Trump to sign order keeping meat processing plants open

Yummy, virus burgers, corona chops, and COVID Sirloins.
you don't cook your meat? I heard heat kills it. and since we cook our meat, guess what? ahhh you can't, the brain cells fell out a long time ago. even my own wife picked up on that.

I guess he's too stupid to know that 97% of all raw chicken sold in the stores are contaminated with salmonella. But it's killed when cooked.

you know, I've given up at what these ignorant fks know. they just want to destroy our country. and for that, I'm amazed. don't understand their issue with human life.

No one wants to destroy the country.
then why did we shut down? there wasn't any data to do that. none. but you think it was the right move with no data. why? cause it sounded good? seemed logical? sure, but when one has no data to make such a tragic step, one affects millions upon millions more people who got fked. Raped by our own government.

well Friday they claimed half had the virus. how else would they know that unless they tested them. why can't the other half work?

4000 employees, 238 tested positive. They can work
the plant by my house they claimed had half the workers test positive. and the same company plant in another state Georgia I believe. Smithfield. it isn't logical, when only 20% of any other major business has seen employees affected. That seemed to be a strategic play in my logical mind.

I'm curious what the details of this are. If the plants are being shut down because of workers contracting the virus (I seem to remember one of the Smithfield plants accounted for around half the cases of the state it was located in when it was closed), what will be the requirements for keeping it open?

Read the link. Try google too, it's your friend. 2.9% test positive, doesn't mean sick. Not a reason to shut down

What link am I supposed to read which will explain the details of how this EO that hasn't actually yet been put in effect will be implemented? Certainly not the one in the OP.

And testing positive may not mean symptomatic, but I'd say it does mean sick.

you don't cook your meat? I heard heat kills it. and since we cook our meat, guess what? ahhh you can't, the brain cells fell out a long time ago. even my own wife picked up on that.

I guess he's too stupid to know that 97% of all raw chicken sold in the stores are contaminated with salmonella. But it's killed when cooked.

you know, I've given up at what these ignorant fks know. they just want to destroy our country. and for that, I'm amazed. don't understand their issue with human life.

then why did we shut down? there wasn't any data to do that. none. but you think it was the right move with no data. why? cause it sounded good? seemed logical? sure, but when one has no data to make such a tragic step, one affects millions upon millions more people who got fked. Raped by our own government.

What's the value of human life? (yes...there is a calculus...)

There fact that there wasn't enough data (not enough known about the virus except it was killing people and was very contagious (more so than the flu) meant shutting down was the responsible thing to do. People aren't wanting to destroy the economy - that's political agitating at work. All of us in this country, whether left or right are and will continue to be profoundly affected by both the economy and the virus. There is/was no easy answer.

Do you have evidence of this or are you another one of Pavlov's dogs opposing anything by the big bad orange man?
Do you trust restaurants, pizza parlors, fast food joints, bars & grills, etc. to always cook their foods to proper temperatures that kill bacteria, germs, and viruses? Good for you. Some folks know better.

I'm curious what the details of this are. If the plants are being shut down because of workers contracting the virus (I seem to remember one of the Smithfield plants accounted for around half the cases of the state it was located in when it was closed), what will be the requirements for keeping it open?

Read the link. Try google too, it's your friend. 2.9% test positive, doesn't mean sick. Not a reason to shut down

What link am I supposed to read which will explain the details of how this EO that hasn't actually yet been put in effect will be implemented? Certainly not the one in the OP.

And testing positive may not mean symptomatic, but I'd say it does mean sick.
no it doesn't, but thanks for playing.

Do you have evidence of this or are you another one of Pavlov's dogs opposing anything by the big bad orange man?
Do you trust restaurants, pizza parlors, fast food joints, bars & grills, etc. to always cook their foods to proper temperatures that kill bacteria, germs, and viruses? Good for you. Some folks know better.
yep, I'll go first sign of open. I ain't afraid of something that was already in my house in September and I didn't get it. just my wife.

that would be any time at a restaurant. you know that right? any time. so you're grasping at straw.

Last edited:

There fact that there wasn't enough data (not enough known about the virus except it was killing people and was very contagious (more so than the flu) meant shutting down was the responsible thing to do. People aren't wanting to destroy the economy - that's political agitating at work. All of us in this country, whether left or right are and will continue to be profoundly affected by both the economy and the virus. There is/was no easy answer.
no, you can't make that statement. just can't. the flu had upwards of 60,000 deaths. no, you're factually wrong as always. why do you continue to justify that which can't be? I don't get it. wow. I do feel sorry for you. your life must truly suck to be that negative all the time. There are books.

