Trump, the GOP and 2018

You realize that "dumping" him would fuck up the entire country, perhaps irreversibly, right?
Impeachment? I dunno. If this were 50/50 and there were no Republicans/Conservatives who didn't like Trump, maybe. Of course, if that were the case, there wouldn't be votes for impeachment in the first place and it would never happen. This would all be moot.

But my (wild ass) guess is that there are quite a few Republicans/Conservatives who would like to see it happen, get Pence in there, and try to calm things down. That's the point of the thread, really, and no doubt some are making that calculation right now.

I still think impeachment is unlikely barring outright treason

Trump will find a fall guy to take the blame for whatever the investigation digs up. Trump will go into full Reagan mode....I don't remember, I didn't know, somebody else did it.....Where is Oliver North when you need him?

Here's one fact on which (hopefully, who knows) we can all agree: As of this writing, the 2018 elections are a little less than 18 months away.

If you are a GOP congressperson and you think Trump is now irreparably damaged (or worse) -- I know, talk radio won't entertain that possibility, but you have your comfy congressional job to save -- wouldn't it be better to just get this over with, and try to (a) stop the bleeding and (b) try to regain some party momentum for 2018 by dumping the guy?

The numbers say Trump can't be impeached, but that's only if the GOP hangs together. I think we all know a professional politician's first priority is not the country or their constituents, it's re-election.

Isn't it just time to get this over with and try to regain your 2016 mojo before the 2018 elections?

i'm more concerned at the the precedence we set if we stomp our foot and toss out elected officials cause hollywood hates them. cause liberals must have their way. and hell, just because "mob mentality".

as long as liberals are willing to make up RUSSIA crap and shit it out daily like a regular turd then whatever they're mad at needs to stay for no other reason than they need to realize you don't always get what you want and at times, you need to work with people you don't like or agree with for the greater good.

not mental masturbation participation.
my problem ice is when info linking repubs with russia in a bad way all your republicans circle their wagons and claim it's all lies and everyone is out to get them like you just did

kinda like dems circle the wagons and say hillary is just misunderstood.

and if you have actual verified info - lay it on me. to date all i hear is people say it's out there yet, "investigation" so we don't know what it is. that alone means you have zero idea what they DO have, or you could link it up.

when you can apply your 1 sided logic to both sides, we'll talk. til then, don't see much of a need.
Reuters....flynn in touch with russians to set a back channel of communications that security wouldn't be able to check on between trump and putin,,,,,now tell us how hill and obama were traitors too

you gonna let me do my side of this discussion or just talk to yourself? if you want to talk to yourself and just argue for the sake of arguing, i'm out. not playing little reindeer-trolling games.

The Dems are going to get slaughtered in 2018.

They have no ideas.

They already were told by The NSA, CIA, FBI, Director of National Intelligence and The Treasury Department that there is Zero Evidence of Russian Collusion.

They still persist in promoting the False Narrative they KNOW IS FALSE.

Now they are going to have their noses rubbed in it by a highly respected, impartial no nonsense Independent Special Council, and many of The Dem Operatives loyal to Obama and Clinton who engaged in all of this Felonious Behavior are going to go down and never get up again.

Dems should get slaughtered
They normally do poorly in midterms, Republicans are only defending nine Senate seats with most being in solid red states, the Republicans have an unbreakable Gerrymander in the House...

But Democrats are going to rerun the GOP playbook....Make the election a referendum on Trump. Bury the Republicans with Trumpcare. Keep the scandals coming showing Republicans and Trump are inept

LOL, good luck with that. by the 18 elections, the new healthcare bill will be passed and people will see how much better off they are under it. new tax rates will put more money in working people's pockets, and jobs will be increasing as companies expand and new companies move to the USA.

the far left that is the dem party of today will continue to crumble like Pelosi's face. The party of Kennedy and Truman has been destroyed by the Clintons and Obama.

You realize that "dumping" him would fuck up the entire country, perhaps irreversibly, right?
Impeachment? I dunno. If this were 50/50 and there were no Republicans/Conservatives who didn't like Trump, maybe. Of course, if that were the case, there wouldn't be votes for impeachment in the first place and it would never happen. This would all be moot.

