Trump, the GOP and 2018

as long as liberals are willing to make up RUSSIA crap and shit it out daily like a regular turd
and i can count on you to be objective in your views.
got it.
4i6Ckte.gif

Now, hopefully the Democrats will nominate someone sensible and moderate to go up against President Pence
I can't see Democrats allowing Pence to become POTUS, as a complicit actor in this conspiracy. It's either be Ryan or a special election.
far as i know they have no choice in the matter. they had their op to put in who they wanted and lost.

Now, hopefully the Democrats will nominate someone sensible and moderate to go up against President Pence
I can't see Democrats allowing Pence to become POTUS, as a complicit actor in this conspiracy. It's either be Ryan or a special election.
far as i know they have no choice in the matter. they had their op to put in who they wanted and lost.
Pence is part of the coverup. He was the head of the transition team that allowed Flynn to become NSA.

Here's one fact on which (hopefully, who knows) we can all agree: As of this writing, the 2018 elections are a little less than 18 months away.

If you are a GOP congressperson and you think Trump is now irreparably damaged (or worse) -- I know, talk radio won't entertain that possibility, but you have your comfy congressional job to save -- wouldn't it be better to just get this over with, and try to (a) stop the bleeding and (b) try to regain some party momentum for 2018 by dumping the guy?

The numbers say Trump can't be impeached, but that's only if the GOP hangs together. I think we all know a professional politician's first priority is not the country or their constituents, it's re-election.

Isn't it just time to get this over with and try to regain your 2016 mojo before the 2018 elections?
Congressional Republicans are heartened by record setting fund raising month after month as the fractured Democratic Party continues to babble about the bogus FBI investigation and its fantasies of overthrowing the President the people elected.

Pence is part of the coverup. He was the head of the transition team that allowed Flynn to become NSA.
ah - THAT cover up.

you dems got so many going on i lose track.

What is the purpose of a grand jury again?

The fact that multiple grand jury proceedings have begun shows quite clearly that there is not only evidence but that evidence is under scrutiny for possible criminality. If that is found to be the case. Indictments will follow.
Since when has anybody empaneled a Grand Jury to examine an indictment of President Big Mouth or any members of his official campaign or current members of his Administration? So far the only GJ I'm aware of is pursuant to Flynn's alleged malfeasance which is independent of any allegations of Trump Campaign collusion with Russia or any of the other allegations that have been leveled against the current Administration.

It's time that you reassess your position.
You must be looking in the mirror since your position is one that has apparently conflated Flynn's problems with the broader investigation surrounding election interference, collusion and other allegations of wrongdoing aimed at the Trump Administration and the Trump Campaign.
CNN exclusive: Grand jury subpoenas issued in FBI's Russia investigation - CNNPolitics.com

"The Flynn inquiry is one piece of the broader investigation, which FBI Director James Comey testified in a Senate hearing last week is led jointly by the Alexandria US Attorney's Office and the Justice Department's National Security Division."
Ummm.. yeah that's what I figured; the problem with your position is two fold

1. The GJ in question has been empaneled pursuant to an investigatory function not a charging one, thus there is no reason to believe that any indictments are imminent until the investigation is complete.
2. The only confirmed connection between the Flynn investigation and the Russian-Collusion probe is that the subpoenas were issued by Dana Boente's office who is the U.S. Attorney in charge of National Security Investigations and thus is the lead for all of the "Russia related " investigations (including collusion and election tampering).

CNN hasn't provided anything (that I've seen) to verify its assertion that they're part of the Russia-Trump Campaign Collusion investigation and it really doesn't make any sense that it would be since the allegations against Flynn involve his personal conduct outside of any functions to do with the Trumpster Campaign.

Personally I suspect it's likely that Flynn will be indicted since the evidence of illegality that has been exposed so far appears strong but it's FAR too early to expect that to happen any time soon

You can attempt to minimize this as insignificant but that won't last long.
Who's attempting to "minimize" anything? I'm just trying to get the facts straight instead of doing what all the partisan munchkins are doing, namely speculating & fabricating.

18 documented cases of contact between team Trump and the Russians

Trump.....You got some splain'n to do

Holy shit, Trump talked to the Russians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy shit, the sky is falling !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good thing that Obama and Hillary never talked to the Russians---------------oh, wait.

