Trump Sues CNN for Millions....

Billy_Bob

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2014
Top Of The Great Divide
I knew this was coming I just didn't know how fast it would come. And this one just before an Election is going to draw massive attention and potentially pay for Trumps campaign... Irony is a bitch. 475 million in damages...

On Monday, former President Donald Trump filed a lawsuit against CNN for defamation in the US District Court for the Southern District of Florida.

“CNN has sought to use its massive influence — purportedly as a ‘trusted’ news source,” the lawsuit reads. “to defame the Plaintiff in the minds of its viewers and readers for the purpose of defeating him politically, culminating in CNN claiming credit for ‘[getting] Trump out’ in the 2020 presidential election.”

I'm sure it will go nowhere but it is good to see him actually suing someone instead of the constant threats. Make sure you contribute!
He actually sues a lot of people. His lawsuits, especially lately, are dismissed without much fanfare.

Last month his lawsuit against Hillary Clinton and a lot of other Dems was dismissed with a scathing ruling by the judge about misuse of the courts.

He actually sues a lot of people. His lawsuits, especially lately, are dismissed without much fanfare.

Last month his lawsuit against Hillary Clinton and a lot of other Dems was dismissed with a scathing ruling by the judge about misuse of the courts.
I'm just saying that this is the way you do it...you go to court.

Bullshitinsky is claiming he was defrauded of a gazillion dollars or whatever...where is his lawsuit?

I knew this was coming I just didn't know how fast it would come. And this one just before an Election is going to draw massive attention and potentially pay for Trumps campaign... Irony is a bitch. 475 million in damages...

Poor Rump. Trying his best to stay relevant. Who, but an idiot, would sue a news organization that reports that he is lying when he says he won the election?

The lawsuit will be thrown out. But, it is also true that the orange douchebag will use it to solicit donations from his ever-gullible mouth-breathing retards. More money for Melania to buy more dresses. Win/Win!

I'm sure it will go nowhere but it is good to see him actually suing someone instead of the constant threats. Make sure you contribute!
CNN aired segments on many occasions that called him a "russian spy" and a "Nazi", and other variations of those terms. I heard a pretty damaging montage a week or two ago. To suggest that he has no case is dishonest. Proving that they had malintent is obvious as well. As for damages, losing the presidency must rank pretty high and CNN certainly played a role in that.

CNN aired segments on many occasions that called him a "russian spy" and a "Nazi". I heard a pretty damaging montage a week or two ago. To suggest that he has no case is dishonest.
I'm sure this will be tossed out as most of his court challenges are.

But he's got every right to sue if he thinks he's been wronged.

If Trump doesn't like being called a liar, he should stop lying.

CNN aired segments on many occasions that called him a "russian spy" and a "Nazi". I heard a pretty damaging montage a week or two ago. To suggest that he has no case is dishonest.
It’s protected by the first amendment. You know the first amendment, right? It’s that thing they conservatives use to say whatever they want and then promptly forget about when people don’t say what they want.

The predictable memes from the left... Defamation is not that hard to determine. There is ample evidence of the bias and criminal defamation by CNN. The only issue is that of Trump being a public figure and if it tarnished his reputation. Which it did. They lied because they knew it was false. Yep.. this is going to be fun to watch.

It’s protected by the first amendment. You know the first amendment, right? It’s that thing they conservatives use to say whatever they want and then promptly forget about when people don’t say what they want.
First amendment wont protect you in a case like this. What Trump has against him is that its extremely hard for a celebrity or other well known figure to sue for slander. The bar is incredibly high in those cases, but CNN went REALLY far, so they may have met that threshold.

Criminal acts ARE NOT PROTECTED SPEECH. Sorry Charlie... what law school did you attend? a cracker jack box?

this is from 2 weeks ago and there were a dozen threads one it.

I hope this goes to court so Trump will be required to prove that CNN was wrong, that will be fun to watch

Add it to the growing list of all the lawsuits that crying baby man keeps getting tossed out

No Sparky, it isn't.
Freedom of speech only applies to the government, not to private entities or individuals.
I would have thought that a smart liberal like you would know that.

First amendment wont protect you in a case like this. What Trump has against him is that its extremely hard for a celebrity or other well known figure to sue for slander. The bar is incredibly high in those cases, but CNN went REALLY far, so they may have met that threshold.
Of course it will protect you. Opinion is absolutely protected by the first amendment.

Forum List

Back