But my (wild ass) guess is that there are quite a few Republicans/Conservatives who would like to see it happen, get Pence in there, and try to calm things down. That's the point of the thread, really, and no doubt some are making that calculation right now.

Trump will find a fall guy to take the blame for whatever the investigation digs up. Trump will go into full Reagan mode....I don't remember, I didn't know, somebody else did it.....Where is Oliver North when you need him?

Similar to Clinton when he just couldn't recall like 300 times.

you mean like

"depends on what the definition of "is" is"
"we landed under sniper fire"
"I never had sex with that woman, mIss Lewinski"
"She was extremely careless"

that kind of bullshit?

Here's one fact on which (hopefully, who knows) we can all agree: As of this writing, the 2018 elections are a little less than 18 months away.

If you are a GOP congressperson and you think Trump is now irreparably damaged (or worse) -- I know, talk radio won't entertain that possibility, but you have your comfy congressional job to save -- wouldn't it be better to just get this over with, and try to (a) stop the bleeding and (b) try to regain some party momentum for 2018 by dumping the guy?

The numbers say Trump can't be impeached, but that's only if the GOP hangs together. I think we all know a professional politician's first priority is not the country or their constituents, it's re-election.

Isn't it just time to get this over with and try to regain your 2016 mojo before the 2018 elections?

i'm more concerned at the the precedence we set if we stomp our foot and toss out elected officials cause hollywood hates them. cause liberals must have their way. and hell, just because "mob mentality".

as long as liberals are willing to make up RUSSIA crap and shit it out daily like a regular turd then whatever they're mad at needs to stay for no other reason than they need to realize you don't always get what you want and at times, you need to work with people you don't like or agree with for the greater good.

not mental masturbation participation.
my problem ice is when info linking repubs with russia in a bad way all your republicans circle their wagons and claim it's all lies and everyone is out to get them like you just did

kinda like dems circle the wagons and say hillary is just misunderstood.

and if you have actual verified info - lay it on me. to date all i hear is people say it's out there yet, "investigation" so we don't know what it is. that alone means you have zero idea what they DO have, or you could link it up.

when you can apply your 1 sided logic to both sides, we'll talk. til then, don't see much of a need.
Reuters....flynn in touch with russians to set a back channel of communications that security wouldn't be able to check on between trump and putin,,,,,now tell us how hill and obama were traitors too

you gonna let me do my side of this discussion or just talk to yourself? if you want to talk to yourself and just argue for the sake of arguing, i'm out. not playing little reindeer-trolling games.
I'm not arguing Just asked you to check Reuters this morning ..BUT if you want me to believe half the bs about Hillary including Benghazi that repubs tried to pin on her I won't be bothering you again

Doing so would compound their previous betrayals of their base and end the GOP as a national party.
Yeah, they're in a tough position right now if they're not really thrilled with him.

If the GOP loses a third of it's support, then they never win again.

And the Establishment should be thinking about how to dig itself out of the hole they dug by trying to steal the primary from Trump, not to mention a significant portion of them siding with FUCKING HILLARY.

Instead of digging it deeper.

You really want people like RW and Guno to have uncontested control over this country? Because we you are suggesting is how we get there, FAST.
My fear since the day he was elected was that he would screw up (or be PERCEIVED to screw up, your choice) so quickly and so badly that the Democratic party would have no need to go through its badly needed Reformation, and that his failure would usher the Regressive Left right into power.

Right now, so far, that's how it's playing out, so I'm pretty freakin' horrified by the whole thing.

They have no ideas.

They already were told by The NSA, CIA, FBI, Director of National Intelligence and The Treasury Department that there is Zero Evidence of Russian Collusion.

Now they are going to have their noses rubbed in it by a highly respected, impartial no nonsense Independent Special Council, and many of The Dem Operatives loyal to Obama and Clinton who engaged in all of this Felonious Behavior are going to go down and never get up again.