If Trump discussed the weather and his golf game with the Russians, he has nothing to worry about
If he was discussing national policy before becoming President, he has violated many laws
If he discussed trading future policy concessions in return for information to help him win the Presidency....he has committed Treason

This is not a "propaganda campaign" nor is it fake news. Trump has publicly admitted to firing Comey because of the "Russia thing". That's obstruction.

Trump admits to giving top secret intel to the Russians in a meeting that was attended by Russian reporters, but American reporters were barred from attending.

These things happened, and continue to happen. Trump continues to lie and lie and lie.

Trying to blame the Dems or the press for the insanity that is the Trump Administration is a fool's errand.

Impeachment? I dunno. If this were 50/50 and there were no Republicans/Conservatives who didn't like Trump, maybe. Of course, if that were the case, there wouldn't be votes for impeachment in the first place and it would never happen. This would all be moot.

But my (wild ass) guess is that there are quite a few Republicans/Conservatives who would like to see it happen, get Pence in there, and try to calm things down. That's the point of the thread, really, and no doubt some are making that calculation right now.

If the GOP loses a third of it's support, then they never win again.

And the Establishment should be thinking about how to dig itself out of the hole they dug by trying to steal the primary from Trump, not to mention a significant portion of them siding with FUCKING HILLARY.

Instead of digging it deeper.

You really want people like RW and Guno to have uncontested control over this country? Because we you are suggesting is how we get there, FAST.
My fear since the day he was elected was that he would screw up (or be PERCEIVED to screw up, your choice) so quickly and so badly that the Democratic party would have no need to go through its badly needed Reformation, and that his failure would usher the Regressive Left right into power.

Right now, so far, that's how it's playing out, so I'm pretty freakin' horrified by the whole thing.

that is the media line, don't buy into it. Trump is doing just fine.
lol just fine?? market off about 300 yesterday because people think they have a crooked con man in the wh? his policies aren't all bad I'll give you that but this bs with flynn only means one thing to me ...he's trying to get flynn to not give anything away anything that might get him impeached

a one day drop, and its back up today. BFD. Trump fired Flynn because he lied to the VP. If one of your employees lies, are you liable? you dems are so desperate that you are making yourselves look like circus clowns.

If one of your employees lie while representing your company you certainly are liable.

And the Establishment should be thinking about how to dig itself out of the hole they dug by trying to steal the primary from Trump, not to mention a significant portion of them siding with FUCKING HILLARY.

You really want people like RW and Guno to have uncontested control over this country? Because we you are suggesting is how we get there, FAST.
My fear since the day he was elected was that he would screw up (or be PERCEIVED to screw up, your choice) so quickly and so badly that the Democratic party would have no need to go through its badly needed Reformation, and that his failure would usher the Regressive Left right into power.

Right now, so far, that's how it's playing out, so I'm pretty freakin' horrified by the whole thing.

lol just fine?? market off about 300 yesterday because people think they have a crooked con man in the wh? his policies aren't all bad I'll give you that but this bs with flynn only means one thing to me ...he's trying to get flynn to not give anything away anything that might get him impeached

a one day drop, and its back up today. BFD. Trump fired Flynn because he lied to the VP. If one of your employees lies, are you liable? you dems are so desperate that you are making yourselves look like circus clowns.

If one of your employees lie while representing your company you certainly are liable.
Speaking of lies LIE berman leading contender for FBI director

Sure don't recall "while representing" in the post.

Sure don't recall "while representing" in the post.

You're right.

Speaking of lies LIE berman leading contender for FBI director

What's with all these old people in government? Lieberman? I saw that. Why don't they pick someone in their 50's or younger? Damn we were discussing Grassly, Feinstein, Pelosi, Hatch some of the other one's that can barely hold their heads up in hearings. God let's elect some younger people next election. Even though I'm almost 70 you cannot run the country in the future with my age groups ideas.

Then 2 - 4 year terms for congress and senate and one 8 year term for SCOTUS. Things change faster these days than in my day.

Here's one fact on which (hopefully, who knows) we can all agree: As of this writing, the 2018 elections are a little less than 18 months away.

If you are a GOP congressperson and you think Trump is now irreparably damaged (or worse) -- I know, talk radio won't entertain that possibility, but you have your comfy congressional job to save -- wouldn't it be better to just get this over with, and try to (a) stop the bleeding and (b) try to regain some party momentum for 2018 by dumping the guy?

