Trump under investigation for Obstruction of Justice.

...another fake news thread on the same subject. The Russian thing didn't stick, this can't so they will go back to voter fraud.

Oh no, the COLLUSION shtick didn't find any foothold, so now the LibTards have moved onto Gambit #2: Obstruction.
Mueller is a lifelong republican first appointed by Reagan and later by H.W. Bush and George W. Bush. I doubt he takes any pleasure in opening an investigation that may end the current republican president's term in office.

Trump might well survive charges that his campaign colluded with the Russians, but not Obstruction of Justice. Unless Mueller finds no evidence of obstruction, Trump will be hurt political just as Clinton was. Republican congressmen must be questioning whether Trump is becoming more of a liability than an asset.

Let me explain this to you one more time. There has to have been a crime for an obstruction of justice charge.

Please tell me what the crime is!

You cannot have the latter without the former.

I just hope all of you liIbs remembered to get your fishing licenses renewed!
Multiple potential and suspected crimes were being investigated by the FBI in regards to withholding information about meetings with Russian officials where classified data or inappropriate and illegal business dealing may have been discussed. Also being investigated were allegations of collusion to interfere with elections.
A point of fact is that a crime need not have been committed. The obstruction of investigators to ascertain whether a crime was committed or not is sufficient to bring about an obstruction charge.

A point of fact is that a crime need not have been committed.

Sorry, Loser, but that is EXACTLY WHAT MUST HAVE OCCURRED! What a jackass! If no evidence of a CRIME is found, the investigate is DROPPED. The only thing the FBI or special counsel is interested in or can prosecute on is a FUCKING CRIME. NO CRIME, NO MATTER. Get it?

Moron.
Great, yet another flaming imbecile who doesn't understand Libby was convicted despite there being no underlying crime prosecuted.

Libby Found Guilty in CIA Leak Case

I have a correction....the president is being investigated for ATTEMPTED Obstruction of Justice, like being charged with an attempted robbery or attempted murder....

This is SO FUNNY!!!!
8,630,000 Google results for "Trump under a criminal investigation" and almost ALL quote the following:

Report: Trump Is Under Investigation for Obstruction of Justice
The Washington Post reports the probe led by special counsel Robert Mueller into Russian interference in the 2016 election has widened to include a closer look at the president’s actions. Donald Trump Is Under Investigation for Obstruction of Justice

….The obstruction-of-justice investigation of the president began days after Comey was fired on May 9, according to people familiar with the matter. Mueller’s office has now taken up that work, and the preliminary interviews scheduled with intelligence officials indicate his team is actively pursuing potential witnesses inside and outside the government.

That’s from the Washington Post. Trump’s fans, of course, continue to believe that the big scandal isn’t Trump’s likely obstruction of justice, but the fact that this stuff has been leaked. It’s the Deep State at work. After all, nothing ever leaked in Washington DC until Trump took office. Right?
Donald Trump Finally Gets His Wish, Is Now Under Criminal Investigation – Mother Jones

The investigation into ties between President Trump's campaign and the Russian government has now turned to investigating Trump himself for obstruction of justice, the Washington Post reported Wednesday.
Report: Special counsel Mueller investigating Trump for obstruction of justice

AND that's just the first three!
Where is THESE MSM leaks? Why are they all quoting the Washington Post, which is saying:
"The Post, citing unnamed sources, said the investigation into the president's own conduct began shortly after Trump fired Comey on May 9.

Unfortunately for Trump, that seems to have changed shortly after he treated Comey to his signature catchphrase: Anonymous officials are tellingthe Washington Post that special counsel Robert Mueller is examining whether the president’s conduct toward Comey constituted obstruction of justice. Trump Is Under Investigation for Obstruction of Justice: Report
The left wing fake news sites are all following their leaders directions, like lap dogs with their snouts firmly up the one in front of them's ass.. Just regurgitating the shit the dog in front of them feeds them..
Suuure, of course. Trump's not under investigation for obstruction. It's all just fake news by the left.

2dance.gif
2dance.gif
2dance.gif

You know, like trying to get the Director of the FBI to drop an investigation into an associate and then firing said Director when he doesn't drop the investigation?

