Trump supporter says it's not right to bring up race when talking about US Military

R

rdean

This is another post where I just watched the interview live so there is no link.

A Donald Trump supporter who said he's a veteran and his sons are in the military, and his father and uncles are all veterans said it was wrong for the Democrats to concentrate on this one family because their son, who was a Muslim, died. He said that once you go into the military, you are a US Soldier and not African American or Hispanic or any other minority and it does a disservice to those in the military. That was his answer to whether or not Trump should apologize. He felt he was looking at the big picture. But was he? Was that really the big picture?

Let's look at it from another perspective. Donald Trump has already lost lawsuits for racial discrimination in housing. He's demeaned Hispanics. He's called for a ban on Muslims entering the US. So we are expecting the children of those people to enter the service to protect the country where Trump could be commander in chief. Does that even matter? Let's look up the demographics of the US Military.

http://download.militaryonesource.mil/12038/MOS/Reports/2014-Demographics-Report.pdf

Race/Ethnicity. Less than one-third (31.2%) or 412,070 of Active Duty members identify themselves as a minority (i.e., Black or African American, Asian, American Indian or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, Multi-racial, or Other/Unknown). The percentage of Active Duty members who identify themselves as a minority is greater in 2014 than it was in 1995 (from 28.2% of enlisted members and 10.5% of officers in 1995, to 32.9% of enlisted members and 22.5% of officers in 2014).

Notice no Hispanics are listed. Why is that? Because for some reason I don't understand, the Hispanics are NOT listed separately in military demographics. However, they do have the count of Hispanics in the Military.

Hispanic is not considered a minority race designation and is analyzed separately as an ethnicity. Overall, 12.0 percent of the DoD Active Duty force is of Hispanic ethnicity.

31% is a third. But add in the Hispanics and the number swells to more than 43%. Nearly half of the entire US Military is minorities. What if they stopped joining? Republicans want to keep America "safe", but maligns nearly half the people America depends on to keep us safe. Is that smart?

And how come if over 75% of Americans are white, less than 57% of those in the military are white. We want to depend on minorities to protect us but screw them over after they've been "used"?

I think Trump owes the Kahn family an apology.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is another post where I just watched the interview live so there is no link.

A Donald Trump supporter who said he's a veteran and his sons are in the military, and his father and uncles are all veterans said it was wrong for the Democrats to concentrate on this one family because their son, who was a Muslim, died. He said that once you go into the military, you are a US Soldier and not African American or Hispanic or any other minority and it does a disservice to those in the military. That was his answer to whether or not Trump should apologize. He felt he was looking at the big picture. But was he? Was that really the big picture?

Let's look at it from another perspective. Donald Trump has already lost lawsuits for racial discrimination in housing. He's demeaned Hispanics. He's called for a ban on Muslims entering the US. So we are expecting the children of those people to enter the service to protect the country where Trump could be commander in chief. Does that even matter? Let's look up the demographics of the US Military.

http://download.militaryonesource.mil/12038/MOS/Reports/2014-Demographics-Report.pdf

Race/Ethnicity. Less than one-third (31.2%) or 412,070 of Active Duty members identify themselves as a minority (i.e., Black or African American, Asian, American Indian or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, Multi-racial, or Other/Unknown). The percentage of Active Duty members who identify themselves as a minority is greater in 2014 than it was in 1995 (from 28.2% of enlisted members and 10.5% of officers in 1995, to 32.9% of enlisted members and 22.5% of officers in 2014).

Notice no Hispanics are listed. Why is that? Because for some reason I don't understand, the Hispanics are NOT listed separately in military demographics. However, they do have the count of Hispanics in the Military.

Hispanic is not considered a minority race designation and is analyzed separately as an ethnicity. Overall, 12.0 percent of the DoD Active Duty force is of Hispanic ethnicity.

31% is a third. But add in the Hispanics and the number swells to more than 43%. Nearly half of the entire US Military is minorities. What if they stopped joining? Republicans want to keep America "safe", but maligns nearly half the people America depends on to keep us safe. Is that smart?

And how come if over 75% of Americans are white, less than 57% of those in the military are white. We want to depend on minorities to protect us but screw them over after they've been "used"?

Because America is only 60%+ white and the average white person is almost 50 years old.

That is why the Democrats have a perfect scapegoat in white people, because we are a shrinking, aging population that will not have any political pull in less than a generation.

Because America is only 60%+ white and the average white person is almost 50 years old.

That is why the Democrats have a perfect scapegoat in white people, because we are a shrinking, aging population that will not have any political pull in less than a generation.

The United States Census Bureau defines White people as those "having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa. It includes people who reported "White" or wrote in entries such as Irish, German, Italian, Lebanese, Near Easterner, Arab, or Polish."[14] Whites constitute the majority of the U.S. population, with a total of about 245,532,000 or 77.7% of the population as of 2013.

Demography of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You say 60% of America is white.

The Census Bureau says 77.7%.

Who is right?

Perhaps with so many old white people, we need some young immigrants.

Perhaps with so many old white people, we need some young immigrants.
Or maybe we should stop importing people who were only born because their country doesn't have birth control.

Maybe motherhood should be advertised as a respectable job in America again.

The United States Census Bureau defines White people as those "having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa. It includes people who reported "White" or wrote in entries such as Irish, German, Italian, Lebanese, Near Easterner, Arab, or Polish."[14] Whites constitute the majority of the U.S. population, with a total of about 245,532,000 or 77.7% of the population as of 2013.

Demography of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You say 60% of America is white.

The Census Bureau says 77.7%.

Who is right?
Only those who are of European descent are white.

Just ask "diversity" advocates.

Forum List

Back