Trump tells court he had no duty to 'support' the Constitution as president

Former President Donald Trump is arguing to a judge in Colorado that he was not required to "support" the Constitution as president, reported Brandi Buchman from Law & Crime.

The argument came as he seeks to dismiss a lawsuit filed in the state by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), seeking to have him disqualified from the ballot in the state under the 14th Amendment. The Insurrection Clause of the amendment prohibits those who have "engaged in insurrection" against the United States from holding a civil, military, or elected office without unless a two-thirds majority of the House and Senate approve.

But Trump's lawyers are arguing that the specific language of the Constitution argues that this requirement only applies to people in offices who are bound to "support" the Constitution — and the presidency is not one of those offices.

This is totally bizarre! If the President of the United States isn't required to support the Constitution - then who is? What do you think?
Total bullshit.

Of course it is.
It’s a distinction without a difference. A losers defense.

Is giving aid or comfort to insurrectionists preserving, protecting and defending the constitution?
Of course not. Especially when the insurrectionists were operating at the president’s request and according to his plans.
That is all that matters.
I thought you liberals supported the right to protest.

This shit is why Trump lost in 2020 among crimes committed at the ballot box.

He lost election, got twice impeached and now 4 times indicted because he is a piece of crap.

Yet you'll blame everyone but the man himself.

NF7w.gif

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

:biggrin:
LIE LIE LIE!

Ok, so firstly, your title is misleading, trump himself didn’t say this, it was his lawyers, just for clarification.

Secondly, where did rawstory get the article, they only link to a tweet by some other lady who has a segment of some text but doesn’t really say where she got it from. Does anyone have a link to the actual full text of the filing document that his lawyers filed?

Also, rawstory is the only one to run this story?
An attorney does not say anything that his client has not approved. In the eyes of the law, a client is responsible for their attorneys, actions, and words.

He lost election, got twice impeached and now 4 times indicted because he is a piece of crap.

Yet you'll blame everyone but the man himself.
I still believe Trump was robbed. The criminals of the DNC enacted clever plots then defended their crimes. Impeaching is a nothing. Forget that. He was not found guilty. And the indictments are failing as well.

I blame the media for working with the Democrats to keep Trump from winning. The media is worse than Russia since they are considered good. But they smell rotten.

Former President Donald Trump is arguing to a judge in Colorado that he was not required to "support" the Constitution as president, reported Brandi Buchman from Law & Crime.

The argument came as he seeks to dismiss a lawsuit filed in the state by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), seeking to have him disqualified from the ballot in the state under the 14th Amendment. The Insurrection Clause of the amendment prohibits those who have "engaged in insurrection" against the United States from holding a civil, military, or elected office without unless a two-thirds majority of the House and Senate approve.

But Trump's lawyers are arguing that the specific language of the Constitution argues that this requirement only applies to people in offices who are bound to "support" the Constitution — and the presidency is not one of those offices.

This is totally bizarre! If the President of the United States isn't required to support the Constitution - then who is? What do you think?
This is too funny!

Forum List

Back