Sign an Order????? How the fuck can you enforce a Presidential Order ordering that people not get sick or that people who are sick must appear at work?

What sick people are being forced to appear at work?
they shut down because as many as 1000 plus employees in one large plant, had Corona virus and 5 of them died from it....just one large plant.... they could not run the plant, because too many workers were sick..... it was not those state gvts that shut them down, they shut themselves down because they didn't have enough workers, from what I read....

one meat plant shut themselves down for a week, to retrofit it, with plexiglass separation walls, between workers.... I don't know if that worked out or not, to stop the massive spread of the virus....?

if they all had daily protective gear, including n95 masks from the get go, maybe the virus would not have spread like wildfire in these plants? I dunno?

I think the owners of these meat plants need to refit these virus incubator processing plants.... for the safety of their workers, and us! hire some engineer and infectious disease experts to figure it out.... likely cheaper than the wrongful death lawsuits down the road....

I sure as shit, would not work there under the condition they are faced with.... likely at a whopping $12 to $15 bucks an hour.... no way, Jose'!

Why should I expect these workers to?

no, you can't make that statement. just can't. the flu had upwards of 60,000 deaths. no, you're factually wrong as always. why do you continue to justify that which can't be? I don't get it. wow. I do feel sorry for you. your life must truly suck to be that negative all the time. There are books.

Yes. I absolutely can make it. First off - the flu was 100 years ago...we didn't have anywhere near the knowledge, medicines, and life support systems we do now so comparisons are hard to make. And second - it doesn't alter the fact about shutdowns.

Also...don't you just love armchair quarterbacks who operate from hindsight? When this started - we had very little data other than it was highly infectious and killing a lot of people. It still killing more people than the regular flu, causing possible long term lung damage, and other things we don't fully understand - like immunity. So are you saying we should not have done any proactive measures at all? No shut downs, no social distancing? Wow. It must suck for you to value human life so cheaply.

Sign an Order????? How the fuck can you enforce a Presidential Order ordering that people not get sick or that people who are sick must appear at work?

What sick people are being forced to appear at work?
they shut down because as many as 1000 plus employees in one large plant

Made up numbers.

190 positive cases and 3,400 employees. It's time to go back to work.

I'll give Trump credit for this one - as long as adequate safety measures are available to the workers. Working conditions in those places are often very tight
awesome, this is up there with Obama taking out Bin Laden

this also puts us in position to potentially help other countries

I guess he's too stupid to know that 97% of all raw chicken sold in the stores are contaminated with salmonella. But it's killed when cooked or purposely misleading people.

You are one of those stuck on stupid. It's been pointed out endlessly the highest 60,000 figure for yearly flu which is a figure for a full year's flu season of up to as much as 9 months long. You continue comparing the figure to COVID-19 which is only been here for a few months. You also ignore the fact people will continue to get and die from regular flu viruses in addition to COVID 19.

I'll give Trump credit for this one - as long as adequate safety measures are available to the workers. Working conditions in those places are often very tight

And I would hope (I don't want to assume given the inanities of government) that all of that was discussed and thought out before the order was signed
so, what I heard on the radio indicated that masks and other safety equipment would be given to the industry, they also said that it's hot and sweaty work, so the masks may make it more uncomfortable

not sure if there will be extra pay

Trump has done well in responding to the Wu Flu; his decision TODAY to declare meat processing facilities essential AND ordering them to stay open may damn well prevent the supply chain from being irreparably damaged!

we are already looking at inflation, rising energy costs and food costs -- keeping production open as much as possible is a big step for the safety, security and well being of the country

and yes, Trump is allocating safety equipment for the industry! We were looking at possible food shortages; this was a great move by the President today

Trump to sign order keeping meat processing plants open

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump will sign an executive order Tuesday meant to stave off a shortage of chicken, pork and other meat on American supermarket shelves because of the coronavirus.

The order will use the Defense Production Act to classify meat processing as critical infrastructure to keep production plants open.

The order comes after industry leaders warned that consumers could see meat shortages in a matter of days after workers at major facilities tested positive for the virus. A senior White House official said the administration was working to prevent a situation in which a majority of processing plants shut down for a period of time, which could lead to an 80% drop in the availability of meat in supermarkets. The official spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the order before its release.
All these processing plants need to do, is look for people who already had the Wuhan Virus, pay them a good wage, since workers are going to be hard to find, and the plants will stay open.

Forum List

Back