Trump supporters: What do you think of this information?

Translation: poster is incapable of independent thought processes.

Are trying claim all those people, including his family is lying?
Oh good God..

We are talking about a side that swears Trump said to drink bleach.
As compared to the other side?
when did they say trump said to drink bleach?

you always love to WHAT ABOUT but you sure hate it done TO you.

So you are ignoring the bulk of the speech to parse out one sentence that was contradicted multiple times by the rest of the speech…really?
I haven’t addressed the speech or anything Trump said, Dragonlady did. I’m just trying to understand the logic of her thinking. Specifically, how telling them to march peacefully to the Capital but not telling them to remain peaceful means he was ordering his followers to go there peacefully but to get violent when they arrived there.

Does this make sense to you?

As for Trump’s speech, I’ve watched the entire thing with the express intent to see for myself if he actually goaded his supporters to attack the Capital.

To begin with, the speech was only seventy minutes, not hours as some here seem to believe. Secondly, during that seventy minutes I didn’t hear him say anything that could be construed as incitement to riot or to attack the Capital.

Well, that's the question.

My argument is that this is not about him, and it's never been about him. This is about a society that is so diseased and so damaged and so desperate that it would even CONSIDER someone like him to run any public office.

This is a cultural, sociological and anthropological issue. And we'd better take it seriously and address it, pretty fuckin' soon.
/———/
10714378-666C-4E3E-9480-36EBEB148054.jpeg

I'll keep this as short and clean as I can. I'll leave everything that led to the attack on Capitol out of it:

We know that...
  1. President Trump sat in the dining room next to the Oval Office for about two hours during the attack on the Capitol
  2. Virtually everyone around him was pleading with him to do whatever it took to stop the attack
  3. A wide variety of political allies were texting his Chief of Staff, pleading with him as well
  4. With the Media Room and national cameras not 60 seconds from him, he refused to act, and instead chose to watch Fox News as it covered the attack
And here's a very, very specific question: What do you think of his refusal? Do you feel it was justified? Do you believe any of the above is fake news?

It's hearsay and it makes no difference what Trump did not do. There is no evidence that Trump told anyone to storm the Capitol and there is no evidence that the Jan 6th protestors were insurrectionists. The Jan 6th committee is not a real hearing it's a dog and pony show trying to indict Trump falsely with a Trump hostile panel and exculpatory evidence dis-allowed.

What calls to violence?

In his rally speech, did he call violence?

or a peaceful protest.
“I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.”

That was the only reference to peace in the entire speech.

Meanwhile he referenced fighting and other statements that implied violent action many more times.

“If you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”

“Let the weak ones get out. This is a time for strength.”

”You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”

“When you catch somebody in a fraud, you are allowed to go by very different rules.”

“You will have an illegitimate president. That is what you will have, and we can’t let that happen.”

We will not let them silence your voices. We're not going to let it happen, I'm not going to let it happen.”

“Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong”

“and Mike Pence, I hope you're going to stand up for the good of our Constitution and for the good of our country. And if you're not, I'm going to be very disappointed in you. I will tell you right now. I'm not hearing good stories.”

You can parse it all you want, and make excuses for him, but at the end of the day it is a lengthy speech of grievance, anger and righteousness. And a call to action that, by the tenor of the speech and the orchestrated ramping up of the mob, is going to be violent.

Kind of hard to find one obscure reference to peaceful in all this.

“I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.”

Meanwhile he referenced fighting and other statements that implied violent action many more times.

“When you catch somebody in a fraud, you are allowed to go by very different rules.”

“You will have an illegitimate president. That is what you will have, and we can’t let that happen.”

We will not let them silence your voices. We're not going to let it happen, I'm not going to let it happen.”

“Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong”

“and Mike Pence, I hope you're going to stand up for the good of our Constitution and for the good of our country. And if you're not, I'm going to be very disappointed in you. I will tell you right now. I'm not hearing good stories.”

You can parse it all you want, and make excuses for him, but at the end of the day it is a lengthy speech of grievance, anger and righteousness. And a call to action that, by the tenor of the speech and the orchestrated ramping up of the mob, is going to be violent.

Trump's speech never urged anyone to storm the Capitol violently. Unlike Chuck Shumer who actually personally threatened SCOTUS' justices saying 'they will never know what hit them.' Or like Maxine Waters urging people to confront Trump supporters in public and get in their faces, etc.

Trump never called for violence nor does 'tenor' mean anything. You are grasping at straws here.

Oh good God..

We are talking about a side that swears Trump said to drink bleach.

when did they say trump said to drink bleach?

you always love to WHAT ABOUT but you sure hate it done TO you.
Oh dear…here we go again.

:rolleyes:
Let’s cut to the chase. Everybody lies...and everybody knows it.

Trump's speech never urged anyone to storm the Capitol violently. Unlike Chuck Shumer who actually personally threatened SCOTUS' justices saying 'they will never know what hit them.' Or like Maxine Waters urging people to confront Trump supporters in public and get in their faces, etc.

Trump never called for violence nor does 'tenor' mean anything. You are grasping at straws here.
Ya…like “fight like hell“ isn’t urging violence while “never know what hit them” is?

What a joke.

That's what you're basing you bullshit on?

He arranged a PROTEST, hun.

NOT an INSURRECTION.

Fake arguments from fake people. Is there really any doubt that if a Dem had done the same thing, Republicans would be flipping out and Dems would be spinning and denying.

I'm to the point that I simply despise partisans. All of you. Suck a tailpipe.

I haven’t addressed the speech or anything Trump said, Dragonlady did. I’m just trying to understand the logic of her thinking. Specifically, how telling them to march peacefully to the Capital but not telling them to remain peaceful means he was ordering his followers to go there peacefully but to get violent when they arrived there.

Does this make sense to you?
What doesn’t make sense is placing so much emphasis on literally one word, that appeared one time in an incredibly long rambling speech that centered on anger, action, fighting, fraud, multiple mentions of illegitimate president and stop the steal, and take back our country. It’s almost like that one line was reluctantly stuck in like a CYA item because it doesn’t fit with the rest of the speech.

What doesn’t make sense is how Trump could rile up a mob like that, dangle Pence over them, and then set them on the Capitol knowing the mob included armed individuals. But then that was the intent and that is the only answer that makes sense.

As for Trump’s speech, I’ve watched the entire thing with the express intent to see for myself if he actually goaded his supporters to attack the Capital.

To begin with, the speech was only seventy minutes, not hours as some here seem to believe. Secondly, during that seventy minutes I didn’t hear him say anything that could be construed as incitement to riot or to attack the Capital.

What doesn’t make sense is placing so much emphasis on literally one word, that appeared one time in an incredibly long rambling speech that centered on anger, action, fighting, fraud, multiple mentions of illegitimate president and stop the steal, and take back our country. It’s almost like that one line was reluctantly stuck in like a CYA item because it doesn’t fit with the rest of the speech.

What doesn’t make sense is how Trump could rile up a mob like that, dangle Pence over them, and then set them on the Capitol knowing the mob included armed individuals. But then that was the intent and that is the only answer that makes sense.
what doesn't make sense is how people see what they want to see at the expense of everything else.

Ya…like “fight like hell“ isn’t urging violence while “never know what hit them” is?
mad max says a hell of a lot worse.

never say your give a shitter go off there.

like i said, you hear what you want to hear and nothing else will sway that.

fight like hell in this case is up there with drink bleach. he said something and you heard something else and will swear to your grave he meant what YOU say he meant, not what he said he meant.

when you hate someone bad enough, it warps everything else so you can validate that hate.

such a strange emotion some simply can't look past.

Forum List

Back