Trump Spreads Confusion over the Entire Political Scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good decision to move this thread out of the CDZ!
It's time to open it up wide to the entire forum so all the vulgar spammers and low life can shit on the issue as much as they please.

There's likely nothing that Trump won't destroy for his own personal gain. We can only hope that he's been taken under control so that he won't interfere with that which is important for the safety of the rest of the world.
Wow, sounds like someone is jealous of the US to me......
That could be your explanation but there's no denying that this thread was sticking in your craw all along and so you had to start spamming it so that it would become unsuitable for the CDZ section.

Not an issue for me, as I've said but it does raise the point on why you got away with it so long?

It's easily explained in that Trump is asking for the $600 to be increased to $2000! This runs contrary to all traditional Republican principles

After four years, what part don't you get that Trump IS NOT A REPUBLICAN? He is a MAGA Trumpian. He only ran as a republican because that was the better choice than a democrat. Or did you miss how unpopular and opposed he was (and often still is) by many in the GOP?

What would be your reaction if it was Biden calling for $2000? Would you be as equally upset?

It's almost like YOU ARE MAD because Trump is doing something you are finding hard to criticize or not like after spending four years telling yourself how terrible he was!

Good decision to move this thread out of the CDZ!
It's time to open it up wide to the entire forum so all the vulgar spammers and low life can shit on the issue as much as they please.

There's likely nothing that Trump won't destroy for his own personal gain. We can only hope that he's been taken under control so that he won't interfere with that which is important for the safety of the rest of the world.
Wow, sounds like someone is jealous of the US to me......
That could be your explanation but there's no denying that this thread was sticking in your craw all along and so you had to start spamming it so that it would become unsuitable for the CDZ section.

Not an issue for me, as I've said but it does raise the point on why you got away with it so long?
Spamming what? I told you multiple times that your premise was off base, and that with no bill to sign nobody was being supported or not supported.

MSNBC host Chris Hayes, somebody who is a reliably superficial partisan Democrat, probably better understands the motivations of the infinitely superficial Trump far better than I. Anyway, he has speculated along this line:

The reason, the number one reason, there wasn’t a deal sooner, with a higher price tag, was that Trump *completely* ignored the entirety of the negotiations. It was always clear he could get a deal at a number closer to Pelosi’s if he actually cared and wanted to lean on Senate R’s. But he didn’t! Because he didn’t care. And post-election he has spent literally all of his political capital attempting to overturn American democracy. On that task he has been quite focused! There’s no official too low-level to lobby!

So why did he just decide to suddenly pay attention? I think the Occam’s razor is *to screw McConnell*. He’s pissed that McConnell acknowledged Biden’s victory and this is his revenge. The most stalwart opposition to $2000 checks is McConnell’s own caucus. This blows up McConnell’s deal and screws Loeffler and Purdue who’ve now been wrong footed.

Pelosi is right to call the bluff. Push as far as you can and force a showdown between Trump and McConnell because ultimately that’s a big battle that has to happen before this era ends.

About as good an explanation as it gets Tom. personally, I would have preferred that Chris Hayes just went directly to the theory of 'Screwing McConnell'. Although I do understand that an explanation by Hayes is necessary for his audience.
Trump truly is as low as is suggested.

That's a pretty difficult concept to throw out. Right or wrong on that, I would suggest that it will have the suggested effect on a lot of people. Even though it's not going to change Trump's fortunes and make him the president again.

It will cause a bigger fight for Trump and a lot more hurt for everybody.
“Do you completely reject the idea that Trump is looking for personal popularity gain with this gift of money to the people?”

I think you are right that this is also an important factor. Trump has always been acutely interested in popularity, in making a name for himself. But he is also completely incompetent and uninterested in the details of governing. We see this clearly here. He could have at any time called his negotiator Steve Mnuchin and insisted on a larger figure for direct support to Americans ... but didn’t.

Trump could also have long ago proposed a major “rebuilding U.S. infrastructure” program and gotten overwhelming Democratic and popular support. It would have produced hundreds of thousands of good jobs and given him a genuine claim to being “the working-class president” — but he just was more interested in tweeting, watching FOX news, pushing demagogic appeals to white working class grievances and nostalgia for the past.