The point people keep missing is that the FBI is a part of the Executive Branch! As such, Trump has every authority to direct the FBI to drop any investigation on the grounds of many reasons, conflict, national interest, etc. Unless it was done for purely political reasons to cover some criminality, the FBI Director must either comply, resign, or get fired.

There has been no evidence of political motive or cover up. Trump just felt that Flynn had suffered enough and hoped the investigation could be minimized as soon as possible as the whole thing about Flynn was itself started BY A CRIME, his unmasking of his name in an investigation of someone else where a felony violation of the Espionage Act was committed.

That has been ignored. There is your crime. That and a decorated General has lost his job and reputation as a result. Investigate that.

I have a correction....the president is being investigated for ATTEMPTED Obstruction of Justice, like being charged with an attempted robbery or attempted murder....

So what law was violated?

If no law was violated, he could not attempt to obstruct justice.

the president, while president, can not be charged with any crimes, he would have to be impeached, and removed, before he could be charged.

I agree - but his aides could go to prison. Watergate proved that.

The seven advisors and aides later indicted in 1974 were:[5]
  • John N. Mitchell – former United States Attorney General and director of Nixon's 1968 and 1972 election campaigns; faced a maximum of 30 years in prison and $42,000 in fines; on February 21, 1975, Mitchell was found guilty of conspiracy, obstruction of justice, and perjury and sentenced to two and a half to eight years in prison, which was later reduced to one to four years; Mitchell actually served 19 months.
  • H. R. HaldemanWhite House chief of staff, considered the second most powerful man in the government during Nixon's first term; faced a maximum of 25 years in prison and $16,000 in fines; in 1975, he was convicted of conspiracy and obstruction of justice and received an 18-month prison sentence.
  • John Ehrlichman – former assistant to Nixon in charge of domestic affairs; faced a maximum of 25 years in prison and $40,000 in fines. Ehrlichman was convicted of conspiracy, obstruction of justice, perjury and other charges; he served 18 months in prison.
  • Charles Colson – former White House counsel specializing in political affairs; plead nolo contendere on June 3, 1974 to one charge of obstruction of justice, having persuaded prosecution to change the charge from one of which he believed himself innocent to another of which he believed himself guilty, in order to testify freely.;[6] he was sentenced to 1 to 3 years of prison and fined $5,000; Colson served seven months.
  • Gordon C. Strachan – White House aide to Haldeman; faced a maximum of 15 years in prison and $20,000 in fines. Charges against him were dropped before trial.
  • Robert Mardian – aide to Mitchell and counsel to the Committee to Re-elect the President in 1972; faced 5 years in prison and $5,000 in fines. His conviction was overturned on appeal.[7]
  • Kenneth Parkinson – counsel for the Committee to Re-elect the President; faced 10 years in prison and $10,000 in fines. He was acquitted at trial. Although Parkinson was a lawyer, G. Gordon Liddy was in fact counsel for the Committee to Re-elect the President.
Watergate Seven - Wikipedia

In the aftermath of Richard Nixon’s resignation, Watergate continued to claim victims.

The final toll included:
  • one presidential resignation
  • one vice-presidential resignation – although Agnew’s crimes were unrelated to Watergate
  • 40 government officials indicted or jailed
  • H.R. Haldeman and John Erlichman (White House staff), resigned 30 April 1973, subsequently jailed
  • John Dean (White House legal counsel), sacked 30 April 1973, subsequently jailed
  • John Mitchell, Attorney-General and Chairman of the Committee to Re-elect the President (CREEP), jailed
  • Howard Hunt and G. Gordon Liddy (ex-White House staff), planned the Watergate break-in, both jailed
  • Charles Colson, special counsel to the President, jailed
  • James McCord (Security Director of CREEP), jailed
Watergate Casualties and Convictions
YES, money laundering for the Russians is more than likely what some on Trump's team will be charged with...

The clearest case of obstruction of justice I have ever seen.

Yes, Richard Milhouse Trump will soon be going down...
Comey is a Clinton shill, dumb ass.......SMH........
giphy.gif

Faun, your cyber scalp has a prominent place on my cyber wall.......you are one of my "bitches".

