Trump Tries To Call Witness To Jan 6th Hearings

You literally just made that up. Out of thin air.
What? The committee is not fair. They have even edited Trump's own words to suit their anti-Trump agenda. Of course they would do the very same to anyone who testified in favor of Trump, edit. That is why the panel refused to let Bannon testify, because Bannon would only do it live in prime time where the committee could not edit his words.

That's a lie.
It's not a lie at all. Pelosi had the decked stacked in her favor from day one. Only anti-Trump testimony would be allowed and anything pro- Trump would be squashed and never see the light of day. One example is the edited out Trump's words to protest peacefully with no violence. The committee made sure that that testimony was buried so that they could use the rest of Trump's words out of context.

but is stopped by the committee. No witnesses for Trump are allowed and if he tries to call his own witnesses, they will accuse him of witness tampering. Similar thing happened with Steve Bannon. He said he would only testify live during prime time so the committee shot him down. They must have total control over what Bannon says so they can edit as needed. Guess that's not called witness tampering. Coming up soon: closing arguments for the prosecution but no closing arguments to defend Trump since no Trump witnesses were allowed to testify.

Plus, there are no non partisans on the committee. They are all never Trump-tards.

They never had a chance to participate. The whole thing was going to be totally controlled by anti-Trumpers. It was a sham from the get go and Republicans refused to take part in a sham where only anti-Trumpness rules would be followed.
Trump would be VERY welcome to testify UNDER OATH. THEN, he can call for witnesses to verify his story.
Why does he not testify? AFRAID??

To quote Mel Brooks as the Indian Chief in Blazing Saddles, "Hast du in deine lieben gesehen?"* A congressional hearing relying on hearsay witnesses and taped confessions done in a small room? Demanding that a witness testify, pressing contempt of congress charges when they do not, and then refusing to let them because they want it to be public?

I guess they were confessions. As I watch, I lose the gist of what this amateur dramatic reading troupe are supposed to be proving.

For the part of today's idiocy I was able to watch without falling asleep, some lady named "Mrs. Murphy" read long-winded introductions to clips of some guys sitting at a miniature version of a committee room, shot from above. It was hard to tell whether the clips in any way supported what she claimed in her introduction, because her wooden acting had me nodding off.

*Have you in your life seen (something like that)?
From what I heard recently, most of these witnesses are proving that Trump continually referred to the election as being stolen or fraudulent. I mean, so what? Democrats did that for years after Trump won in 2016. Where were those investigations? Every time democrats lose they scream fraud in one form or another. Trump has a first amendment right to say that the election was stolen. That does not violate any laws.

The fact that you Lefties support this kind of unjust hearing says a lot.
Who says I'm a 'leftie'? Who says I 'support' this? It's out of my control, pal. I have zero control over what the media circus chooses to cover.

If you got a speeding ticket which you did not deserve, you would feel like the authorities in charge were being tyrants
No, I don't think like you. If LEO pulls you over, they have a reason. Feelings don't usually come into play.

but somehow you think that having one-sided hearings where a former president is being accused of much more egregious crimes is okay.
I don't think of it in okay/not okay terms. It just is. Am I supposed to bitch about the broadcasts 24/7 as well? That would also assume I watch these sort of things...

If the Republicans had such hearings over Biden's handling of Afghanistan or one of his many other disasters, and did not allow the defense to provide their side of things, I would not be supportive.
Neither would I. But dude, I believe Republicans had their chance and blew it. Spilled milk now. Deed is done. It's not making the GOP look good. That's the penalty.
Be an American.
Lol. You have no idea.

From what I heard recently, most of these witnesses are proving that Trump continually referred to the election as being stolen or fraudulent. I mean, so what
Which isn't the point. Good God. This is getting silly.

The point is that he had all the information and resources anyone could ever hope for to know that it wasn't.

So he was dangerously delusional or telling dangerous lies.

Pick your poison.

Trump would be VERY welcome to testify UNDER OATH. THEN, he can call for witnesses to verify his story.
Why does he not testify? AFRAID??
And, like Bannon, they would never let Trump testify live in prime time. They would have Trump testify so that they could edit everything and anything he said, like they have already done with his words. And, of course, they would make sure to only ask questions that would not give Trump any opportunity to defend himself.

And, like Bannon, they would never let Trump testify live in prime time. They would have Trump testify so that they could edit everything and anything he said, like they have already done with his words. And, of course, they would make sure to only ask questions that would not give Trump any opportunity to defend himself.
Haha, they would kill to get him under oath on live TV.

Not what you said.

You said that is why people are defying subpoenas. Which you made up.

It gets tiring reminding posters what they said 5 minutes ago.
Of course they refuse to testify at a kangaroo court where their testimony would be edited to conform with the committee's anti-Trump agenda. Just happened to Steve Bannon. He agreed to testify, but only live in prime time. The committee refused because they want control over Bannon's testimony that is released.

If it was in prime time the networks would likely have to bleep much of what he said.

I am SURE if Trump agreed to testify in front of the committee (both Republicans and Democrats are on it), the committee would love to have the hearing on prime time!

Forum List

Back