Trump could have really taken on Wall Street, advanced a progressive tax plan aimed at speculators and crony capitalists, stopped Pompeo’s CIA bringing charges against Assange ... instead of pardoning convicted Blackstone military contract killers. But Trump is Trump. A creature of privilege and the media. He never had a program to “drain the swamp.” He just wanted to feed his own tremendous ego as a sort of elected “King.”

MSNBC host Chris Hayes, somebody who is a reliably superficial partisan Democrat, probably better understands the motivations of the infinitely superficial Trump far better than I. Anyway, he has speculated along this line:

The reason, the number one reason, there wasn’t a deal sooner, with a higher price tag, was that Trump *completely* ignored the entirety of the negotiations. It was always clear he could get a deal at a number closer to Pelosi’s if he actually cared and wanted to lean on Senate R’s. But he didn’t! Because he didn’t care. And post-election he has spent literally all of his political capital attempting to overturn American democracy. On that task he has been quite focused! There’s no official too low-level to lobby!

So why did he just decide to suddenly pay attention? I think the Occam’s razor is *to screw McConnell*. He’s pissed that McConnell acknowledged Biden’s victory and this is his revenge. The most stalwart opposition to $2000 checks is McConnell’s own caucus. This blows up McConnell’s deal and screws Loeffler and Purdue who’ve now been wrong footed.

Pelosi is right to call the bluff. Push as far as you can and force a showdown between Trump and McConnell because ultimately that’s a big battle that has to happen before this era ends.

About as good an explanation as it gets Tom. personally, I would have preferred that Chris Hayes just went directly to the theory of 'Screwing McConnell'. Although I do understand that an explanation by Hayes is necessary for his audience.

That's a pretty difficult concept to throw out. Right or wrong on that, I would suggest that it will have the suggested effect on a lot of people. Even though it's not going to change Trump's fortunes and make him the president again.

“Do you completely reject the idea that Trump is looking for personal popularity gain with this gift of money to the people?”

I think you are right that this is also an important factor. Trump has always been acutely interested in popularity, in making a name for himself. But he is also completely incompetent and uninterested in the details of governing. We see this clearly here. He could have at any time called his negotiator Mnuchin and insisted on a larger figure for direct support to Americans ... but didn’t.

Trump could also have long ago proposed a major “rebuilding U.S. infrastructure” program and gotten overwhelming Democratic and popular support. It would have produced hundreds of thousands of good jobs and given him a genuine claim to being “the working-class president” — but he just was more interested in tweeting, watching FOX news, pushing demagogic appeals to white working class grievances and nostalgia for the past.

Trump could have really taken on Wall Street, advanced a progressive tax plan aimed at speculators and crony capitalists, stopped Pompeo’s CIA bringing charges against Assange ... instead of pardoning convicted Blackstone military contract killers. But Trump is Trump. A creature of privilege and the media. He never had a program to “drain the swamp.” He just wanted to feed his own tremendous ego as a sort of elected “King.”
Or Pelosi could have done HER job.....

I think you are right that this is also an important factor. Trump has always been acutely interested in popularity, in making a name for himself. But he is also completely incompetent and uninterested in the details of governing. We see this clearly here. He could have at any time called his negotiator Mnuchin and insisted on a larger figure for direct support to Americans ... but didn’t.

It's up to Pelosi to turn this thing by Trump into a slamdunk victory for the people. Poor Mitch!

It's up to Pelosi to turn this thing by Trump into a slamdunk victory for the people. Poor Mitch!
But she had plenty of chances before all this.

It's easily explained in that Trump is asking for the $600 to be increased to $2000! This runs contrary to all traditional Republican principles and exactly in line with The wishes of the Democratic party.
Trump has cut McConnell's legs out from under him.

And so this calls for somehow determining Trump's motive.

The only motive I can offer is that Trump is making a country wide appeal to the people, based on what might be called need or even perhaps greed?

Right or wrong, according to political preferences, it's become a tactic that can be either a boost for Trump's populatiry, or it will be a backbreaker for Trump if the Republican party sees this as the last straw.