The numbers say Trump can't be impeached, but that's only if the GOP hangs together. I think we all know a professional politician's first priority is not the country or their constituents, it's re-election.

Isn't it just time to get this over with and try to regain your 2016 mojo before the 2018 elections?

Under what grounds would you impeach him? It would fracture the party further I think because it would drag out, get very ugly and might not have the desired outcome.

Under what grounds would you impeach him? It would fracture the party further I think because it would drag out, get very ugly and might not have the desired outcome.

It is too early to impeach

Incompetence is not grounds for impeachment. It's not like it was a blow job or something
Trump needs to be given more rope. Given the time, Trump will provide legitimate grounds for impeachment

Well, that's really the question. Given the fact that these people just care about their own re-election, would they go after to him to save their butts?

So, you want the GOP to cave to propaganda?

They might want to 'cave' to public opinion, because the public is where the voters come from.

Right now, all you have is propaganda.

That's bullshit. Thoroughly unsurprising bullshit.

Oh holy shit.........did someone not go along with your program?

What you have right now is a shit load of propaganda.

When you say 18 months….whose calendar are you looking at? LOL

I would think that you stick with the President and hit your electorate over the head with “agenda, agenda, agenda”…

Otherwise, this is a very dangerous game that could bring socialism right to the forefront of American politics and the liberty of individuals will be lost.
The problem for Trump and his fans is, they asked for this.

They cheer Trump when he's the bull in the china shop, when he insults the very media that presents him to the public, when he says and "tweets" things that would embarrass most reasonable adults, when he acts like a spoiled 15-year old kid. They love it. They call this behavior "bluntness", even though it doesn't rise to that level.

Meanwhile, the Regressive Left is loving every minute of it, waiting in the wings, knowing that it probably won't need to change one damn thing about the way it behaves.

If what you warn against comes to fruition, Trump and his fans will be complicit.
i think it's more they accepted the bad with the good and it wasn't hillary.

and i don't know too many people who love his bullshit. the last few times i've seen him give speeches the applause was smattering at best and you could see the hurt look on his face.

like i said - he craves attention. quit giving it to him and he's likely to just leave and go elsewhere.

as for the left - they're 100% feeding the machine of hate. i don't believe for a minute they're waiting for trump to do himself in through all this. they're having the time of their life protesting for what is "real" even though they don't know what it is.
If that's the case, if they really don't like his behaviors, then they're just lying. Look around this board and you'll see a zillion examples of it. Say something about his behavior and they go OFF. That's partisan politics, dishonest to its core.

Sure, the Left is loving this, they want as much destruction as possible, as soon as possible. And Trump isn't disappointing them.
oh i see the examples. i put those in the extremists on both sides. you see, i also look around and find you. oldlady and several others that while on the "other side" you work to put objectivity and respect to others in as much as your opinions. that's there too. you can't swing a dead cat in a rodeo w/o hitting some clown being an asswhipe.

that doesn't mean the world is full of clowns, just that they're loud and seem more than they are. in my few days here i just ignored anyone doing the "you're a pussy" shit right off the bat and i just don't see the noise as much.
That's the key here: The crazies have the microphone. I've chewed on this for a long time, and I don't know how to get it away from them, and that worries me.

You'd think it would be doable: A few brave leaders (political, social, even sports & entertainment) come together and start a movement in the opposite direction from where we're headed. It just ain't happening.

Let me tell you what I KNOW right now, and it is obvious---------> The people who voted for Trump have smoke coming out their ears, and so do a few Democrats who see this as an assault on the Republic. If things keep going just the way they are without any revelations, just innuendos, the Democrats are going to get SMOKED in 18.

Leftists do not get it, this isn't about Trump......this is about EVERYTHING they pull. Doubt me? Ask people!

The left has Trumps base in a total lather, AND people who believe in the constitution, even many who do not really like Trump. The word impeachment is rampant, isn't it. You know what word I hear more? COUP! The Democrats are going to pay in 18 big, unless something changes, just ask the heartland, AGAIN. (unlike us, you people didn't ask them and thought Hilly was a shoe in, and you aren't asking again)

I am here to tell you AGAIN, unless something changes where they can actually show Trump colluded himself, the Democrats are going to get rolled out of existence except for a few states in 18. And with any kind of luck, the weak Republicans will get primaried and removed before the general. I doubted the data I was getting for the Presidential election, I won't do it AGAIN! As of now, the Democrats are done unless something changes!

Forum List

Back