They normally do poorly in midterms, Republicans are only defending nine Senate seats with most being in solid red states, the Republicans have an unbreakable Gerrymander in the House...

But Democrats are going to rerun the GOP playbook....Make the election a referendum on Trump. Bury the Republicans with Trumpcare. Keep the scandals coming showing Republicans and Trump are inept

THe only question is, will your propaganda work better in 2018 then it did in 2016.

In 2016....Republicans had promises

Kill Obamacare, indict Hillary, balance the budget, tax reform, the wall, jobs, jobs, jobs

In 2018 when they have to show what they have accomplished....the voters will ask...What Happened?
Fool me once....

obamacare has been killed
hillary may escape since we have one set of laws for politicians and another set for us
tax reform is coming
the wall is being built
jobs are increasing

you were fooled by Obama and Clinton, and like the fool that you are, you continue to be fooled by them.

Doing so would compound their previous betrayals of their base and end the GOP as a national party.
Yeah, they're in a tough position right now if they're not really thrilled with him.

And the Establishment should be thinking about how to dig itself out of the hole they dug by trying to steal the primary from Trump, not to mention a significant portion of them siding with FUCKING HILLARY.

You really want people like RW and Guno to have uncontested control over this country? Because we you are suggesting is how we get there, FAST.
My fear since the day he was elected was that he would screw up (or be PERCEIVED to screw up, your choice) so quickly and so badly that the Democratic party would have no need to go through its badly needed Reformation, and that his failure would usher the Regressive Left right into power.

Right now, so far, that's how it's playing out, so I'm pretty freakin' horrified by the whole thing.

that is the media line, don't buy into it. Trump is doing just fine.

lol just fine?? market off about 300 yesterday because people think they have a crooked con man in the wh? his policies aren't all bad I'll give you that but this bs with flynn only means one thing to me ...he's trying to get flynn to not give anything away anything that might get him impeached

They have no ideas.

LOL, good luck with that. by the 18 elections, the new healthcare bill will be passed and people will see how much better off they are under it. new tax rates will put more money in working people's pockets, and jobs will be increasing as companies expand and new companies move to the USA.

the far left that is the dem party of today will continue to crumble like Pelosi's face. The party of Kennedy and Truman has been destroyed by the Clintons and Obama.

That's the rub.......People BETTER see a better plan than what they have. If the Republicans do not deliver on what they promise, they will pay a political price.....just like the Democrats did
Healthcare....you break it, you bought it

Tax reform? Better be revenue neutral or Republicans have to answer for debt

Oh yes....jobs?
Republicans were going to not just bring jobs but bring manufacturing jobs, jobs back from China, coal mining jobs
They don't deliver they have to answer to the rust belt they took from the Democrats

They have no ideas.

THe only question is, will your propaganda work better in 2018 then it did in 2016.

In 2016....Republicans had promises

Kill Obamacare, indict Hillary, balance the budget, tax reform, the wall, jobs, jobs, jobs

In 2018 when they have to show what they have accomplished....the voters will ask...What Happened?
Fool me once....

obamacare has been killed
hillary may escape since we have one set of laws for politicians and another set for us
tax reform is coming
the wall is being built
jobs are increasing

you were fooled by Obama and Clinton, and like the fool that you are, you continue to be fooled by them.

Obamacare is still the law of the land....Republicans still don't have a replacement and what they have so far is Obamacare lite
Tax reform is a fantasy unless Republicans can do it without impacting debt
The wall is a fantasy...where are the plans? Where is Mexico going to pay for it?
Jobs? Where are the manufacturing jobs? What happened to repealing NAFTA? Where are the coal mining jobs?

by the same token, if he's as horrible as people say, they wouldn't need to make things up on a regular basis and call it duty.
That's a broad statement. What is made up?

Hutch Starskey said:
If you're referring to the investigations, they are progressing toward indictments.
SPECULATION

Hutch Starskey said:
The scope has more than likely moved beyond mere collusion and into an organized crime and espionage focus.
SPECULATION

Hutch Starskey said:
Congratulations on answering your own question.

