Trump Says He Won't Sell His Businesses To Address Conflicts Of Interest

should Trump Divest himself from his business before he is sworn in as POTUS.

• Yep, even the appearance of impropriety should be avoided.

• Nope, his kids can run it and nobody should think anything of it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Clinton's were forced to say they would completely divest themselves from their CHARITY, if she became President....that both Bill and Chelsea would get out of it too....

Why are you Trumpsters not forcing the same, with Trump?

HOW can he not have a conflict of interest with his business that his kids would run? When YOU KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT that Trump would be following his own business and know the deals his children were making with Foreign Nations, to put up their Trump towers...

Trump should have thought about this BEFORE he chose to run for President....unless he never really planned to win and this was simply a publicity stunt to enrich himself and family?

BINGO!

He just says he'll do whatever the right thing is and add "IDK" to the end. Until the very end where he admits he's not going to do that right thing he said he would because "he doesnt have to".

Come on...Its the Tax Returns all over again. I'll release them, after audit...unless Hillary releases speeches. Just kidding...but not really.

Difference is it was HER charity. She also proved to show preference to those who gave them cash.

Compare and contrast to say Trump having stock in GM, and providing policy that impacts GM.

You cant compare it because anything you can use for comparison we're told legally he doesnt have to provide it. So while you think comparing something you have (Clintons Returns) to something you use your imagination to see (Trumps returns) making a comparison doesnt seem logical
And Trump's refusal to divest is something no potus did since WWII at least. So, his corruption cannot be compared. It's in a class of its own.

Not that im aware of. But I love to learn. Maybe you could show me?

For fuck's sake it has been shown to you in numerous threads. Read to your hearts content. (But you won't because no one on here that argues about something reads the links provided.)

Guide to the Constitution
Lol, sorry for not reading every thread on here, dummy.
WTF does that have to do with owning businesses? Especially when you aren't even running them?
Sounds like partisan hackery. Doesn't Trump sound like Hoover? :dunno:

His company is global and he will have the ability to make global trade deals and rules. He will also have insider information on what is going on in these countries. His children, which is simply an extension of him will be running the Trump company, and anyone that isn't partisan knows that it is a complete sham to think Trump isn't still going to be part of the decision making process in the company.
So, basically, it isn't against the law, you just don't have faith in him.

It is against the law...did you not read the link? There is no way on this Earth's green grass he isn't going to talk to his kids and do what is in the best interest for his company. The man only cares about making money and bragged about bribing politicians.
I don't see how you legally prove it. Of course no one could legally prove Hillary tried to affect policy for Foundation donations. But she was corrupt simply by giving access. Trump's no different.

But "lesser" officials are required to divest. The potus is not.

As we see here, the most important thing to many is not the act, but rather who engages in the act.
You fool no one

Great, because as we see here, the most important thing to many is not the act, but rather who engages in the act.
what act has Donald Trump done that concerns you at this point.
Lets at least be honest, You personally dont care, but the talking points just came out and this will be the new line of attack. So, without any clue as to why, you follow along.
let him have his business, Just like his not showing his tax records, there is nothing in the law that says a president cant have a business.
As far has colostomy Clinton goes? she was already caught taking money from middle east countries. and since there has been no indication that any contributions have come her way from them since she lost, It would almost look as though they were buying favors. Her losing means she cant give those favors, and thats why they quit giving.

WTF does that have to do with owning businesses? Especially when you aren't even running them?

His company is global and he will have the ability to make global trade deals and rules. He will also have insider information on what is going on in these countries. His children, which is simply an extension of him will be running the Trump company, and anyone that isn't partisan knows that it is a complete sham to think Trump isn't still going to be part of the decision making process in the company.
Why have faith in any of them?
Who would?
Not me. In fact, to me Trump's corrupt till he proves he's not.
I think that is fair. Especially considering some of the shit he has done. BUT it wasn't involved with govt. See hwo it goes, i guess

Not that im aware of. But I love to learn. Maybe you could show me?

For fuck's sake it has been shown to you in numerous threads. Read to your hearts content. (But you won't because no one on here that argues about something reads the links provided.)

It is against the law...did you not read the link? There is no way on this Earth's green grass he isn't going to talk to his kids and do what is in the best interest for his company. The man only cares about making money and bragged about bribing politicians.
How is it against the law?
How does that clause relate to his state of affairs?

I've already told you this twice. Let's take this step by step.

Is his company global?

The Clinton's were forced to say they would completely divest themselves from their CHARITY, if she became President....that both Bill and Chelsea would get out of it too....

HOW can he not have a conflict of interest with his business that his kids would run? When YOU KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT that Trump would be following his own business and know the deals his children were making with Foreign Nations, to put up their Trump towers...

Trump should have thought about this BEFORE he chose to run for President....unless he never really planned to win and this was simply a publicity stunt to enrich himself and family?

BINGO!

He just says he'll do whatever the right thing is and add "IDK" to the end. Until the very end where he admits he's not going to do that right thing he said he would because "he doesnt have to".