Does anybody have any better explanations for Trump's behaviour? Opinions?
Leftists don't accept explanations that go against what they have already decided.

He cares! He doesn't care for Republican's traditional agenda as upheld by McConnell because he cares for the people more. I can buy into that, even though it's a complete 180! Sort of a Christmas gift 180 by Trump?

It's possible but the huge compromise points a little more likely to it being an attempt to buy the people with the additional 1400 bucks. But thanks for the idea!
Why does Trump need to "buy people" ?
Us who support him are already sold and you who hate him
obviously have already sold out.

Unless you believe that big tech and big media are on the up and up, and not 100% in bed with the DNC. (and China)
You're quite wrong in thinking I hate Trump. I've said many times that I prefer him on US foreign policy over Biden and the Dem hawks. And so obviously no leftist like me could ever be opposed to Trump's move to give the people 1400 more bucks!

It's just that it flies directly in the face of the Republican party and cuts the legs right out from under McConnell. Do you think the left isn't laughing their a--es off over this?

The reason why Trump has to buy people is obviously because over 80 million of them aren't on his side. That is, assuming that those voters are real voters and not just phony ballots? Is that safe to say? LOL
Trump’s campaign was based on America, not a party.

He cares! He doesn't care for Republican's traditional agenda as upheld by McConnell because he cares for the people more. I can buy into that, even though it's a complete 180! Sort of a Christmas gift 180 by Trump?

It's possible but the huge compromise points a little more likely to it being an attempt to buy the people with the additional 1400 bucks. But thanks for the idea!
Why does Trump need to "buy people" ?
Us who support him are already sold and you who hate him
obviously have already sold out.

Unless you believe that big tech and big media are on the up and up, and not 100% in bed with the DNC. (and China)
You're quite wrong in thinking I hate Trump. I've said many times that I prefer him on US foreign policy over Biden and the Dem hawks. And so obviously no leftist like me could ever be opposed to Trump's move to give the people 1400 more bucks!

It's just that it flies directly in the face of the Republican party and cuts the legs right out from under McConnell. Do you think the left isn't laughing their a--es off over this?

The reason why Trump has to buy people is obviously because over 80 million of them aren't on his side. That is, assuming that those voters are real voters and not just phony ballots? Is that safe to say? LOL
Why would the left be laughing? They still have to get a bill passed and right now they are $1400 per check short.....
Just laughing because McConnell legs were cut from under him and Trump is now supporting their agenda.

It's far from a sure thing that the R's will support Trump! What do you think? LOL
What planet are you from?
Trump ran against both parties.

Hahaha! I was wondering when you wankers would get down to the default position to defend your psychopath.
Now I'm ignoring you again until you can produce something as good as that one.

Hahaha! I was wondering when you wankers would get down to the default position to defend your psychopath.
Now I'm ignoring you again until you can produce something as good as that one.
I suggest going to YouTube and spend an hour watching any of Trump’s campaign speeches or interviews where he attacks both parties.
I doubt you will do so.

Pelosi will not do it. She will try to ride it out and with blame it on Trump(with help from Mitch and MSM)

I suggest going to YouTube and spend an hour watching any of Trump’s campaign speeches or interviews where he attacks both parties.
I doubt you will do so.

Your request is denied until you can provide a link.
Go to YouTube and search for "donald trump speech 2016"
Every specch was the same...MAGA.

The guy just admitted he's never watched a single Trump rally, knows nothing of the real guy and won't even bother looking unless you place it in his hand! This is the OP of a Trump thread?

Typical.

Trump is just grandstanding. He is on his way out and wants to be relevant. Yet he easily attacks democrats and even republicans. He does have a knack for making enemies. Washington knows he is irrelevant and they will do what they always have done. Attach pet projects of politicians to a bill that will pass. If Trump does a veto then they seem to have enough pork in the bill to over ride the veto. The finally slap in the face or a final boot to the former president. No one is listening, well his supporters may be listening.
Yep those lifer leeches on both sides hate the threat that Trump poses. As for grandstanding, thats funny since your Wicked Witch of the West is the Queen of Grandstanding. That foreign pork needs to be replaced with funding for the increased check amounts.
Trump is not a threat. he will put on a show but it is still irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back