Trump saId Mexico will pay for the wall, why is he threatening to

Where did I say the clause didn't exist? It just doesn't apply to Trumps situation. Only pathetic little losers would think it does.

Doesn't apply to trump's situation?
Ha ha ha ha. He hasn't divested from his business interests which is exactly what the emolument clause deals with. You're just too stupid to deal with this late at night..

No it doesn't, stop listening to stupid people. He's not required to divest himself of anything. The president and VP are even exempt form conflict of interest laws. I think you need to find a lower IQ board where you might fair better.

I just proved he does. I use attribution. You pull shit straight from your ass.

What attribution would that be, your own stink'n think'n?

The one you didn't read..
Two days after inauguration, his administration announced that Trump would not release the returns even if an audit were complete. Trump has somewhat gleefully asserted that the conflict-of-interest rules don’t apply to the president. He mixed together personal business and official diplomacy during several meetings and conversations with foreign officials during the transition. And despite his widespread private holdings in commercial real estate, condominiums, hotels, and golf courses here and around the world, he has refused to follow the lead of his predecessors by selling his assets and placing the proceeds in a blind trust. Instead, he has transferred management, but not ownership, of the Trump Organization. He retains his ownership in full. And he has assigned operational responsibility not to an independent arm’s-length trustee, but to his sons, Eric and Donald Jr.

Nothing illegal there, and you're only considering his modern predecessors, many presidents have maintained their businesses while in office. No modern president ever held the hard assets he has.

The cost of protecting Trump is so high, because Trump lied about where he would be, and what he would do.

It's like agreeing to pay your kids car expenses, because he said he would only be driving 50 miles a week back and forth to school. And then he goes wild, driving hundreds of miles every weekend.

Poor snowflake, do you need a tissue. Things change from when you're a candidate and get in the office, who would have thunk.

Trump lied about everything, and now the taxpayers are paying dearly for it.

The cost of protecting Trump is so high, because Trump lied about where he would be, and what he would do.

It's like agreeing to pay your kids car expenses, because he said he would only be driving 50 miles a week back and forth to school. And then he goes wild, driving hundreds of miles every weekend.

Poor snowflake, do you need a tissue. Things change from when you're a candidate and get in the office, who would have thunk.

Trump lied about everything, and now the taxpayers are paying dearly for it.

We always pay dearly for our bloated government. You got something new?

\
Name the Article, Section and Clause and explain how he's violating it.

The Emoluments Clause: Its text, meaning, and application to Donald J. Trump

Trump’s Conflict-of-Interest Problem

The Title of Nobility Clause is a provision in Article I, Section 9, Clause 8 of the United States Constitution,[1] that prohibits the federal government from granting titles of nobility, and restricts members of the government from receiving gifts, emoluments, offices or titles from foreign states without the consent of the United States Congress. Also known as the Emoluments Clause, it was designed to shield the republican character of the United States against so-called "corrupting foreign influences".

Damn, I just tried to reply to unreasonable's post and it just disappeared.

\
Name the Article, Section and Clause and explain how he's violating it.

The Emoluments Clause: Its text, meaning, and application to Donald J. Trump

Trump’s Conflict-of-Interest Problem

The Title of Nobility Clause is a provision in Article I, Section 9, Clause 8 of the United States Constitution,[1] that prohibits the federal government from granting titles of nobility, and restricts members of the government from receiving gifts, emoluments, offices or titles from foreign states without the consent of the United States Congress. Also known as the Emoluments Clause, it was designed to shield the republican character of the United States against so-called "corrupting foreign influences".

And I can provide other constitutional scholars that disagree. Like I said earlier, selling consumer goods and services at market rates, does not an emolument make. Show me where a president can't own a business.

Show me where a president can't own a business.

He can own a business, but that business cant make money from foreigners. Buy american and hire american and he's o.k.
But Trump is taking money from foreigners. Which is a no no.

shut the gov down. He got hired on having Mexico paying for the wall , which most US citizens do not want , even Pubs, so no Mexico payment, NO WALL. I do not want my tax money to pay for a stupid wall.

They are paying for it by losing manufacturing jobs, and they are being forced to take care of their own people instead of being allowed to offload them onto the US economy and welfare system.

Thanks for playing.

He can own a business, but that business cant make money from foreigners. Buy american and hire american and he's o.k.

Really? How many books do you think your dear leader sold overseas? He made millions off his book sales while in office.

Really? How many books do you think your dear leader sold overseas? He made millions off his book sales while in office.

Can't defend TRump so he shoots right over to obama. Typical lame ass move.

Why did you delete your other post? I don't have to defend Trump because he hasn't done anything wrong. But I provided an example of a president making money off foreigners while in office, your comrade said that wasn't allowed. By selling his books your dear leader was no more in violation of the emoluments clause than Trump is.

Why did you delete your other post? I don't have to defend Trump because he hasn't done anything wrong. But I provided an example of a president making money off foreigners while in office, your comrade said that wasn't allowed. By selling his books your dear leader was no more in violation of the emoluments clause than Trump is.

There are dozens of lawsuits against Trump on this issue. His ethics advisor resigned in disgust.
None of these things happened under Obama. Apples and oranges.

shut the gov down. He got hired on having Mexico paying for the wall , which most US citizens do not want , even Pubs, so no Mexico payment, NO WALL. I do not want my tax money to pay for a stupid wall.

They are paying for it by losing manufacturing jobs, and they are being forced to take care of their own people instead of being allowed to offload them onto the US economy and welfare system.

Thanks for playing.

That is not what he meant. He meant it literally, not figuratively. Thanks for playing.

First off, I'm pretty sure Trump can't just go to capital hill and send everyone home. America wants a secure border where cops are nod shot with guns the FBI sold them. No good reason not to do it.

How can he know what the total bill is unless it's built? He got to know how much to collect, boy you're not very smart are ya?

I guess he needs to talk with the Mexican President about that and let him threaten to shut down the Mexico Gov.

First off, I'm pretty sure Trump can't just go to capital hill and send everyone home. America wants a secure border where cops are nod shot with guns the FBI sold them. No good reason not to do it.

Its going to be a see through wall so when they throw 60#'s of drugs over the fence the cops will not get hit in the head. :cuckoo: or maybe have solar panels on it. It will have a huge door. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back