Trump trade victory with the EU.

Trump wants equal treatment in tariffs. If we allow free trade, they have to also. Europe and China put HUGE tariffs on us and block all sorts of products. We don't do that.

The idea for too long is that we have to constantly let other countries take gross advantage of us so we don't scare them with our power.

Whoops, Trump figured out that it's better to express America's power in our interest, and every day now sees them bending and us winning. This is going so well.

No tariffs have been rescinded only a agreement to negotiate maybe. Jean-Claude Juncker , EU trade commissioner Cecilia Malmstroem came to see Trump,

Merkel’s motor industry relies on Juncker’s LAST-DITCH visit to Trump to save US-EU trade

They have agreed to talk and not add any tariff until the these talks are concluded.

I have an idea for them,” Mr. Trump tweeted late Tuesday, referring to his meetings with the Europeans. “Both the U.S. and the E.U. drop all Tariffs, Barriers and Subsidies! That would finally be called Free Market and Fair Trade! Hope they do it, we are ready - but they won’t!”

" Trump had suggested the idea of a barrier-free, tariff-free trade zone at the conclusion of the Group of Seven meeting last month, a proposal broadly viewed by the other G-7 member states as unrealistic".

https://www.wsj.com/articles/europe...t-set-to-face-trump-and-his-tweets-1532473300

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...an-claude-juncker-agree-deal-stave-trade-war/

Following a meeting at the White House with Jean-Claude Juncker, the European Commission president, Mr Trump said there was a “new phase” in relations, and it was a "very big day for free and fair trade".

He said the US and the EU had agreed to work toward
"zero tariffs" on industrial goods, apart from cars.

We will see what happens, and per the Wall Street Journal, the EU will not accept a no tariff at all trade agreement. They will attempt to negotiate a new business as usual trade agreement stating open USA markets and semi closed EU markets to protect any robustness of there economy. Whether Trump get anything positive for the US economy is yet to be seen. We certainly know none of the past 5 president did nothing to improve fairness in trade. It also appears that the US congress will pussyout of any hard direct negotiations and that is what the EU is counting on and the purpose of Cecilia Malmstroem visit to lobby congress and convince them that the status quo was best.

The threats of huge automotive tariffs brings the EU to the table.
On top of that we are going to send in more fuel which is a slap in the face to RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA

Grampa, we both knew the Left would react like this, and we both know why-------------->

If this comes to pass in any form close to what is being suggested, it is worth 1 point in GDP.

By the way, did you conservatives buy stock in Pepto-Bismo last week? Hope so, cause sales are going to skyrocket as the Left melts tomorrow when the 2nd quarter numbers are released, lol. They are LOSING on every front, and vomit on themselves while pointing to the generic poll that says they have a 7 point lead. Of COURSE they do, why California, New York, and Illinois are worth 10...…………….and yet, they already control most or all of those states, and they still only register plus 7, lolol.

Now, in the Heartland of America, we would call that a CLUE, and this is before the 2nd quarter release. Of course the Leftists are going to be here screaming, Obama, Obama, Obama, but only Leftists are that dumb, and they already have their votes. People who are intelligent are starting to see what is happening, which is why the Left is in a total panic.

Let me put it this a-way------->the problem for the Left is that the midterms are not being held today, because today is the best chance they have, which is a worse chance then they had yesterday! As it goes along, it is going to get worse, and worse, and worse for them, lol. Just remember, the MSM is doing the Lefts bidding, and right now, unless you watch Fox, there is no push back. It won't be that way soon, lol...………..and as the administration rolls out the PROSECUTION of their case against Brennan, Rice, and Obama WITH the evidence to boot, it is going to get really ugly for the Left-) It is just the Leftist posters on here are to dumb to understand, or believe what is in reserve, and on its way before the midterm. It is probably a good thing, because I am not sure Obamacare covers Pepto-)

What did he win?

EU stroke$ his ego and Trump goes away
First it's more than Obama ever got.
Second, read the article
they import our soy beans and LNG. We also work on reducing tariffs....and if the EU fucks us over....we put the tariffs back on.

What do you not get about negotiation....have you ever negotiated anything?

They always bought soy beans and LNG

Most of what Trump got was lip service and empty promises. Trump is an expert at that
The EU also bought a lot of LNG from Russia....not so with this agreement

Let me know when the EU cuts their LNG buying from Russia, till then it is just talk
You think they will?

What did he win?

EU stroke$ his ego and Trump goes away
Second, read the article
they import our soy beans and LNG. We also work on reducing tariffs....and if the EU fucks us over....we put the tariffs back on.

Most of what Trump got was lip service and empty promises. Trump is an expert at that

Let me know when the EU cuts their LNG buying from Russia, till then it is just talk
You think they will?

I think that we will have to sell it damn cheap to beat what they were getting from Russia once you add in additional transportation cost

Second, read the article

You think they will?

I think that we will have to sell it damn cheap to beat what they were getting from Russia once you add in additional transportation cost
I was actually thinking exactly that last night when me and the wife were discussing it

You think they will?

I was actually thinking exactly that last night when me and the wife were discussing it
Makes you wonder how we can ever sell a barrel of oil, huh?:rolleyes-41:

You think they will?

No. It makes me wonder why they would a crapload of ng from us when they can get it cheaper from somewhere else

You think they will?

No. It makes me wonder why they would a crapload of ng from us when they can get it cheaper from somewhere else
It’s called a deal I guess?

You think they will?

Sounds like a dumb deal on their part then lol

You think they will?

Actually there was no deal, Trump's words were that the EU, and I quote...."wants" to buy more LNG from us".

Does that sound like a deal to you?

When I went car shopping I told the car dealer "I want to buy that Lexux LC", but I didn't because he would not cut 60% of the list price.

Oh well . Our concern?

Actually there was no deal, Trump's words were that the EU, and I quote...."wants" to buy more LNG from us".

When I went car shopping I told the car dealer "I want to buy that Lexux LC", but I didn't because he would not cut 60% of the list price.
To be fair, just because you dont knoe any details, doesnt mean there wasnt any.

Oh well . Our concern?
No. But that doesnt mean i wont think about the possibilities..

Huh? Too funny :auiqs.jpg:

It is still based on deals. Derp

To be fair, just because you dont knoe any details, doesnt mean there wasnt any.

I think had there been a deal Trump would have said "They are GOING to buy LNG from us", not that they want to.

Does Trump control the price that our LNG is sold at?

Forum List

Back