Trump under investigation for Obstruction of Justice.

Will Trump offer to pay the potential legal bills for his aides? Watergate had 40 government officials indicted or jailed.

Will Trump now stop trying to prevent the Trump-Russia/Obstruction investigations - or will he get even more radical and treasonous?

Stop, BooBoo Brain? How can anyone stop what they never started? Or when Comey, Feinstein, Brenner, Clapper, Grassley, Waters, and all others said they've seen NO evidence of obstruction, are you calling all of them liars? Confused? Better check with you first? Oh wait. I forgot. You don't actually care about facts and reality.

Like all other liberals, you don't even have an issue with a finger hold to grab onto, you have to keep trying to push complete lies hoping that eventually someone other than yourself eventually believe it.

The Washington Post says that the Special Prosecutor is investigating Trump for Obstruction of Justice.

It's never the crime that goes these guys in. Always the coverup.
Now we know why Trump wants to fire Mueller.
He probably should have stuck with Comey. Mueller and Comey are cut from the same mold, rarely give interviews are statements to the press, honesty to a fault, praised for their integrity, and hold high respect for each other.

Probably Comey's testimony before congress and his memos convinced Mueller of to include Trump obstruction of justice in his investigation.

Great, yet another flaming imbecile who doesn't understand Libby was convicted despite there being no underlying crime prosecuted.

Great, yet another flaming imbecile that doesn't understand the law that you can't convict someone of no crime, because crime is what you convict a person of! Second, the WaPo is no credible source of anything. If there was no "underlying crime," then Libby wasn't "convicted" of anything, he was found guilty of committing some offense that wasn't otherwise criminal, but grounds for censure, disbarment, removal, etc. Big difference. Stupid, silly me.

I have a correction....the president is being investigated for ATTEMPTED Obstruction of Justice, like being charged with an attempted robbery or attempted murder....

So what law was violated?

If no law was violated, he could not attempt to obstruct justice.
You're a flamin' nut. What part of Scooter Libby's conviction still confounds you?

You lack any and all common sense. According to your nonsense, anyone can beat any crime if all they have to do is successfully obstruct the investigation into their crime to the point it can't be proven.

Even better, where does the law state an underlying crime is a requirement to prosecute...?

18 U.S. Code § 1505 - Obstruction of proceedings before departments, agencies, and committees

Whoever corruptly, or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication influences, obstructs, or impedes or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede the due and proper administration of the law under which any pending proceeding is being had before any department or agency of the United States, or the due and proper exercise of the power of inquiry under which any inquiry or investigation is being had by either House, or any committee of either House or any joint committee of the Congress—​

The Washington Post says that the Special Prosecutor is investigating Trump for Obstruction of Justice.

Now we know why Trump wants to fire Mueller.
He probably should have stuck with Comey. Mueller and Comey are cut from the same mold, rarely give interviews are statements to the press, honesty to a fault, praised for their integrity, and hold high respect for each other.

Probably Comey's testimony before congress and his memos convinced Mueller of to include Trump obstruction of justice in his investigation.
I think the threat of recording Comey to shut him up is a big factor into this.

trump feels bad about flynn being fired because trump TOLD flynn to tell the Russians he would remove the sanctions once he was inaugurated...and because he told flynn not to tell pence or shaun spencer the truth....is more likely, the case...flynn's gone and lost his reputation, for following trump's orders....

WE BETTER get you on the next flight to DC! You know more than Mueller!!! I just wonder, if that were the case, why then hasn't Flynn spilled the beans on Trump, produced tapes or notes? Better yet, why hasn't the sanctions been removed? Really sucks when your theory has more holes in it than a submarine with screen doors!

Great, yet another flaming imbecile who doesn't understand Libby was convicted despite there being no underlying crime prosecuted.

Great, yet another flaming imbecile that doesn't understand the law that you can't convict someone of no crime, because crime is what you convict a person of! Second, the WaPo is no credible source of anything. If there was no "underlying crime," then Libby wasn't "convicted" of anything, he was found guilty of committing some offense that wasn't otherwise criminal, but grounds for censure, disbarment, removal, etc. Big difference. Stupid, silly me.
Moron ... obstruction of justice IS a crime.

Libby was convicted of obstruction and no one was convicted of any underlying crime. All that is required is an attempt to interfere with an ongoing investigation.

Okay...Well that the WaPo says so doesn't exactly make it be so, but it does suggest there's a better chance now than before now that it is so. Did Mueller or one of his team explicitly say that is the case? If so, well, then, it is indeed so.
The Washington Post is certainly better than most but it's not perfect. It is a center left paper. It has the distinction of being one of the most respected papers in the country with 47 Pulitzer Prizes, 18 Nieman awards and 368 White House Photography Awards. Articles are well sourced but sometimes in a rush to publish they get it wrong as they did in 2016. However when they do, they are quick to publish corrections and apologies, something many publications ignore these days.
Washington Post

1mb96x.jpg

We have gone from possibly collusion to possibly financial crimes! Whatever the fuck that means!
It's an on going investigation and the FBI rarely releases information until the investigation is complete. The investigation follows the leads and there is no way of knowing what will be uncovered.