(snicker)
And how fortunate am I that you're batshit crazy? :mm:

Really? We don't interact in real time....we have never met and hopefully I will never have to share the same airspace with you....so how are you "lucky"? I make you look like the uninformed moron that you are. Your pathetic avatar is lamer than your responses. You are a cyber pussy just like all the rest of your leftard pals and equally uninformed...can you handle some truths, Faun-fag????? I kinda doubt it.........
I'm fortunate because you're crazy enough to believe the nonsense you post. If you were even close to sane, then I might have something to worry about.

I have not only kicked your ass but I have punted it into the proverbial "coffin corner" any time you have attempted to refute what I post.......especially the "National Anthem" that was used as the end of a broadcasting day in the 60's. You have nothing........nada, zero, zilch.........deal with it, my cyber "bitch".

(snicker)

The worst case scenario for the GOP is Trump is removed, we get another Republican as President. Now, if the new GOP president gets into office, the voters will likely give him another shot and the Dems are stuck with 8 years of a Republican and people that will probably turn on the Democrats for pushing for impeachment.

Had Clinton been removed from office, the people would have voted for Gore in large numbers. There is a risk of backlash from these types of moves.

...another fake news thread on the same subject. The Russian thing didn't stick, this can't so they will go back to voter fraud.

Oh no, the COLLUSION shtick didn't find any foothold, so now the LibTards have moved onto Gambit #2: Obstruction.
Mueller is a lifelong republican first appointed by Reagan and later by H.W. Bush and George W. Bush. I doubt he takes any pleasure in opening an investigation that may end the current republican president's term in office.

Trump might well survive charges that his campaign colluded with the Russians, but not Obstruction of Justice. Unless Mueller finds no evidence of obstruction, Trump will be hurt political just as Clinton was. Republican congressmen must be questioning whether Trump is becoming more of a liability than an asset.
How will Trump be hurt? It will be yet another accusation falling on its' face. That hurts the left, not Trump. In your defense though you can't get any lower.
If his report is like Comey's report on the Clinton email investigation, it will certainly hurt Trump politically. What he needs is a clean bill of health, no collusion, no obstruction, and no financial crimes with no criticism of his actions. Otherwise democrats will use it against him just as republicans used the Comey report against her.

The Washington Post says that the Special Prosecutor is investigating Trump for Obstruction of Justice.

It's never the crime that goes these guys in. Always the coverup.

Perhaps we can wager something. If something comes of it, you win.

You know, like trying to get the Director of the FBI to drop an investigation into an associate and then firing said Director when he doesn't drop the investigation?

The point people keep missing is that the FBI is a part of the Executive Branch! As such, Trump has every authority to direct the FBI to drop any investigation on the grounds of many reasons, conflict, national interest, etc. Unless it was done for purely political reasons to cover some criminality, the FBI Director must either comply, resign, or get fired.

There has been no evidence of political motive or cover up. Trump just felt that Flynn had suffered enough and hoped the investigation could be minimized as soon as possible as the whole thing about Flynn was itself started BY A CRIME, his unmasking of his name in an investigation of someone else where a felony violation of the Espionage Act was committed.

That has been ignored. There is your crime. That and a decorated General has lost his job and reputation as a result. Investigate that.
trump feels bad about flynn being fired because trump TOLD flynn to tell the Russians he would remove the sanctions once he was inaugurated...and because he told flynn not to tell pence or shaun spencer the truth....is more likely, the case...flynn's gone and lost his reputation, for following trump's orders....

LOLOL

While it is within the president's authority to fire the Director of the FBI for any reason or even no reason, it's not within the president's authority to obstruct an ongoing investigation. Especially one which he, or someone connected to him, is a target.

Had Trump done nothing other than fire Comey, nobody would have batted an eye. But on top of doing that, we have him asking Comey to drop the investigation into Flynn, and we have him threatening Comey with tapes, recording their conversations ... and there is something there.

How will Trump be hurt? It will be yet another accusation falling on its' face. That hurts the left, not Trump. In your defense though you can't get any lower.
If his report is like Comey's report on the Clinton email investigation, it will certainly hurt Trump politically. What he needs is a clean bill of health, no collusion, no obstruction, and no financial crimes with no criticism of his actions. Otherwise democrats will use it against him just as republicans used the Comey report against her.

Maybe, by the time re-election comes about the voters will have forgotten, dismissed or tired of the issue and the negative effect would be minimal.

Forum List

Back