Trump Tries To Call Witness To Jan 6th Hearings

Why would you condone a bogus hearing when you yourself admitted it was a biased hearing? What did I say that was wrong? They are allowing absolutely zero testimony that would benefit Trump and have even edited his words to use against him.

Whether we agree with them or not, they are happening and there are laws to be followed.

Trump trying to call a witness' phone is clear tampering. You just don't do that.

You seem to be confused by the context of the dual meaning of "call" a witness. Don called the witness on the phone, which is not appropriate. That's why the person in question's lawyer called the committee.......who passed the info on to the DoJ.
What witness offering favorable testimony for the Orange Messiah has not testified? Meadows? Navarro? Clark? Bannon? Until very recently they've all refused to testify in full. Cuz, you know, they're worried about having participated in the crimes Don committed.
They have refused to testify because the hearings are not fair. That's why when Bannon agreed to testify only live on prime time, the committee refused. Because they wanted control over what he said and the ability to edit anything they wanted, just as they have edited Trump's own comments. No one can testify for Trump because their testimony would be edited to the committee's agenda, to take Trump down. No defense of Trump is allowed to make it through the censors.

The real hoot to all of this is that no charges will be brought against Trump.
Because then the serious truth would come out in the cross examination, and Pelosi would be a witness, along with others
that the democrat witch hunt wouldn't want on the stand.
The left knows it, and the goofballs on the left in this forum knows it. I really don't believe...for
the most part aren't really as dumb as they're portraying.

Why should it get to that? What's wrong with actually having a fair and unbiased hearing now?
Because Republicans have already attempted to distract and deflect and minimize with regard to January 6, 2021 and tried to torpedo the effort...

There is far too much at stake for the Constitution and the Republic, to trust Trump supporters to take a major part in these preliminaries...

The DoJ and the Attorney General will sort this out if-and-when the Committee refers its findings to the DoJ...

You'll get your Day in Court... once Court is actually convened... :cool:

CNN reports. "Former White House counsel Pat Cipollone testified for eight hours in front of the House Jan. 6 Committee on Friday in a closed-door interview. Here are some key moments of his testimony played at the committee's seventh hearing on Tuesday.

"He did not think there was sufficient evidence of election fraud: In his testimony, Cipollone said he agreed with former Attorney General Bill Barr, who concluded there was insufficient evidence of election fraud. He recounted former chief of staff Mark Meadows saying in November 2020 that then-President Trump should have conceded, to which he said he agreed. Jason Miller, a former senior adviser to Trump, told the committee that Cipollone called John Eastman's theory to overturn the election "nutty." Cipollone did not refute this statement.

"He was verbally attacked during the Dec. 18, 2020 meeting at the White House. Cipollone told the committee he walked into the Dec.18 meeting attended by Trump, former Trump campaign lawyer Sidney Powell, former national security adviser Michael Flynn and former Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne.

"The meeting, which lasted six hours, was described as “unhinged” by former Trump White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson. Ideas circulated about overturning the election including Flynn's suggestion to invoke martial law and inspection of voting machines.

“I don’t think any of these people were providing the President with good advice,” Cipollone told the committee.

"After asking where the evidence was for claims of voter fraud, Cipollone said that he and Meadows were verbally attacked for questioning where the evidence was for Trump’s claimed victory."

CBS reports, "Tuesday's hearing began with a tweet Trump sent at 1:42 a.m. on Dec. 19, 2020, which said, "Big protest in D.C. on January 6th. Be there, will be wild!"

"On January 6, Trump knew the crowd was angry," committee member Raskin said. "He knew the crowd was armed. He sent them to the Capitol anyway."

"When you catch somebody in a fraud, you are allowed to go by very different rules."
We fight like hell and if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”
Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we’re going to walk down, and I’ll be there with you. We are going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country,”
part of President Trump's instructions to the mob on Jan. 6, 2021.

Was this the President giving orders to those in the audience?

but is stopped by the committee. No witnesses for Trump are allowed and if he tries to call his own witnesses, they will accuse him of witness tampering. Similar thing happened with Steve Bannon. He said he would only testify live during prime time so the committee shot him down. They must have total control over what Bannon says so they can edit as needed. Guess that's not called witness tampering. Coming up soon: closing arguments for the prosecution but no closing arguments to defend Trump since no Trump witnesses were allowed to testify.

It's just a hearing. When trump goes on trial his lawyers will be able to call any witnesses that they desire.

No one is going to accuse me of being a Trump supporter but shouldn't both sides be presented to get a complete picture?

I understand it would be like Charles Manson calling Squeeky Fromme to testify but..........

In the Normal World, this circus is known as the Court of Public Opinion. AKA Kangaroo Court.........China/Russia style.
Super hypocritical of you, seeing as you are a magaturd. Did you forget the last 5 years of 'the Court of Public Opinion Administration(s), daily, 24/7? Hmm. I just love sanctimonious. Yum, yum yummy!

Maybe you're just impaired in some way.

but is stopped by the committee. No witnesses for Trump are allowed and if he tries to call his own witnesses, they will accuse him of witness tampering. Similar thing happened with Steve Bannon. He said he would only testify live during prime time so the committee shot him down. They must have total control over what Bannon says so they can edit as needed. Guess that's not called witness tampering. Coming up soon: closing arguments for the prosecution but no closing arguments to defend Trump since no Trump witnesses were allowed to testify.

To quote Mel Brooks as the Indian Chief in Blazing Saddles, "Hast du in deine lieben gesehen?"* A congressional hearing relying on hearsay witnesses and taped confessions done in a small room? Demanding that a witness testify, pressing contempt of congress charges when they do not, and then refusing to let them because they want it to be public?

I guess they were confessions. As I watch, I lose the gist of what this amateur dramatic reading troupe are supposed to be proving.

For the part of today's idiocy I was able to watch without falling asleep, some lady named "Mrs. Murphy" read long-winded introductions to clips of some guys sitting at a miniature version of a committee room, shot from above. It was hard to tell whether the clips in any way supported what she claimed in her introduction, because her wooden acting had me nodding off.

*Have you in your life seen (something like that)?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back