There can't be obstruction of Justice if there is no crime. Have fun pissing up yet another rope.

I would think you all would learn a lesson the last time you were fed a mountain of poo, but you all want believe so bad that you'll believe any crap they shove up your keester.

...another fake news thread on the same subject. The Russian thing didn't stick, this can't so they will go back to voter fraud.

Oh no, the COLLUSION shtick didn't find any foothold, so now the LibTards have moved onto Gambit #2: Obstruction.
Mueller is a lifelong republican first appointed by Reagan and later by H.W. Bush and George W. Bush. I doubt he takes any pleasure in opening an investigation that may end the current republican president's term in office.

Trump might well survive charges that his campaign colluded with the Russians, but not Obstruction of Justice. Unless Mueller finds no evidence of obstruction, Trump will be hurt political just as Clinton was. Republican congressmen must be questioning whether Trump is becoming more of a liability than an asset.

Let me explain this to you one more time. There has to have been a crime for an obstruction of justice charge.

Please tell me what the crime is!

You cannot have the latter without the former.

I just hope all of you libs remembered to get your fishing licenses renewed!
No, whether an investigation results in charges is immaterial. Obstruction of the investigation is a crime.

Any act that is intended to interfere with the administration of justice may constitute obstruction of justice. There are many different kinds of obstruction of justice that are covered by different federal and state statutes. For example, separate federal statutes cover obstruction of court orders, obstruction of criminal investigations, obstruction of state and local law enforcement of gambling statutes, and tampering with or retaliating against witnesses, victims and informants.
Does an FBI Investigation Qualify Under the Obstruction of Justice Statutes? A Closer Look

Last edited:
...another fake news thread on the same subject. The Russian thing didn't stick, this can't so they will go back to voter fraud.

Oh no, the COLLUSION shtick didn't find any foothold, so now the LibTards have moved onto Gambit #2: Obstruction.
Mueller is a lifelong republican first appointed by Reagan and later by H.W. Bush and George W. Bush. I doubt he takes any pleasure in opening an investigation that may end the current republican president's term in office.

Trump might well survive charges that his campaign colluded with the Russians, but not Obstruction of Justice. Unless Mueller finds no evidence of obstruction, Trump will be hurt political just as Clinton was. Republican congressmen must be questioning whether Trump is becoming more of a liability than an asset.

Let me explain this to you one more time. There has to have been a crime for an obstruction of justice charge.

Please tell me what the crime is!

You cannot have the latter without the former.

I just hope all of you libs remembered to get your fishing licenses renewed!
obstruction of justice IS THE CRIME.... Obstructing an official investigation is also the crime of obstructing justice. This is what the pres is being investigated for....trying to obstruct, an official investigation by the FBI.

Whether there turns out to be a crime or not, by the investigation, matters naught!
....but why would he obstruct an investigation for something that didn't happen? Face it, you libs have been painting yourselves in a corner for months and are looking stupider by the day.
Obviously because he believed something did happen.

All they need to do is watch an NBC T.V interview to prove Obstruction.
Donald Trump admits 'this Russia thing' part of reasoning for firing Comey

This is turning out to be the best SPY novel of the century. Here is the POTUS trying deperately to protect Michael Flynn. Think about it. If this happened to any other President that had not done anything wrong--they would have fired Flynn--let the investigation go forward--just so they could clear themselves.

We have Flynn asking for immunity stating "he has a story to tell"--and Trump who has gone to great links to have this investigation DROPPED on Flynn.

Flynn knows something--and it's eventually going to come out. Flynn is going to be put in a position where he has to save his own ass, or go to jail over it. He will be negotiating for a lesser sentence and then he is going to start singing like a canary. He may already have.
Flynn reportedly lied to FBI about sanctions talk with Russian envoy
Flynn was paid to lobby for Turkey while attending Trump intel briefings: report
Trump adviser Flynn paid by multiple Russia-related entities, new records show
Flynn seeks immunity for testimony - CNNPolitics.com
Michael Flynn pleads The Fifth over Russia investigation

191566_600.jpg

Flynn just may end up dead before that happens....this is Huge.. and I think that we are just at the tip of the iceberg.

Yeah--it's definitely unprecedented. I imagine they didn't give immunity for testimony because they already had a lot on Flynn-& they may already know what he was going to tell them anyway. It appears that the Russians were being wire tapped since the RNC convention--and anyone they were calling or who were calling them was also wire tapped.

I just heard a former Watergate prosecutor (Jill Wine-Banks) say that Grand Jury testimony could be released to Congress to help facilitate/prompt impeachment proceedings - which would bring political pressure to bear on Congress if Republicans are reluctant to perform their constitutional duties.

Did they say when the Grand Jury would convene?

Forum List

Back