Trump should not be impeached even if dems take house

... unless something truly illegal and heinous comes to light, like he murdered someone, or raped someone, or is guilty of massive fraud and corruption. Something that even Trump supporters could not stomach (though one wonders if there is any line Trump could possibly cross that a Trump supporter would find indigestible. They would probably still love him even if he ate babies, as long as said baby is not still in the womb).

None of those high bars have been met.

They should simply wait for 2020, find a candidate who isn't abhorrent to run against him (one wonders whether that is even possible, considering their disgusting reliance on identity politics, which they appear to be unable or unwilling to shake) and beat him and his cronies then.

True or false?

Trump has been a business man for over four decades & has some shady dealings.
Look to Trump's history to determine Trump's future. A man's past will typically shed light on a man's future.

When Trump was elected POTUS the bar was lowered to the ground for any future POTUS.

inadmissible regarding impeachment

you had better hope; Trump also

impeachment concerns actions while in office.

not previous crimes.

get an education

I took his point to be 'past is prologue'.

... unless something truly illegal and heinous comes to light, like he murdered someone, or raped someone, or is guilty of massive fraud and corruption. Something that even Trump supporters could not stomach (though one wonders if there is any line Trump could possibly cross that a Trump supporter would find indigestible. They would probably still love him even if he ate babies, as long as said baby is not still in the womb).

They should simply wait for 2020, find a candidate who isn't abhorrent to run against him (one wonders whether that is even possible, considering their disgusting reliance on identity politics, which they appear to be unable or unwilling to shake) and beat him and his cronies then. \

Why? Because he hasn't done anything worthy of impeachment, and because it wouldn't work due to the composition of the senate. It would just be an exercise in futility (kicking a hornet's nest).and a session of self-indulgent legal masturbation.

True or false?

Trump and his entire administration is guilty of massive fraud and corruption. Trump Corporation billed the government and the RNC $90 million last year. Every trip to Mar-a-lago the public purse is billed for rooms, meals, golf cart rentals etc. For Trump’s SS detail. And he spends nearly every weekend at one of resort properties.

That doesn’t include the massive tax cuts he gave himself and his billionaire buddies. Or the doubling of initiation fees at his east coast properties as soon as he won the election.

Then there’s the foreign governments using his Trump Hotel in Washington.

There’s a law suit under way in Washington claiming Trump is in violation of the emoluments clause in the Constitution. We don’t hear much about that because there’s so much shady and outright illegal stuff going on but Trump’s attempts to have this suit dismissed have been completely unsuccessful.

Shady but obviously not actually illegal.

Yes, actually illegal.

I’m overjoyed at the Weisellberg immunity deal. I firmly believe that Trump has been laundering money for Russians since the turn of the century. That’s when he stopped being the “King of Debt”, and started paying cash for everything.

The 2008 sale of his Florida property which had been on the market for over two years, at twice the asking price is a prime example. All over Florida properties could be snapped up at 1/3 to 1/2 less than their appraised value before the crash. And then the guy demolished the house. $96 million for a lot? Trump paid $25 million for the property when he bought it three years prior.

This is a big time criminal conspiracy.

They should simply wait for 2020, find a candidate who isn't abhorrent to run against him (one wonders whether that is even possible, considering their disgusting reliance on identity politics, which they appear to be unable or unwilling to shake) and beat him and his cronies then. \

Why? Because he hasn't done anything worthy of impeachment, and because it wouldn't work due to the composition of the senate. It would just be an exercise in futility (kicking a hornet's nest).and a session of self-indulgent legal masturbation.

True or false?
Remember what B. Clinton was impeached for?

True or false?

I think it's better if Trump is hanging around the GOP's collective neck like a rotting carp in 2020. I don't want true-believer Pence elevated to the office - the American Taliban would become born again.

The dems need a candidate who is all about the economy. Take away the only thing he has going for him.

They need to drop this far-left bullshit. It stinks.
You make a good point. While I am certainly enjoying the current economy, it's a bubble...and we all know what happens to bubbles.

