Trump to sign order keeping meat processing plants open

Sign an Order????? How the fuck can you enforce a Presidential Order ordering that people not get sick or that people who are sick must appear at work?

What sick people are being forced to appear at work?
they shut down because as many as 1000 plus employees in one large plant

Made up numbers.

190 positive cases and 3,400 employees. It's time to go back to work.

no they are not!!!!!!!
Plants close, production plummets
By the time it closed its doors on April 12, Smithfield’s Sioux Falls plant had more than 200 confirmed cases of COVID-19. In the days since then, the case count has swelled to nearly 900...

making it the biggest single cluster of COVID-19 infections in the nation.

ok, so it swelled to 900 covid cases and not a thousand.... And those are just the ones meeting symptom criteria who could get the test.... asymptomatic were not tested.....

and that article is from 4/22... they've certainly hit 1000 of the workers and fam, by now!
Bloomberg and USA today?.....Fake news....

You liked this post in a thread using USA Today as a source. Are they fake news all the time or only when convenient? :dunno:

All the time.....

Offer them the extra $600 a week given to Americans for staying unemployed and at home, then maybe some of them will consider working in the unsafe conditions.....?

The extra $600 a week those on unemployment are getting,

should be given each week to every essential worker, on the front line of the battlefield, as well....meat packers, grocery store clerks to nurses and Doctors etc!!!!!!

Combat Pay..... they ALL DESERVE IT!
Essential workers are still working and getting a paycheck...its like McDonalds new come on they are advertising...that essential workers can eat for free...WTF?...they are working and don't need a free meal....
Do you just play an idiot on this board, or are you one in real life too?
What was idiotic about what I posted moron....
They are risking their lives and family's lives..... they do not know what precautions other coworkers take once they leave and then return to work the next day, and all for what, minimum wage for the state they work in.....? And they should feel lucky they have their jobs???

Tell that to the grocery store clerks that have died and the Dollar store clerks that have died and the walmart employees that have died and janitors in hospitals that have died........ they should feel lucky they are working.... when those not working and on unemployment are getting paid an extra $600 bucks a week from the federal govt, to stay home and be safe?

Something is just crazy wrong with that.....

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK

should be given each week to every essential worker, on the front line of the battlefield, as well....meat packers, grocery store clerks to nurses and Doctors etc!!!!!!

Essential workers are still working and getting a paycheck...its like McDonalds new come on they are advertising...that essential workers can eat for free...WTF?...they are working and don't need a free meal....
They are risking their lives and family's lives..... they do not know what precautions other coworkers take once they leave and then return to work the next day, and all for what, minimum wage for the state they work in.....? And they should feel lucky they have their jobs???

Tell that to the grocery store clerks that have died and the Dollar store clerks that have died and the walmart employees that have died and janitors in hospitals that have died........ they should feel lucky they are working.... when those not working and on unemployment are getting paid an extra $600 bucks a week from the federal govt, to stay home and be safe?

That's their job asshole.....and you want to steal from some out of work waitress or barber that can't work and give to people that are working....all so you can feel good about yourself?....and you call me an idiot?....

Last edited:
Yummy, virus burgers, corona chops, and COVID Sirloins.
You would prefer no food perhaps?

This was the exact right move. Democrats intended to move right on through the entire chain until we had a Mao type famine.

If Trump bothers you that much, don't eat. Problem solved.

That's there job asshole.....and you want to steal from some out of work waitress or barber that can't work and give to people that are working....all so you can feel good about yourself?....and you call me an idiot?....
no, the UE people can get that $600 too.....

At this point... the money is all being printed anyway... :rolleyes:

why not give essential workers, forced to be on the front line of the virus we are supposedly at war with, the combat pay they deserve!!!!!! while the rest of us, safely stay at home, being paid to twiddle our thumbs....or paid to safely work from home?

I'm curious what the details of this are. If the plants are being shut down because of workers contracting the virus (I seem to remember one of the Smithfield plants accounted for around half the cases of the state it was located in when it was closed), what will be the requirements for keeping it open?
Chop till ya drop!

1588110534703.png

why not give essential workers, forced to be on the front line of the virus we are supposedly at war with, the combat pay they deserve
Because they are not in combat and they are still collecting their full paycheck.....the money needs to go to people that can't work during this crisis....and businesses that are sinking because they had to close....you libs just don't think clearly...you think with your hearts and the problem with that is your feelings change from day to day...facts do not....if you so choose to reward a cashier go ahead I'll join you but do not take it from out of work folks...use your own money....

Donnie has no power to order ANY private business or its employees to stay open or come to work.
Guess he's worried about his hamberder supply :)

2rd1tb.jpg
My 89 year old grandad has had and still has a Big Mac and fries everyday for lunch and I bet he could kick your ass in ten seconds....

Just ensure the workers are kept 15 feet apart and supply the workers with appropriate safety such as gowns, gloves, medical masks , visors, and many breaks. That should be mandatory anyway.

