Trump says postal support held up by broader coronavirus wrangling

RightNorLeft

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2010
For all our democrats, this is the real truth, not your truth about the post office funding

President Trump on Saturday said Democrats aren’t getting money for widespread mail-in voting because they are insisting on funding for states and localities as part of coronavirus relief deliberations.

Mr. Trump has characterized the local money as a bailout for poorly managed blue states, while Democrats say states and towns across the board are suffering budget gaps from fighting the coronavirus pandemic and a dramatic loss of tax receipts.

“They want money for the universal mail-in ballot. They’re not getting it. You know why? Because of them,” Mr. Trump said. “They need money, but they’re not willing to approve the money that they need.

The USPS has been on the verge of bankruptcy for DECADES. They have been mismanaged for DECADES. They got railroaded by the unions DECADES ago.

Suddenly it is Trump's fault lol
But magically there were no delays and now that mail voting has expanded, there are delays. And stop pretending that your Trump didn't say he wants to block mail voting.

The USPS has been on the verge of bankruptcy for DECADES. They have been mismanaged for DECADES. They got railroaded by the unions DECADES ago.

But magically there were no delays and now that mail voting has expanded, there are delays. And stop pretending that your Trump didn't say he wants to block mail voting.
You're either full of shit or just plain stupid.

There have been complaints of mail reliability for MY ENTIRE ADULT LIFE

many of those complaints were overblown.....

And?

My point is nothing has changed. The usps has been cutting corners for DECADES in order to save money.

And?

My point is nothing has changed. The usps has been cutting corners for DECADES in order to save money.
Oh something has changed. You just choose not to see it:

The Election Day demands will be a small fraction of what the USPS deals with EVERY YEAR AT CHRISTMAS TIME, and BTW, that mail also has a deadline associated with it, and the deadline is very rarely missed.

The bleating and complaining about USPS funding is nothing more than typical bullshit that Leftist government minions say ALL THE TIME: We can't do our job unless you give us more money!!! NOBODY is cutting their funds, and they will undoubtedly get a shitload to deal with the election, even though there is no reason why they couldn't handle those envelopes under normal circumstances.

Compared to whose reliability? Gee, I wonder why they were self-funded and profitable until your jealous, greedy ilk came along insisting upon grabbing big pieces of the action.

And?

you were talking about complaints were you not?.....and as far as cutting corners those corners were mostly put in place by people who have no idea about how the PO runs and the problems there are moving mail.....basically people who never touch the mail.....

And?

It doesn't help that they are required to fund pensions for 75 years out.

I am very friendly with the workers at my local Post Office.
They are under enormous pressure all day and their staffing has been severely cut over the last 10 years.

And?

Oh something has changed. You just choose not to see it:
i dont believe that.....when medicine comes in it goes out.....and its not like there is tons of it....

And?

Yes; the evil GW did that to emasculate the USPS.

The Election Day demands will be a small fraction of what the USPS deals with EVERY YEAR AT CHRISTMAS TIME, and BTW, that mail also has a deadline associated with it, and the deadline is very rarely missed.

The bleating and complaining about USPS funding is nothing more than typical bullshit that Leftist government minions say ALL THE TIME: We can't do our job unless you give us more money!!! NOBODY is cutting their funds, and they will undoubtedly get a shitload to deal with the election, even though there is no reason why they couldn't handle those envelopes under normal circumstances.
and its even worse during election times.....political mail is horrendous and there is lots of it....

Holy shit... Are you serious? Why the fuck would they do that? No offence man, but this is just crazy enough I got to go look myself. That is beyond stupid unless there is some sort of misunderstanding here.

Edit: ok... It's not as bad as I thought. It's still not great, but at least it's not morbidly stupid, it's just regular plain old stupid. There is no reason to go that far into the future, so it is still pretty damn wasteful... But it's not really funding 75 years.

MYTH: the USPS is required to fund pensions for the next 75 years, for workers who haven’t even been born.

“[T]he PAEA required the Postal Service to calculate all of its likely pension costs over the next 75 years, and then sock away enough money between 2007 and 2016 to cover most of them.” The Week, April 16, 2018.

FACT: the actuarial valuation methods used by the USPS are based only on accruals attributed to past service, no different than any other such valuation.

The Postal Service Retiree Health Benefit Fund (PSRHBF) is a USPS-specific fund, and its 10-K report specifies that it uses the “aggregate entry age normal acturarial cost method.” For pension benefits, employees participate in the CSRS and FERS general civil servant pensions, using the same method. In this method, yes, the actuary calculates the value of all benefits to be paid out in the future, due to past and future service, and then subtracts out the value of the future accruals, to calculate the actuarial liability. In addition, the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund calculates a projection of liabilities 75 years into the future in its annual report, but this does not mean that 75 years’ worth of future accruals are advance-funded, only that the long-term sustainability of the system is measured over a 75-year period.

Last edited:
I am very friendly with the workers at my local Post Office.
They are under enormous pressure all day and their staffing has been severely cut over the last 10 years.
the only ones under pressure are the carriers.....we had a time limit to get whatever mail was there out in 8 hours and many times it took some OT to get it out...

Holy shit... Are you serious? Why the fuck would they do that? No offence man, but this is just crazy enough I got to go look myself. That is beyond stupid unless there is some sort of misunderstanding here.

The legislation was passed in 2006

Forum List

Back