Trump, the GOP and 2018

The problem for Trump and his fans is, they asked for this.

They cheer Trump when he's the bull in the china shop, when he insults the very media that presents him to the public, when he says and "tweets" things that would embarrass most reasonable adults, when he acts like a spoiled 15-year old kid. They love it. They call this behavior "bluntness", even though it doesn't rise to that level.

Meanwhile, the Regressive Left is loving every minute of it, waiting in the wings, knowing that it probably won't need to change one damn thing about the way it behaves.

If what you warn against comes to fruition, Trump and his fans will be complicit.
i think it's more they accepted the bad with the good and it wasn't hillary.

and i don't know too many people who love his bullshit. the last few times i've seen him give speeches the applause was smattering at best and you could see the hurt look on his face.

like i said - he craves attention. quit giving it to him and he's likely to just leave and go elsewhere.

as for the left - they're 100% feeding the machine of hate. i don't believe for a minute they're waiting for trump to do himself in through all this. they're having the time of their life protesting for what is "real" even though they don't know what it is.
If that's the case, if they really don't like his behaviors, then they're just lying. Look around this board and you'll see a zillion examples of it. Say something about his behavior and they go OFF. That's partisan politics, dishonest to its core.

Sure, the Left is loving this, they want as much destruction as possible, as soon as possible. And Trump isn't disappointing them.
oh i see the examples. i put those in the extremists on both sides. you see, i also look around and find you. oldlady and several others that while on the "other side" you work to put objectivity and respect to others in as much as your opinions. that's there too. you can't swing a dead cat in a rodeo w/o hitting some clown being an asswhipe.

that doesn't mean the world is full of clowns, just that they're loud and seem more than they are. in my few days here i just ignored anyone doing the "you're a pussy" shit right off the bat and i just don't see the noise as much.
That's the key here: The crazies have the microphone. I've chewed on this for a long time, and I don't know how to get it away from them, and that worries me.

You'd think it would be doable: A few brave leaders (political, social, even sports & entertainment) come together and start a movement in the opposite direction from where we're headed. It just ain't happening.

Let me tell you what I KNOW right now, and it is obvious---------> The people who voted for Trump have smoke coming out their ears, and so do a few Democrats who see this as an assault on the Republic. If things keep going just the way they are without any revelations, just innuendos, the Democrats are going to get SMOKED in 18.

Leftists do not get it, this isn't about Trump......this is about EVERYTHING they pull. Doubt me? Ask people!

The left has Trumps base in a total lather, AND people who believe in the constitution, even many who do not really like Trump. The word impeachment is rampant, isn't it. You know what word I hear more? COUP! The Democrats are going to pay in 18 big, unless something changes, just ask the heartland, AGAIN. (unlike us, you people didn't ask them and thought Hilly was a shoe in, and you aren't asking again)

I am here to tell you AGAIN, unless something changes where they can actually show Trump colluded himself, the Democrats are going to get rolled out of existence except for a few states in 18. And with any kind of luck, the weak Republicans will get primaried and removed before the general. I doubted the data I was getting for the Presidential election, I won't do it AGAIN! As of now, the Democrats are done unless something changes!
60% of the people oppose Trump
The press is doing its job. Exposing government ineptness and corruption

and i don't know too many people who love his bullshit. the last few times i've seen him give speeches the applause was smattering at best and you could see the hurt look on his face.

like i said - he craves attention. quit giving it to him and he's likely to just leave and go elsewhere.

as for the left - they're 100% feeding the machine of hate. i don't believe for a minute they're waiting for trump to do himself in through all this. they're having the time of their life protesting for what is "real" even though they don't know what it is.
If that's the case, if they really don't like his behaviors, then they're just lying. Look around this board and you'll see a zillion examples of it. Say something about his behavior and they go OFF. That's partisan politics, dishonest to its core.

Sure, the Left is loving this, they want as much destruction as possible, as soon as possible. And Trump isn't disappointing them.
oh i see the examples. i put those in the extremists on both sides. you see, i also look around and find you. oldlady and several others that while on the "other side" you work to put objectivity and respect to others in as much as your opinions. that's there too. you can't swing a dead cat in a rodeo w/o hitting some clown being an asswhipe.

that doesn't mean the world is full of clowns, just that they're loud and seem more than they are. in my few days here i just ignored anyone doing the "you're a pussy" shit right off the bat and i just don't see the noise as much.
That's the key here: The crazies have the microphone. I've chewed on this for a long time, and I don't know how to get it away from them, and that worries me.

You'd think it would be doable: A few brave leaders (political, social, even sports & entertainment) come together and start a movement in the opposite direction from where we're headed. It just ain't happening.

Let me tell you what I KNOW right now, and it is obvious---------> The people who voted for Trump have smoke coming out their ears, and so do a few Democrats who see this as an assault on the Republic. If things keep going just the way they are without any revelations, just innuendos, the Democrats are going to get SMOKED in 18.

Leftists do not get it, this isn't about Trump......this is about EVERYTHING they pull. Doubt me? Ask people!

The left has Trumps base in a total lather, AND people who believe in the constitution, even many who do not really like Trump. The word impeachment is rampant, isn't it. You know what word I hear more? COUP! The Democrats are going to pay in 18 big, unless something changes, just ask the heartland, AGAIN. (unlike us, you people didn't ask them and thought Hilly was a shoe in, and you aren't asking again)

I am here to tell you AGAIN, unless something changes where they can actually show Trump colluded himself, the Democrats are going to get rolled out of existence except for a few states in 18. And with any kind of luck, the weak Republicans will get primaried and removed before the general. I doubted the data I was getting for the Presidential election, I won't do it AGAIN! As of now, the Democrats are done unless something changes!
where the hell were they the last 8 years?