What is the purpose of a grand jury again?

The fact that multiple grand jury proceedings have begun shows quite clearly that there is not only evidence but that evidence is under scrutiny for possible criminality. If that is found to be the case. Indictments will follow.
Since when has anybody empaneled a Grand Jury to examine an indictment of President Big Mouth or any members of his official campaign or current members of his Administration? So far the only GJ I'm aware of is pursuant to Flynn's alleged malfeasance which is independent of any allegations of Trump Campaign collusion with Russia or any of the other allegations that have been leveled against the current Administration.

It's time that you reassess your position.
You must be looking in the mirror since your position is one that has apparently conflated Flynn's problems with the broader investigation surrounding election interference, collusion and other allegations of wrongdoing aimed at the Trump Administration and the Trump Campaign.
CNN exclusive: Grand jury subpoenas issued in FBI's Russia investigation - CNNPolitics.com

"The Flynn inquiry is one piece of the broader investigation, which FBI Director James Comey testified in a Senate hearing last week is led jointly by the Alexandria US Attorney's Office and the Justice Department's National Security Division."
Ummm.. yeah that's what I figured; the problem with your position is two fold

1. The GJ in question has been empaneled pursuant to an investigatory function not a charging one, thus there is no reason to believe that any indictments are imminent until the investigation is complete.
2. The only confirmed connection between the Flynn investigation and the Russian-Collusion probe is that the subpoenas were issued by Dana Boente's office who is the U.S. Attorney in charge of National Security Investigations and thus is the lead for all of the "Russia related " investigations (including collusion and election tampering).

CNN hasn't provided anything (that I've seen) to verify its assertion that they're part of the Russia-Trump Campaign Collusion investigation and it really doesn't make any sense that it would be since the allegations against Flynn involve his personal conduct outside of any functions to do with the Trumpster Campaign.

Personally I suspect it's likely that Flynn will be indicted since the evidence of illegality that has been exposed so far appears strong but it's FAR too early to expect that to happen any time soon

You can attempt to minimize this as insignificant but that won't last long.
Who's attempting to "minimize" anything? I'm just trying to get the facts straight instead of doing what all the partisan munchkins are doing, namely speculating & fabricating.

Hutch Starskey said:
If you're referring to the investigations, they are progressing toward indictments.
SPECULATION

Hutch Starskey said:
The scope has more than likely moved beyond mere collusion and into an organized crime and espionage focus.
SPECULATION

Hutch Starskey said:

The fact that multiple grand jury proceedings have begun shows quite clearly that there is not only evidence but that evidence is under scrutiny for possible criminality. If that is found to be the case. Indictments will follow.
Since when has anybody empaneled a Grand Jury to examine an indictment of President Big Mouth or any members of his official campaign or current members of his Administration? So far the only GJ I'm aware of is pursuant to Flynn's alleged malfeasance which is independent of any allegations of Trump Campaign collusion with Russia or any of the other allegations that have been leveled against the current Administration.

You must be looking in the mirror since your position is one that has apparently conflated Flynn's problems with the broader investigation surrounding election interference, collusion and other allegations of wrongdoing aimed at the Trump Administration and the Trump Campaign.
CNN exclusive: Grand jury subpoenas issued in FBI's Russia investigation - CNNPolitics.com

"The Flynn inquiry is one piece of the broader investigation, which FBI Director James Comey testified in a Senate hearing last week is led jointly by the Alexandria US Attorney's Office and the Justice Department's National Security Division."

1. The GJ in question has been empaneled pursuant to an investigatory function not a charging one, thus there is no reason to believe that any indictments are imminent until the investigation is complete.
2. The only confirmed connection between the Flynn investigation and the Russian-Collusion probe is that the subpoenas were issued by Dana Boente's office who is the U.S. Attorney in charge of National Security Investigations and thus is the lead for all of the "Russia related " investigations (including collusion and election tampering).

