Trump should rename "Mar a Lago" to "Sea to Lake "

Yeah, and then his wealth collapsed in the nineties and he sold most of the club as individual private lots. He only owns his own private lot and the several public facilities on the estate.

He is basically the equivalent of the president of a homeowners association.
I doubt it was because his wealth collapsed. Who wants to own an entire golf resort as a personal residence? Trump paid pennies on the dollar for it and undoubtedly made a very handsome profit off of it.

You guys are SO good at mental masturbation.

I doubt it was because his wealth collapsed.

Donald Trump went completely broke in the nineties and no one would give him a loan. He did manage to con the government into giving him a bailout and SEC subsidies, but there's still a lot of suspicion that he may of gotten loans from overseas.

Who wants to own an entire golf resort as a personal residence? Trump paid pennies on the dollar for it and undoubtedly made a very handsome profit off of it.

The point is that he it is a misleading characterization to claim he owns the entire Mar a Lago, since the club is really just an upper class neighborhood now.

Technically he owns a few public facilities and organizes the actual club part of Mar a Lago though.
Trump didn't go "completely broke." Some of his businesses went bust, but others were doing just fine. What "bailout" did Trump receive from the government? BTW, the SEC doesn't hand out subsidies. It's an enforcement agency. It has nothing to do with real estate either.

Also, I can't recall Trump ever claiming he "owns the entire Mar a Lago."

And as you get more desperate, you get a lot more creative.

In six months, you'll be drooling down your front.

Trump didn't go "completely broke."

It's fair to say he did. He filed like seven or eight bankruptcies in that decade and reported losses of a billion dollars in one year, which was probably half of the Trump organization's net worth at the time.

Then he went on a campaign desperately begging for money, with one notable account from Richard Branson remarking on how Donald Trump was asking him for money and threatening vengeance on those that refused to help him.

What "bailout" did Trump receive from the government? BTW, the SEC doesn't hand out subsidies. It's an enforcement agency. It has nothing to do with real estate either.

I don't remember the exact sources, but he was bailed out at least twice in the nineties. Once by the banks and at least once by the government. And yes, I believe the SEC offered subsidies to bailout wall street in the nineties. And I didn't mention the billion dollars in tax breaks specially offered to him and other failing real state tycoons.

Trump didn't go "completely broke."

It's fair to say he did. He filed like seven or eight bankruptcies in that decade and reported losses of a billion dollars in one year, which was probably half of the Trump organization's net worth at the time.

Then he went on a campaign desperately begging for money, with one notable account from Richard Branson remarking on how Donald Trump was asking him for money and threatening vengeance on those that refused to help him.

What "bailout" did Trump receive from the government? BTW, the SEC doesn't hand out subsidies. It's an enforcement agency. It has nothing to do with real estate either.

I don't remember the exact sources, but he was bailed out at least twice in the nineties. Once by the banks and at least once by the government. And yes, I believe the SEC offered subsidies to bailout wall street in the nineties. And I didn't mention the billion dollars in tax breaks specially offered to him and other failing real state tycoons.

The number of times he declared bankruptcy keeps growing with each telling of the story. I'm aware of four bankruptcies. If he lost half his money, that still leaves him a very rich man. That isn't "broke."

There were no "tax breaks" offered to Trump that weren't also "offered" to every other real estate investor who lost money. When you lose money on a real estate deal, you get to deduct it from your revenue. That's how your income is calculated.

As for "SEC subsidies," google it and see what you come up with. Furthermore, "Wall Street" doesn't include real estate.

85233119_large_t_zps9ctptt0y.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt it was because his wealth collapsed.

Donald Trump went completely broke in the nineties and no one would give him a loan. He did manage to con the government into giving him a bailout and SEC subsidies, but there's still a lot of suspicion that he may of gotten loans from overseas.

Who wants to own an entire golf resort as a personal residence? Trump paid pennies on the dollar for it and undoubtedly made a very handsome profit off of it.

The point is that he it is a misleading characterization to claim he owns the entire Mar a Lago, since the club is really just an upper class neighborhood now.

Technically he owns a few public facilities and organizes the actual club part of Mar a Lago though.
Trump didn't go "completely broke." Some of his businesses went bust, but others were doing just fine. What "bailout" did Trump receive from the government? BTW, the SEC doesn't hand out subsidies. It's an enforcement agency. It has nothing to do with real estate either.

Also, I can't recall Trump ever claiming he "owns the entire Mar a Lago."

And as you get more desperate, you get a lot more creative.

In six months, you'll be drooling down your front.

How does pointing out facts make me "desperate?" The labels snowflakes use get more bizarre with every week Trump is in office.

Yeah, and then his wealth collapsed in the nineties and he sold most of the club as individual private lots. He only owns his own private lot and the several public facilities on the estate.

He is basically the equivalent of the president of a homeowners association.
I doubt it was because his wealth collapsed. Who wants to own an entire golf resort as a personal residence? Trump paid pennies on the dollar for it and undoubtedly made a very handsome profit off of it.

You guys are SO good at mental masturbation.

Your random insults of Trump and his supporters is what I would call "mental masturbation." They have no connection with reality. They just make you feel better about being a loser. That seems to me pretty much what masturbation is.

Forum List

Back