Trump Says He Won't Sell His Businesses To Address Conflicts Of Interest

should Trump Divest himself from his business before he is sworn in as POTUS.

• Yep, even the appearance of impropriety should be avoided.

• Nope, his kids can run it and nobody should think anything of it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

I have to call it like I see it, and this is a bad thing. He should divest himself from his business entirely. He is opening himself up to justified criticism. Hellary did this shit with her foundation by taking donations from foreign entities while SOS. She was a filthy dirty snatch for doing it, and The Orange Clown is doing the same shit. A horrible way to step into the Oval Office.
So you're assuming Trump will act like Hillary.

I'm not and willing to see how things unfold, especially knowing Trump knows the lefty idiots will be poised to jump all over him if he gives them the opportunity, something I think he's too smart to do.

Awww how bad can it get?

How Donald Trump's business ties are already jeopardizing U.S. interests

In a telephone call that same day with Erdogan, Trump passed on compliments to the Turkish president from a senior official with his company’s business partner on the Istanbul project, whom the president-elect was reported to have called “a close friend.” The official, Mehmet Ali Yalcindag, is the son-in-law of Dogan Holding owner Aydin Dogan and was instrumental in the development of the Trump complex in Turkey. That Trump delivered messages from his business partner to Erdogan has been reported in numerous media outlets in Turkey, including some closely tied to the government, and has not been denied by Turkish officials or the Trump transition team.

According to the Middle Eastern financier with contacts in the Erdogan administration, Trump’s casual praise of a member of the Dogan family prompted Erdogan to believe this relationship might give him leverage over the president-elect. In the past, Erdogan has placed enormous pressure on the Dogan Group, which owns media operations that have been critical of him, by imposing a $2.5 billion tax fine and calling for supporters to boycott its newspapers and television stations. Then, just weeks after hearing Trump’s kind words about his Dogan business partner, Erdogan lashed out at the Turkish company again.

On December 1, authorities detained Barbaros Muratogl, a 28-year veteran of Dogan who was the company’s representative to Ankara. His alleged crime? Maintaining links to the movement led by Gülen, thus connecting the Dogan executive to the attempted coup. In response, Dogan shares fell 8.6 percent. (The purported evidence against Muratogl: public accusations from an editor at a newspaper owned by a company that competes with Dogan.)

Once again, follow the dominoes as they tip over. Erdogan is frustrated in his efforts to grab Gülen; Trump praises a Turkish executive who works with his business partner there, Dogan. A few weeks later, a senior Dogan executive is detained on threadbare allegations. If Erdogan’s government puts more pressure on the company that’s paying millions of dollars to Trump and his children, revenue flowing from the tower complex in Istanbul could be cut off. That means Erdogan has leverage with Trump, who will soon have the power to get Gülen extradited. The financier with contacts in the Turkish government explained the dynamic to Newsweek: “Erdogan has something he believes Trump wants, and Trump has someone Erdogan desperately wants.”

Nonsense. No other president has been asked to do such a thing. Of course, he's one of the first ones in recent memory that actually has WORKED outside of politics.

But I'm pretty sure Jefferson and Washington didn't sell the farms when they served as president.

I have to call it like I see it, and this is a bad thing. He should divest himself from his business entirely. He is opening himself up to justified criticism. Hellary did this shit with her foundation by taking donations from foreign entities while SOS. She was a filthy dirty snatch for doing it, and The Orange Clown is doing the same shit. A horrible way to step into the Oval Office.

Good on you for being consistent. Unfortunately Trumpster lemmings just don't give a sht as your poll clearly shows.

Trump will not divest himself from his business and will not release his tax returns despite many false promises and they will just close their eyes on that and everything else.

He should let Stephen Ross and Related run the business while he's distracted by the President thingy

Good on you for being consistent. Unfortunately Trumpster lemmings just don't give a sht as your poll clearly shows.

Trump will not divest himself from his business and will not release his tax returns despite many false promises and they will just close their eyes on that and everything else.
Well, we don't give a shit about YOU, or other anti-American pigs who still seem to think they matter, if that's what you mean. We have very different ideas of what matters, haven't you figured that out yet?

No, of course you haven't.

Nonsense. No other president has been asked to do such a thing. Of course, he's one of the first ones in recent memory that actually has WORKED outside of politics.

But I'm pretty sure Jefferson and Washington didn't sell the farms when they served as president.

Did they own farms in other countries? I believe they were against the kind of corruption Trump has been involved in, and that they would have considered DJT a man worthy of challenging to a duel, for the way he runs his mouth regarding the families and reputations of others.

How dare you or anyone compare a vulgar and disgusting figure like DJT to our founding fathers

Did obummer give up his book sales?

Did Trump promise to divest himself from his business?
Did Trump promise to turnover his tax returns?
What are the false promises of which you speak?

Did they own farms in other countries? I believe they were against the kind of corruption Trump has been involved in, and that they would have considered DJT a man worthy of challenging to a duel, for the way he runs his mouth regarding the families and reputations of others.

How dare you or anyone compare a vulgar and disgusting figure like DJT to our founding fathers

What corruption is Trump involved in?

Exactly!
You all don't think that previous Presidents didn't go back to their plantations to oversee operations and manage them?
It's the original concept of America, of polititians running their businesses and being politicians part time so that they could experiance what impact their bills had on the businesses.
The Arizona legislature still meets annually.
Arizona State Legislature - Wikipedia

Exactly!
You all don't think that previous Presidents didn't go back to their plantations to oversee operations and manage them?
It's the original concept of America, of polititians running their businesses and being politicians part time so that they could experiance what impact their bills had on the businesses.

How many oversea's investments did those president have? But give the man some rope.........

Put the chump pig in jail NOT our WH

Exactly!

How many oversea's investments did those president have? But give the man some rope.........
Only the rope to hang his lying cheating body

The Trump children are mostly bastards in the eyes of the law

They are as untrustworthy as the three generations before them.

Let's be real. Any businessman has a 'conflict of interest' if he doesn't immediately sell all his businesses when he becomes president in your mind.

That's an absurd expectation. He'll let his kids run it and focus on taking out the liberal trash in this country.

Forum List

Back