President Obama left office with a 60% approval rating. Historians have ranked him as the 12th best President
He also had one of the most scandal free presidency in modern times

Last edited:
The problem for Trump and his fans is, they asked for this.

They cheer Trump when he's the bull in the china shop, when he insults the very media that presents him to the public, when he says and "tweets" things that would embarrass most reasonable adults, when he acts like a spoiled 15-year old kid. They love it. They call this behavior "bluntness", even though it doesn't rise to that level.

Meanwhile, the Regressive Left is loving every minute of it, waiting in the wings, knowing that it probably won't need to change one damn thing about the way it behaves.

If what you warn against comes to fruition, Trump and his fans will be complicit.

I'm terrible at predicting political stuff, but my guess would be that we'll know what congressional Republicans are seeing in their internal polling by their behavior towards Trump going forward. If they perceive him to be an albatross, we'll know it.

President Obama left office with a 60% approval rating. Historians have ranked him as the 12th best President
ask sharyl attkisson about 5hat.

?

?
shes the one who busted obama for fast n furious,n wound up getting told to stop it than hacked.

yea. st obama.

?
shes the one who busted obama for fast n furious,n wound up getting told to stop it than hacked.

yea. st obama.
Fast and furious?
Investigated to death and nothing found

?

yea. st obama.
Fast and furious?
that happens when you tell people to quit it.

?

yea. st obama.
Fast and furious?
El Chapo’s Capture Puts ‘Operation Fast and Furious’ Back in the Headlines

feel free to look up what obama did to sharyl attkisson

Here's one fact on which (hopefully, who knows) we can all agree: As of this writing, the 2018 elections are a little less than 18 months away.

If you are a GOP congressperson and you think Trump is now irreparably damaged (or worse) -- I know, talk radio won't entertain that possibility, but you have your comfy congressional job to save -- wouldn't it be better to just get this over with, and try to (a) stop the bleeding and (b) try to regain some party momentum for 2018 by dumping the guy?

The numbers say Trump can't be impeached, but that's only if the GOP hangs together. I think we all know a professional politician's first priority is not the country or their constituents, it's re-election.

Isn't it just time to get this over with and try to regain your 2016 mojo before the 2018 elections?
If they're smart (a big if I realize), they'll make sure they have an archive of all the name-calling, hate-mongering, temper-tantrum, hissy-fit's that the media has been tossing out there for the past six months.

Then expose them for the haters they are and the Russian like election interference they are engaged in.

After all, even those who are not conservative but voted for Trump over Hillary aren't going to enjoy being called the names that the progressives have been using.

Just point out that this is what the establishment REALLY thinks of them.

Here's one fact on which (hopefully, who knows) we can all agree: As of this writing, the 2018 elections are a little less than 18 months away.

If you are a GOP congressperson and you think Trump is now irreparably damaged (or worse) -- I know, talk radio won't entertain that possibility, but you have your comfy congressional job to save -- wouldn't it be better to just get this over with, and try to (a) stop the bleeding and (b) try to regain some party momentum for 2018 by dumping the guy?

The numbers say Trump can't be impeached, but that's only if the GOP hangs together. I think we all know a professional politician's first priority is not the country or their constituents, it's re-election.

Isn't it just time to get this over with and try to regain your 2016 mojo before the 2018 elections?

Considering that 3.5 months of Trump has been like 8 years of any other previous president, and his penchant for free-range dementia and wild-eyed accusations via Tweet are unending, I'd just do what the White House staff is doing: circulate my resume and get a new job NOW before I get a subpoena instead.

Considering that 3.5 months of Trump has been like 8 years of any other previous president, and his penchant for free-range dementia and wild-eyed accusations via Tweet are unending, I'd just do what the White House staff is doing: circulate my resume and get a new job NOW before I get a subpoena instead.
I have no doubt they realize they're stuck with this weird Hulk Hogan/Chauncey Gardner hybrid, and I'd love to be a fly on their wall as they and their campaign try to figure out how to walk the electoral tightrope in '18.

I'll bet you this: Trump's chances of impeachment depend on whether congressional Republicans decide he's just too big a liability in '18.

?

yea. st obama.
Fast and furious?
that happens when you tell people to quit it.
Fast and Furious
is that the best you have against Obama?

?

yea. st obama.
Fast and furious?
El Chapo’s Capture Puts ‘Operation Fast and Furious’ Back in the Headlines

feel free to look up what obama did to sharyl attkisson
Do your own research

Fast and Furious was a condemnation of lax gun laws in Arizona

Under what grounds would you impeach him? It would fracture the party further I think because it would drag out, get very ugly and might not have the desired outcome.
Well, that's really the question. Given the fact that these people just care about their own re-election, would they go after to him to save their butts?

I think some - both Republicans and Democrats - really care about this country and their constituents. I do believe that. What I hope is that they will act to allow the investigation to conclude unhampored, refrain from diverting it into other areas, and accept the conclusions.

The presidents powers are limited. So I hope that Congress takes it's job seriously. Don't know what else to say accept...

never in my life had I seen or expected something like this.

Forum List

Back