Trump Tries To Call Witness To Jan 6th Hearings

I am SURE if Trump agreed to testify in front of the committee (both Republicans and Democrats are on it), the committee would love to have the hearing on prime time!
Then why did they refuse Bannon's testimony live in prime time?

That's the kind of astute, insightful analysis of the day's events we've all come to expect from members of The Following.
lol

If I want to engage in insightful analysis I'll study physics.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist with this committee, a blindfolded ten year old can see what they're up to.

Whether we agree with them or not, they are happening and there are laws to be followed.

Trump trying to call a witness' phone is clear tampering. You just don't do that.
BULLSHIT.

Make up your fucking mind.

Is this a court of law or isn't it?

If it isn't, then Trump can talk to whomever he wants.

What a bunch of hypocrites these Stalinists are

That's what hearings are.

Hillary had more balls than the orange pile of crap and stood up for herself under oath.

And lied her ass off.

You're right, she has stones the size of Indiana.

But they're about to get crushed. Again.

Blame the orange sissy for hiding in the banquet room at Mar a Lago.
Meh... who the fuck cares about that jackass. Not me. You clowns are all bent out of shape about him, and meanwhile you're ignoring - not even perceiving - the real problem, cause you spend all your time with your head up Trump's ass.

Trump would be VERY welcome to testify UNDER OATH. THEN, he can call for witnesses to verify his story.
Why does he not testify? AFRAID??
The committee would have to invite him.

Has that happened?

The committee would have to invite him.

Has that happened?
No yet. AFTER others testify under oath & reveal insider tidbits or bombshell info, THEN the committee will ask him to testify & either confirm or refute previous testimony UNDER OATH. We’ll see ...

but is stopped by the committee. No witnesses for Trump are allowed and if he tries to call his own witnesses, they will accuse him of witness tampering. Similar thing happened with Steve Bannon. He said he would only testify live during prime time so the committee shot him down. They must have total control over what Bannon says so they can edit as needed. Guess that's not called witness tampering. Coming up soon: closing arguments for the prosecution but no closing arguments to defend Trump since no Trump witnesses were allowed to testify.

This isn’t a trial smart guy. If there ends up being a trial then Trump can have any defense and witnesses that he wants

They never had a chance to participate. The whole thing was going to be totally controlled by anti-Trumpers. It was a sham from the get go and Republicans refused to take part in a sham where only anti-Trumpness rules would be followed.
Wrong Trumpers did have a chance to participate and yes it would have been controlled by anti trumpers. So what?

Trump has a first amendment right to say that the election was stolen. That does not violate any laws.
They're going full thought-police, trying to prove they know what Trump was thinking when he said things that don't actually incriminate him. This is very dangerous territory to allow government to tread, regardless of which party is attempting it.

If this is the new rule, and it will remain in effect no matter which party holds the speaker position, I'm fine with that.

How many times have the Republicans called a hearing on something important to the American people, such as crime-ridden cities, only to have Democrats use their allotted time to say things like, "I note that this committee is not investigating [fill in lengthy list of left-wing gripes], I also note that they do not seem concerned about the suffering of [fill in lengthy list of left-wing victims]."

That kind of off-topic ranting slows down the process of looking into issues that the American people care about.

If Republicans only need to win majorities in 2024, and then they can expel such Democratic time wasters and only allow a couple of token Democrats who are planning to run as Republicans the next election, that will be very helpful, indeed.
You forgot to ask for a pony.

Forum List

Back