelligence (he was briefed - it was in one of the "true leaks"), lies about how long it was taking to confirm his cabinet (no, it isn't the longest ever, but it will be if you don't get your appointments named soon), and other easily provable lies.
You can only go so far slandering the media.

The left won't listen to or respond to the meat of this amazing conference. Instead they are going to race around saying he's mentally ill.

I've dealt with mentally ill, and this guy is cold stone calm and sane.

The spooks who work for the blm, the epa, the press, the fbi, are crapping their pants and going underground, which is FABULOUS..that's exactly where they belong.

And they will be fired shortly.

Everything is going just as it should, and exactly as he said it would.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/_landings/contract/O-TRU-102316-Contractv02.pdf

Has it occurred to you, that you may be mentally ill?

Trump embarrassed D's, R's, libertarians, liberals, conservatives, in fact all Americans no matter what their political bent. He rambled, talked over reporters, was sarcastic, defensive and not in control. Compare to:

Trump is unfit, unprepared and unhinged. He is the Un-president.

Well at least he's not crazy enough to blame Hillary's loss on Russian hackers.

Obama tells Trump to 'stop whining' over rigged election claims

Just his popular vote loss on 3-5 million illegal votes.

Where's that major investigation on that, btw?

Not what I said, reading comprehension dude..........it doesn't matter one way or the other if the reporter is friends with members of the CBC, it's not the reporter's job to set up meetings between the president and members of the CBC.

It doesn't feel right that you equate the CBC's possible negative attitude to friends with your own. Is it not possible that those good people might welcome a friend's offering to bring parties together to mutual benefit? Jeez, are they/you that negative all the time?
Does the well oiled White House machine not have a person assigned to liaison with the US Congress and it's members? There is no one in the WH that knows how to pick up a phone and call a leader in the Congressional Black Caucus? The well oiled WH machine needs a random reporter to make arrangements for the President to meet with some black congressmen and women?

I bet Congress person Maxine Waters is anxious to talk to President Trump, don't you?

You can only go so far slandering the media.
Exposing the media, not slandering it.

Not what I said, reading comprehension dude..........it doesn't matter one way or the other if the reporter is friends with members of the CBC, it's not the reporter's job to set up meetings between the president and members of the CBC.

It doesn't feel right that you equate the CBC's possible negative attitude to friends with your own. Is it not possible that those good people might welcome a friend's offering to bring parties together to mutual benefit? Jeez, are they/you that negative all the time?
Does the well oiled White House machine not have a person assigned to liaison with the US Congress and it's members? There is no one in the WH that knows how to pick up a phone and call a leader in the Congressional Black Caucus? The well oiled WH machine needs a random reporter to make arrangements for the President to meet with some black congressmen and women?
Why would President Trump want to talk to the CBC, an organization that campaigned viciously against him? He will want to talk to some of the black members of Congress as individuals but not to the CBC, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Democratic Party. Without needing anything from the CBC, President Trump will work to improve educational opportunities and employment opportunities for the people in inner cities and then if the black Congress people want to jump on his bandwagon, he will welcome them.

Forum List

Back