True or false?

I think it's better if Trump is hanging around the GOP's collective neck like a rotting carp in 2020. I don't want true-believer Pence elevated to the office - the American Taliban would become born again.

The dems need a candidate who is all about the economy. Take away the only thing he has going for him.

You make a good point. While I am certainly enjoying the current economy, it's a bubble...and we all know what happens to bubbles.

And Trump doesn't actually know anything about the economy. He knows about as much as me, which is borderline nil. The difference is, I know I'm ignorant on the subject.

True or false?

None of the Democrats in Congress voted in favor of the improved economy when they had a chance. The party would have to go outside the normal bounds. Now that it looks like McCain may pass on soon, the Democrats should recruit John Kasich to their party to run against The Donald in 2020.

Kasich is more conservative than Trump, even on social issues. He just pretends to be a moderate. I think that would be an unprecedented disaster.
It should be interesting to see if Kasich decides to challenge the moron-in-chief in the primary.

Trump won't be impeached.

And he isn't a criminal, never has been. When the bar was lowered was when Obama was elected.

True or false?

None of the Democrats in Congress voted in favor of the improved economy when they had a chance. The party would have to go outside the normal bounds. Now that it looks like McCain may pass on soon, the Democrats should recruit John Kasich to their party to run against The Donald in 2020.

Kasich is more conservative than Trump, even on social issues. He just pretends to be a moderate. I think that would be an unprecedented disaster.

Mr. Kasich has an undying hatred for his President, and I think that trumps any qualms libs have about him.

He would be able to reach out to disaffected Never Trumpers in a way that Crazy Bernie or Mrs. Clinton would be unable to.

True or false?

Mr. Kasich has an undying hatred for his President, and I think that trumps any qualms libs have about him.

He would be able to reach out to disaffected Never Trumpers in a way that Crazy Bernie or Mrs. Clinton would be unable to.

He can't be a democrat. He would never want to be one. At most he becomes an independent and loses.

They should simply wait for 2020, find a candidate who isn't abhorrent to run against him (one wonders whether that is even possible, considering their disgusting reliance on identity politics, which they appear to be unable or unwilling to shake) and beat him and his cronies then.

True or false?

Look to Trump's history to determine Trump's future. A man's past will typically shed light on a man's future.

When Trump was elected POTUS the bar was lowered to the ground for any future POTUS.

not previous crimes.

get an education

If Trump were to be subpoenaed concerning ANY of his activities previous to being POTUS, deposed, and was found to have lied under oath during deposition, then good luck with your crappy theory.

Now, who needs the education here? Not me.

Total disagreement with the OP. Such D idiocy will fail in the house will not even come to a vote in the senate and cost the Ds every swing district in the country in 2020.

How is that disagreement?
pointing out an opponent's idiocy is always a bad idea. They might learn better, which is a badness thing.

Wait, are you saying the democrats should try to impeach because it' would be a bad idea and you don't like them? Because I don't understand how you're disagreeing with me when you pretty much said the same thing that I said.

I want to complete the job Obama began of making the Ds non-viable as a national party. Since the big lies of genocide Jackson launched the party the Ds have been a boil on the ass of America. Time to lance that boil.

Trump won't be impeached.

And he isn't a criminal, never has been. When the bar was lowered was when Obama was elected.

I had two opportunities to vote for Obama but I never did.

Having said that your last statement is nothing but pure horse feces.

Obama is highly educated, is very intelligent, was respectful of his political opponents, and as POTUS Obama demonstrated more respect for the office he held for eight years than Trump could ever comprehend.

True or false?

not previous crimes.

get an education

If Trump were to be subpoenaed concerning ANY of his activities previous to being POTUS, deposed, and was found to have lied under oath during deposition, then good luck with your crappy theory.

:21::21::21::21::21:

WRONG

he would possibly be liable for civil action in those cases, but NOT impeachment

Forum List

Back