Sign an Order????? How the fuck can you enforce a Presidential Order ordering that people not get sick or that people who are sick must appear at work?

What sick people are being forced to appear at work?

Apparently you've never been inside one of these plants before have you?
Well I have. A lot these people on the lines stand literally shoulder to shoulder.
That's cool. Without testing before you go back to work, you could literally be infected...and then...infect other people.
Sheesh...
This is one of those rare cases in which Jack is 100% correct.

Just ensure the workers are kept 15 feet apart and supply the workers with appropriate safety such as gowns, gloves, medical masks , visors, and many breaks. That should be mandatory anyway.
Depending on how the equipment is configured, this may not be as possible as it sounds.
A lot of guys in my town work for Kosher supervision companies and the meat processing plants are not configured for personal comfort.

Worker safety is Paramount. They will have to make it possible and it can easily be done.

Trump has done well in responding to the Wu Flu; his decision TODAY to declare meat processing facilities essential AND ordering them to stay open may damn well prevent the supply chain from being irreparably damaged!

we are already looking at inflation, rising energy costs and food costs -- keeping production open as much as possible is a big step for the safety, security and well being of the country

and yes, Trump is allocating safety equipment for the industry! We were looking at possible food shortages; this was a great move by the President today

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump will sign an executive order Tuesday meant to stave off a shortage of chicken, pork and other meat on American supermarket shelves because of the coronavirus.

The order will use the Defense Production Act to classify meat processing as critical infrastructure to keep production plants open.

The order comes after industry leaders warned that consumers could see meat shortages in a matter of days after workers at major facilities tested positive for the virus. A senior White House official said the administration was working to prevent a situation in which a majority of processing plants shut down for a period of time, which could lead to an 80% drop in the availability of meat in supermarkets. The official spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the order before its release.

Couldn't get past the lie in the first sentence. He's done the worst job of any leader of any nation on the planet. Once I read a lie I stop reading. I no longer believe anything posted.

I will say, he can sign all the executive orders he wants. He can't force workers to go back to work there if they know it's not safe. He can't drag those workers back into those plants against their will.

Most people aren't like you or trump. Their lives are worth much more than money. Here's a hint, you can't spend that money if you're dead.

People just can't walk off the street and do that job. It takes time to train people for it. That is IF you can find someone who is willing to take a chance with their life. Especially for such low wages and horrible benefits.

We will see what the workers do. I saw a video on the local news last night of a woman who is one of those workers who plainly said she's not returning until she knows she won't be infected with the virus and die. She was very clear, she doesn't believe that the money is worth her life.

Neither do I.

• Love
Reactions: BWK
Trump has done well in responding to the Wu Flu; his decision TODAY to declare meat processing facilities essential AND ordering them to stay open may damn well prevent the supply chain from being irreparably damaged!

we are already looking at inflation, rising energy costs and food costs -- keeping production open as much as possible is a big step for the safety, security and well being of the country

and yes, Trump is allocating safety equipment for the industry! We were looking at possible food shortages; this was a great move by the President today

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump will sign an executive order Tuesday meant to stave off a shortage of chicken, pork and other meat on American supermarket shelves because of the coronavirus.

The order will use the Defense Production Act to classify meat processing as critical infrastructure to keep production plants open.

The order comes after industry leaders warned that consumers could see meat shortages in a matter of days after workers at major facilities tested positive for the virus. A senior White House official said the administration was working to prevent a situation in which a majority of processing plants shut down for a period of time, which could lead to an 80% drop in the availability of meat in supermarkets. The official spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the order before its release.
The food supply chain is breaking and Trump said a week ago it was secure. He's a liar, and so are you. This is disgraceful. How can you be so fucking low? Covering for this sob when a few months ago he was calling it a hoax. Fuck you, you lying pos.https://www.msnbc.com/mtp-daily/watch/trump-to-sign-executive-order-keeping-meat-processing-plants-open-82710085658

Folks like you are traitors. You post up gd lies for this lying scumbag Trump, to cover for his gigantic failures on a daily basis. Get the fuck out of here with your bs.

Yep

Couldn't get past the lie in the first sentence. He's done the worst job of any leader of any nation on the planet. Once I read a lie I stop reading. I no longer believe anything posted.

I will say, he can sign all the executive orders he wants. He can't force workers to go back to work there if they know it's not safe. He can't drag those workers back into those plants against their will.

Most people aren't like you or trump. Their lives are worth much more than money. Here's a hint, you can't spend that money if you're dead.

People just can't walk off the street and do that job. It takes time to train people for it. That is IF you can find someone who is willing to take a chance with their life. Especially for such low wages and horrible benefits.

We will see what the workers do. I saw a video on the local news last night of a woman who is one of those workers who plainly said she's not returning until she knows she won't be infected with the virus and die. She was very clear, she doesn't believe that the money is worth her life.

Neither do I.
Iyo

Forum List

Back