Trump Says He Won't Sell His Businesses To Address Conflicts Of Interest

should Trump Divest himself from his business before he is sworn in as POTUS.

• Yep, even the appearance of impropriety should be avoided.

• Nope, his kids can run it and nobody should think anything of it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't think one should have to put their entire life up for auction for the Presidency.
He isn't going to run it and has even drew up papers for this. IMO, that is enough.

He knew what he was getting into when he decided to run for President. If he didn't want to give up his company to run for President, then he shouldn't have run.

I don't think one should have to put their entire life up for auction for the Presidency.
He isn't going to run it and has even drew up papers for this. IMO, that is enough.

He knew what he was getting into when he decided to run for President. If he didn't want to give up his company to run for President, then he shouldn't have run.
But he shouldn't have to. That's my point. There is no requirement to sell of assets when you become President.

Asking someone to walk away from a life of hard work & success for a 4 year public service job is a bridge too far for me.

If he does something unethical then deal with it.

No one MADE HIM RUN for POTUS. Being POTUS isn't a job, it's a privilege to serve.

But he shouldn't have to. That's my point. There is no requirement to sell of assets when you become President.

There isn't? Again, there is a fucking rule to it. Trump's company is a global operation. He knew the rules going in. He chose to run, no one put a gun to his head, and now he wants to skirt the rules by giving over his company to his kids, which is a sham.

There isn't? Again, there is a fucking rule to it. Trump's company is a global operation. He knew the rules going in. He chose to run, no one put a gun to his head, and now he wants to skirt the rules by giving over his company to his kids, which is a sham.
Not that im aware of. But I love to learn. Maybe you could show me?

For fuck's sake it has been shown to you in numerous threads. Read to your hearts content. (But you won't because no one on here that argues about something reads the links provided.)

Guide to the Constitution

I have to call it like I see it, and this is a bad thing. He should divest himself from his business entirely. He is opening himself up to justified criticism. Hellary did this shit with her foundation by taking donations from foreign entities while SOS. She was a filthy dirty snatch for doing it, and The Orange Clown is doing the same shit. A horrible way to step into the Oval Office.
What did the Magic Neeeeeeeeeeegro have to divest when he won in 08?

I have to call it like I see it, and this is a bad thing. He should divest himself from his business entirely. He is opening himself up to justified criticism. Hellary did this shit with her foundation by taking donations from foreign entities while SOS. She was a filthy dirty snatch for doing it, and The Orange Clown is doing the same shit. A horrible way to step into the Oval Office.

And he doesn't have to either. We elected he and his investments. Cause and effect. There's nothing in the law that says he must sell his interests. If he influences how a company operates then cry me a river. He'll have his hands in all kinds of things, whether he's invested or not. Too fucking bad liberals, we elected him. Besides, he's a hands on guy. You're just used to BS rhetoric in the form of racism etc. by folks like Obama.

The ONLY thing Trump has to be weary of is moving $ in accord with policy. Even then he can and should be able to get away with it, to some extent. At the end of the day the liberals will call EVERYTHING a conflict of interest, because EVERYTHING can be construed as a conflict of interest, NO EXCEPTION. It's best to ignore all of it unless there's information that proves unethical behavior.

For fuck's sake it has been shown to you in numerous threads. Read to your hearts content. (But you won't because no one on here that argues about something reads the links provided.)

Lol, sorry for not reading every thread on here, dummy.
WTF does that have to do with owning businesses? Especially when you aren't even running them?
Sounds like partisan hackery. Doesn't Trump sound like Hoover? :dunno:

The Clinton's were forced to say they would completely divest themselves from their CHARITY, if she became President....that both Bill and Chelsea would get out of it too....

Why are you Trumpsters not forcing the same, with Trump?

HOW can he not have a conflict of interest with his business that his kids would run? When YOU KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT that Trump would be following his own business and know the deals his children were making with Foreign Nations, to put up their Trump towers...

Trump should have thought about this BEFORE he chose to run for President....unless he never really planned to win and this was simply a publicity stunt to enrich himself and family?

BINGO!

He just says he'll do whatever the right thing is and add "IDK" to the end. Until the very end where he admits he's not going to do that right thing he said he would because "he doesnt have to".

Come on...Its the Tax Returns all over again. I'll release them, after audit...unless Hillary releases speeches. Just kidding...but not really.

WTF does that have to do with owning businesses? Especially when you aren't even running them?

His company is global and he will have the ability to make global trade deals and rules. He will also have insider information on what is going on in these countries. His children, which is simply an extension of him will be running the Trump company, and anyone that isn't partisan knows that it is a complete sham to think Trump isn't still going to be part of the decision making process in the company.

His company is global and he will have the ability to make global trade deals and rules. He will also have insider information on what is going on in these countries. His children, which is simply an extension of him will be running the Trump company, and anyone that isn't partisan knows that it is a complete sham to think Trump isn't still going to be part of the decision making process in the company.
So, basically, it isn't against the law, you just don't have faith in him.

The Clinton's were forced to say they would completely divest themselves from their CHARITY, if she became President....that both Bill and Chelsea would get out of it too....

HOW can he not have a conflict of interest with his business that his kids would run? When YOU KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT that Trump would be following his own business and know the deals his children were making with Foreign Nations, to put up their Trump towers...

Trump should have thought about this BEFORE he chose to run for President....unless he never really planned to win and this was simply a publicity stunt to enrich himself and family?

BINGO!

He just says he'll do whatever the right thing is and add "IDK" to the end. Until the very end where he admits he's not going to do that right thing he said he would because "he doesnt have to".

Come on...Its the Tax Returns all over again. I'll release them, after audit...unless Hillary releases speeches. Just kidding...but not really.

Difference is it was HER charity. She also proved to show preference to those who gave them cash.

Compare and contrast to say Trump having stock in GM, and providing policy that impacts GM.

Why have faith in any of them?

At the end of the day liberals, TOO FUCKING BAD. We elected Trump and his investments. There's NOTHING in the law that says a businessman cannot be POUS, with or without investments.

BINGO!

Difference is it was HER charity. She also proved to show preference to those who gave them cash.

Compare and contrast to say Trump having stock in GM, and providing policy that impacts GM.

You cant compare it because anything you can use for comparison we're told legally he doesnt have to provide it. So while you think comparing something you have (Clintons Returns) to something you use your imagination to see (Trumps returns) making a comparison doesnt seem logical

Who would?

At the end of the day liberals, TOO FUCKING BAD. We elected Trump and his investments. There's NOTHING in the law that says a businessman cannot be POUS, with or without investments.

Of course it's not against the law. But expect four years of questions about his ethics and conflicts.

Who would?
Not me. In fact, to me Trump's corrupt till he proves he's not.

It is against the law...did you not read the link? There is no way on this Earth's green grass he isn't going to talk to his kids and do what is in the best interest for his company. The man only cares about making money and bragged about bribing politicians.

Forum List

Back