CNN hasn't provided anything (that I've seen) to verify its assertion that they're part of the Russia-Trump Campaign Collusion investigation and it really doesn't make any sense that it would be since the allegations against Flynn involve his personal conduct outside of any functions to do with the Trumpster Campaign.

Personally I suspect it's likely that Flynn will be indicted since the evidence of illegality that has been exposed so far appears strong but it's FAR too early to expect that to happen any time soon

Who's attempting to "minimize" anything? I'm just trying to get the facts straight instead of doing what all the partisan munchkins are doing, namely speculating & fabricating.

18 documented cases of contact between team Trump and the Russians

Trump.....You got some splain'n to do

SPECULATION

SPECULATION

RIGHT WINGER check out the bypass comment
y Ned Parker, Jonathan Landay and Warren Strobel | WASHINGTON
Michael Flynn and other advisers to Donald Trump’s campaign were in contact with Russian officials and others with Kremlin ties in at least 18 calls and emails during the last seven months of the 2016 presidential race, current and former U.S. officials familiar with the exchanges told Reuters.

The previously undisclosed interactions form part of the record now being reviewed by FBI and congressional investigators probing Russian interference in the U.S. presidential election and contacts between Trump’s campaign and Russia.

Six of the previously undisclosed contacts described to Reuters were phone calls between Sergei Kislyak, Russia's ambassador to the United States, and Trump advisers, including Flynn, Trump’s first national security adviser, three current and former officials said.

Conversations between Flynn and Kislyak accelerated after the Nov. 8 vote as the two discussed establishing a back channel for communication between Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin that could bypass the U.S. national security bureaucracy, which both sides considered hostile to improved relations, four current U.S. officials said.

In January, the Trump White House initially denied any contacts with Russian officials during the 2016 campaign. The White House and advisers to the campaign have since confirmed four meetings between Kislyak and Trump advisers during that time.

The people who described the contacts to Reuters said they had seen no evidence of wrongdoing or collusion between the campaign and Russia in the communications reviewed so far. But the disclosure could increase the pressure on Trump and his aides to provide the FBI and Congress with a full account of interactions with Russian officials and others with links to the Kremlin during and immediately after the 2016 election.

The White House did not respond to requests for comment. Flynn's lawyer declined to comment. In Moscow, a Russian foreign ministry official declined to comment on the contacts and referred Reuters to the Trump administration.

lol just fine?? market off about 300 yesterday because people think they have a crooked con man in the wh? his policies aren't all bad I'll give you that but this bs with flynn only means one thing to me ...he's trying to get flynn to not give anything away anything that might get him impeached

a one day drop, and its back up today. BFD. Trump fired Flynn because he lied to the VP. If one of your employees lies, are you liable? you dems are so desperate that you are making yourselves look like circus clowns.

SPECULATION

SPECULATION

Holy shit, Trump talked to the Russians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy shit, the sky is falling !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good thing that Obama and Hillary never talked to the Russians---------------oh, wait.

a one day drop, and its back up today. BFD. Trump fired Flynn because he lied to the VP. If one of your employees lies, are you liable? you dems are so desperate that you are making yourselves look like circus clowns.
300 down 50 up?......and trump knew flynn was being investigated and still put him on

Holy shit, Trump talked to the Russians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy shit, the sky is falling !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good thing that Obama and Hillary never talked to the Russians---------------oh, wait.
About bypassing security by trump with his buddy Putin?? You go along with that ?? And trump didn't want to get rid of Flynn He has the goods on trump and trump was protecting him as the comey deal makes clear

Yeah, that's a good point. A dangerous precedent. My personal nightmare scenario is playing out in real time: Trump is in such trouble so quickly that the Democrat party won't even NEED to go through its badly-needed Reformation. The Regressive Left is now waiting in the wings, licking its chops.

But whether I'm right or wrong, we're talking about professional politicians here. Trump either helps their re-election chances or hurts them, and that's their primary calculus.

Trump has put the Republicans in a terrible spot at the same time the Democrats are losing points because they are all over Trump for anything he does and the average American is tired of it all. So this could hurt both parties and I can see a third party candidate doing well in 2020.

Forum List

Back