Trump Says He Won't Sell His Businesses To Address Conflicts Of Interest

should Trump Divest himself from his business before he is sworn in as POTUS.

• Yep, even the appearance of impropriety should be avoided.

• Nope, his kids can run it and nobody should think anything of it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

BuckToothMoron

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2016

I have to call it like I see it, and this is a bad thing. He should divest himself from his business entirely. He is opening himself up to justified criticism. Hellary did this shit with her foundation by taking donations from foreign entities while SOS. She was a filthy dirty snatch for doing it, and The Orange Clown is doing the same shit. A horrible way to step into the Oval Office.

I don't think one should have to put their entire life up for auction for the Presidency.
He isn't going to run it and has even drew up papers for this. IMO, that is enough.

I have to call it like I see it, and this is a bad thing. He should divest himself from his business entirely. He is opening himself up to justified criticism. Hellary did this shit with her foundation by taking donations from foreign entities while SOS. She was a filthy dirty snatch for doing it, and The Orange Clown is doing the same shit. A horrible way to step into the Oval Office.

Why should he destroy that which he has worked a half century to create? Silly.

Let the kids run it. If evidence arises that he remains involved, then perhaps there is a case. But not before.

Well RaTz, please state the LAW that The President would be breaking if he doesn't sell his holdings? Slight problem there, heh RaTz? There isn't one. Just more of you commie RaTz trying to tell everyone what to do.

The Clinton's were forced to say they would completely divest themselves from their CHARITY, if she became President....that both Bill and Chelsea would get out of it too....

Why are you Trumpsters not forcing the same, with Trump?

HOW can he not have a conflict of interest with his business that his kids would run? When YOU KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT that Trump would be following his own business and know the deals his children were making with Foreign Nations, to put up their Trump towers...

Trump should have thought about this BEFORE he chose to run for President....unless he never really planned to win and this was simply a publicity stunt to enrich himself and family?

The Clinton's were forced to say they would completely divest themselves from their CHARITY, if she became President....that both Bill and Chelsea would get out of it too....

HOW can he not have a conflict of interest with his business that his kids would run? When YOU KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT that Trump would be following his own business and know the deals his children were making with Foreign Nations, to put up their Trump towers...

Trump should have thought about this BEFORE he chose to run for President....unless he never really planned to win and this was simply a publicity stunt to enrich himself and family?
Link?
All I remember is her saying they would quit taking foreign and corporate donations.

If he does something....

ANYTHING....

To enrich himself you know the democrooks will go after him like a pack of rabid wolves.

He's still not hitlary, so I'll wait and see how it goes.

His kids are more than capable of running his businesses and no way should he have to sell what he's taken a lifetime to earn.

No one should have to sell their life just to be POTUS.

Last edited:
His kids are more than capable of running his businesses and no way should he have to sell what he's taken a lifetime to produce.

No one should have to sell their life just to be POTUS.

He should choose your path, hope he does.

So they were "forced to say"? Gun point? How were they forced? I think she chose to divest herself as a way to get votes and support. I don't recall Trump making promises like that and still got elected.

Can we say EMOLUMENT?

Read and understand Article I, § 9, Clause 8 of the US Constitution! Even receiving a 10¢ EMOLUMENT from a foreign government is an impeachable offence Constitutionally, and "receiving" has a very broad definition.

So they were "forced to say"? Gun point? How were they forced? I think she chose to divest herself as a way to get votes and support. I don't recall Trump making promises like that and still got elected.

If I remember correctly Hillary was asked to do that when she became SOS.

Forum List

Back