Come on...Its the Tax Returns all over again. I'll release them, after audit...unless Hillary releases speeches. Just kidding...but not really.

Difference is it was HER charity. She also proved to show preference to those who gave them cash.

Compare and contrast to say Trump having stock in GM, and providing policy that impacts GM.

You cant compare it because anything you can use for comparison we're told legally he doesnt have to provide it. So while you think comparing something you have (Clintons Returns) to something you use your imagination to see (Trumps returns) making a comparison doesnt seem logical
And Trump's refusal to divest is something no potus did since WWII at least. So, his corruption cannot be compared. It's in a class of its own.
What didn't he divest in?

Is his company global?
And why does that matter?

Is his company global?

You didn't read the link. So I'm not going to waste my time then. Thank you for letting me know up front.

Greed? Owes too much? Owns much less than he claims? Who knows. But he has conflicts of interest. Anytime he exercises power that affects his interests, he's doing a corrupt act. Same rules as Hillary refused to play by.

At the end of the day liberals, TOO FUCKING BAD. We elected Trump and his investments. There's NOTHING in the law that says a businessman cannot be POUS, with or without investments.

Of course it's not against the law. But expect four years of questions about his ethics and conflicts.

Why would I expect anything else? He's not even POUS and I wrote about this subject weeks ago. At the end of the day liberals are highly butt hurt over the election, and they'll declare conspiracy, conflict or anything else if it strikes them. Additionally, we've never had a businessman as POUS before. So I expect a ride.

Is his company global?

You didn't read the link. So I'm not going to waste my time then. Thank you for letting me know up front.
I didn't have to. I know what that clause is. And frankly I don't give 2 shits how some hacks interpret the COTUS.
His company being global has NOTHING to do with that clause.
I guess you are implying someone staying at one of his hotels is a gift? Or a title of nobility? Lol

At the end of the day liberals, TOO FUCKING BAD. We elected Trump and his investments. There's NOTHING in the law that says a businessman cannot be POUS, with or without investments.

Of course it's not against the law. But expect four years of questions about his ethics and conflicts.

Why would I expect anything else? He's not even POUS and I wrote about this subject weeks ago. At the end of the day liberals are highly butt hurt over the election, and they'll declare conspiracy, conflict or anything else if it strikes them. Additionally, we've never had a businessman as POUS before. So I expect a ride.
He plays be the same rules as Hillary was called to do and that all other potuses followed, or he's corrupt.

How is that butthurt over the election? The guys gonna be very good for my retirement account, and my healthcare is gonna be just fine. Although the medicare proposals are maybe not so good. It's too early to tell?

Is his company global?

I didn't have to. I know what that clause is. And frankly I don't give 2 shits how some hacks interpret the COTUS.
I guess you are implying someone staying at one of his hotels is a gift? Or a title of nobility? Lol

Yes, yes it does. And you playing dumb about the clause in the first place is reason enough to not discuss it with you. He can't make money off of dealings with other foreign governments based on his position. He's already doing that just by having his name on hotels in different countries and foreign governments using his hotel in Washington, DC, to mention other things. But you just keep on acting dumb... you are doing a good job of it.

Can we say EMOLUMENT?

Read and understand Article I, § 9, Clause 8 of the US Constitution! Even receiving a 10¢ EMOLUMENT from a foreign government is an impeachable offence Constitutionally, and "receiving" has a very broad definition.

Russians are going to be sriously pissed when he is impeached so early...

They went to all that trouble to warp an election and the idiot gets impeached in 6 months...

At first all this crying from the left was actually pretty funny, now though? its starting to get old.
Yes, your freebie cash cow lost and you have to endure the unfair leadership of someone that thinks people should work for what they have.
Get over it. You all just need to stop, this making up one problem after another is really starting to get old, and to be honest, it should be a point of embarrassment to you.

Is his company global?

Yes, yes it does. And you playing dumb about the clause in the first place is reason enough to not discuss it with you. He can't make money off of dealings with other foreign governments based on his position. He's already doing that just by having his name on hotels in different countries and foreign governments using his hotel in Washington, DC, to mention other things. But you just keep on acting dumb... you are doing a good job of it.
LMAO you got to be fucking kidding me. Do you work for Mother Jones or something? Jeezus
He also said “While I am not mandated to do this under the law, I feel it is visually important, as President, to in no way have a conflict of interest with my various businesses. Hence, legal documents are being crafted which take me completely out of business operations. The Presidency is a far more important task!”

BINGO!

Washington didn't sell the farm....stupid fucking fascist liberals.....

We are coming..,,

Is his company global?

LMAO you got to be fucking kidding me. Do you work for Mother Jones or something? Jeezus
He also said “While I am not mandated to do this under the law, I feel it is visually important, as President, to in no way have a conflict of interest with my various businesses. Hence, legal documents are being crafted which take me completely out of business operations. The Presidency is a far more important task!”

Do you work for Info Wars? Because Trump hasn't even released his tax returns or given specifics on his business dealings and investments. But hey, we can take his word for it! I mean this is the same guy that said global warming was a hoax created by China... and then said he never said that.

Forum List

Back