Trump to sign order keeping meat processing plants open

Trump has done well in responding to the Wu Flu; his decision TODAY to declare meat processing facilities essential AND ordering them to stay open may damn well prevent the supply chain from being irreparably damaged!

we are already looking at inflation, rising energy costs and food costs -- keeping production open as much as possible is a big step for the safety, security and well being of the country

and yes, Trump is allocating safety equipment for the industry! We were looking at possible food shortages; this was a great move by the President today

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump will sign an executive order Tuesday meant to stave off a shortage of chicken, pork and other meat on American supermarket shelves because of the coronavirus.

The order will use the Defense Production Act to classify meat processing as critical infrastructure to keep production plants open.

The order comes after industry leaders warned that consumers could see meat shortages in a matter of days after workers at major facilities tested positive for the virus. A senior White House official said the administration was working to prevent a situation in which a majority of processing plants shut down for a period of time, which could lead to an 80% drop in the availability of meat in supermarkets. The official spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the order before its release.

Sure. Nothing like completely botching the response to the virus, touting miracle cures, and then ultimately demanding that people who work shoulder to shoulder in some of those plants be forced back to work. All in an effort to save your worthless presidency so some Trump supporter can get their frozen chicken nuggets. WTF.
Fella...I would shut down fast food chain stores in many urban areas then. Oh wait!

I'm curious what the details of this are. If the plants are being shut down because of workers contracting the virus (I seem to remember one of the Smithfield plants accounted for around half the cases of the state it was located in when it was closed), what will be the requirements for keeping it open?

Testing all workers who return? If all on site are negative there is no reason you can't start shoving pigs into the shredder again.

I have no idea. I don't know if those sorts of details have been determined. :dunno:

Yummy, virus burgers, corona chops, and COVID Sirloins.
you don't cook your meat? I heard heat kills it. and since we cook our meat, guess what? ahhh you can't, the brain cells fell out a long time ago. even my own wife picked up on that.

This won't affect me as I plan to buy my meat locally.

1. It tastes better.
2. It supports my local economy.
3. It tastes better.

I'm curious what the details of this are. If the plants are being shut down because of workers contracting the virus (I seem to remember one of the Smithfield plants accounted for around half the cases of the state it was located in when it was closed), what will be the requirements for keeping it open?

I was wondering the same thing. This is the kind of thing we have the National Guard for and I imagine the military can be used. That's what I suspect is the purpose behind using the DPA.

Testing all workers who return? If all on site are negative there is no reason you can't start shoving pigs into the shredder again.

I have no idea. I don't know if those sorts of details have been determined. :dunno:
well Friday they claimed half had the virus. how else would they know that unless they tested them. why can't the other half work?

you don't cook your meat? I heard heat kills it. and since we cook our meat, guess what? ahhh you can't, the brain cells fell out a long time ago. even my own wife picked up on that.

I have a delicious Clorox marinade that makes the meat tender and squeaky clean.
the new yorkers will be all over that marinade.

I guess he's too stupid to know that 97% of all raw chicken sold in the stores are contaminated with salmonella. But it's killed when cooked.

Trump has done well in responding to the Wu Flu; his decision TODAY to declare meat processing facilities essential AND ordering them to stay open may damn well prevent the supply chain from being irreparably damaged!

we are already looking at inflation, rising energy costs and food costs -- keeping production open as much as possible is a big step for the safety, security and well being of the country

and yes, Trump is allocating safety equipment for the industry! We were looking at possible food shortages; this was a great move by the President today

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump will sign an executive order Tuesday meant to stave off a shortage of chicken, pork and other meat on American supermarket shelves because of the coronavirus.

The order will use the Defense Production Act to classify meat processing as critical infrastructure to keep production plants open.

The order comes after industry leaders warned that consumers could see meat shortages in a matter of days after workers at major facilities tested positive for the virus. A senior White House official said the administration was working to prevent a situation in which a majority of processing plants shut down for a period of time, which could lead to an 80% drop in the availability of meat in supermarkets. The official spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the order before its release.

Sure. Nothing like completely botching the response to the virus, touting miracle cures, and then ultimately demanding that people who work shoulder to shoulder in some of those plants be forced back to work. All in an effort to save your worthless presidency so some Trump supporter can get their frozen chicken nuggets. WTF.
No meat for you!

I'll give Trump credit for this one - as long as adequate safety measures are available to the workers. Working conditions in those places are often very tight

And I would hope (I don't want to assume given the inanities of government) that all of that was discussed and thought out before the order was signed

I guess he's too stupid to know that 97% of all raw chicken sold in the stores are contaminated with salmonella. But it's killed when cooked.

you know, I've given up at what these ignorant fks know. they just want to destroy our country. and for that, I'm amazed. don't understand their issue with human life.

I'll give Trump credit for this one - as long as adequate safety measures are available to the workers. Working conditions in those places are often very tight

And I would hope (I don't want to assume given the inanities of government) that all of that was discussed and thought out before the order was signed
I would think so.
Sign an Order????? How the fuck can you enforce a Presidential Order ordering that people not get sick or that people who are sick must appear at work?

Try reading the link before opening your pie hole, or have someone read it to you.
he wouldn't hear it right. his word converter app would change the story.

Read the link. Try google too, it's your friend. 2.9% test positive, doesn't mean sick. Not a reason to shut down

you know, I've given up at what these ignorant fks know. they just want to destroy our country. and for that, I'm amazed. don't understand their issue with human life.

No one wants to destroy the country.

Great news! We meat eaters CAN have our meat and eat it, too!

Forum List

Back