Trump under investigation for Obstruction of Justice.

...another fake news thread on the same subject. The Russian thing didn't stick, this can't so they will go back to voter fraud.

Oh no, the COLLUSION shtick didn't find any foothold, so now the LibTards have moved onto Gambit #2: Obstruction.
Mueller is a lifelong republican first appointed by Reagan and later by H.W. Bush and George W. Bush. I doubt he takes any pleasure in opening an investigation that may end the current republican president's term in office.

Trump might well survive charges that his campaign colluded with the Russians, but not Obstruction of Justice. Unless Mueller finds no evidence of obstruction, Trump will be hurt political just as Clinton was. Republican congressmen must be questioning whether Trump is becoming more of a liability than an asset.

I just wonder--- and I don't disagree with anything you said but ---if the Congress hasn't found a shred of evidence in nearly 11 months, just what will Mueller find? And just how long does he keep looking? If you find nothing do you conclude there must be something there SOMEWHERE and just keep digging for YEARS until you finally find that Trump was once late returning a library book?

Is there even a single Democrat as WHISTLE CLEAN as Trump has turned out to be so far?

My other question is why is the Congress doing this investigation if we have Mueller investigating as well? Aren't they both looking into the same thing? So--- why do we have TWO investigations into something that not a shred of evidence has ever been found on, yet ZERO investigations into KNOWN crimes, such as Hillary's abuse of government email, destruction of evidence, Comey's abuse of his power and Lynch's obstruction of the Hillary investigation, where even a schmuck like me already knows there is credible evidence of? Oh, silly, silly me.

LASTLY, what concerns me about Mueller now is the very thing that both Trump and Sessions have already been attacked on--- compromise. Sessions was just attacked the other day for recusing himself to avoid appearances of conflict, because he was part of the Trump Campaign so stepped aside so as to avoid the appearance of a CONFLICT OF INTEREST. And he was attacked even for doing that.

Now, here we have Mueller and he was a fine guy, but now that the case has swung to include Comey, it turns out that:

A). Comey and him are close buddies. Can we really expect Mueller to fairly investigate or prosecute his close friend? Isn't that the same conflict of interest used to both attack Sessions AND use as grounds that he should STEP DOWN as Attorney General for? On top of that, Comey met with him privately and gave Mueller a bunch of stuff.

B). Comey says he passed a bunch on notes onto a buddy of his to leak to the press. If these notes exist, why have they not been produced and turned over a week after being asked for? What does it take to find notes, 5 minutes? After guarding them like the Emperor's Jewels for months, what has Comey done now, lost them?

C). Other people on Mueller's team include three people who were either Clinton appointees or gave generously to Hillary's campaign. Again, isn't this a troubling conflict of interest? How can I be sure that Mueller will be fair and just in his findings when everything I learn about the guy sides against Trump?

D). Whatever happened to what this investigation was really supposed to be about? Russia. When is someone going to start worrying about fixing however Russia was getting into all these election things? I haven't heard one word about that. I can beef up my computer in 5 minutes; how long does it take the FBI, CIA and NSA to beef up theirs? Isn't that the real issue here and not whether Sessions was the last to leave a room, whether he lingered, picked his nose, ate a booger, or what he said to Comey a week later over a cup of tea???

Last edited:
The Washington Post says that the Special Prosecutor is investigating Trump for Obstruction of Justice.

It's never the crime that goes these guys in. Always the coverup.
Yeah about that. There actually has to be a crime. Do you have one yet?

[How will Trump be hurt? It will be yet another accusation falling on its' face. That hurts the left, not Trump. In your defense though you can't get any lower.

I think Trump is so tough, so business-hardened, that he is beyond all hurt, beyond all pain. He simply grits his teeth and keeps forging ahead.

Duh, it's "possible" obstruction of justice until it's "proven" obstruction of justice. Try to keep up...

Then it is also PROBABLE stupidity and frivolity of investigation until it is DEFINITE stupidity and frivolity of investigation!

Or as they say in the vernacular, when it quacks like a duck, it must be a fucking duck!

s-l300.jpg

Key Phrase from the Washington Post article:

"The Washington Post, citing five people briefed on the requests who spoke on condition of anonymity"
This from the same paper that said:
But the private accounts of more than 30 officials at the White House, the Justice Department, the FBI and on Capitol Hill, as well as Trump confidants and other senior Republicans, paint a conflicting narrative centered on the president’s brewing personal animus toward Comey.
Many of those interviewed spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to candidly discuss internal deliberations.
Inside Trump’s anger and impatience — and his sudden decision to fire Comey

So what about the "few" that DIDN"T speak on condition of anonymity?
Who were they?

These "anonymous sources" is one MAJOR reason most MSM is no longer believable to the general public!

Media bias began to corrupt the marketplace. But bias meant the selective reporting of facts. Falsehoods could creep in. But generally the media would not just casually run stories that were completely false. It would happen from time to time. But it wouldn’t be a constant practice.

And then a tipping point was reached.

Historians of journalism will argue over when the dam broke. Was it the age of Obama or of Trump? But the day arrived. The sun rose over the CNN Center in Atlanta, the K Street digs of the Washington Post and the offices of other media organizations. And it was no longer a question of selective reporting. We were no longer arguing about the injection of opinion into news stories or journalistic double standards.

The age of fake news had arrived. We no longer have a free press. All we have is a fake press.

Greenfield: The Anonymous Sources of Washington Post and CNN Fake News

The Washington Post says that the Special Prosecutor is investigating Trump for Obstruction of Justice.

It's never the crime that goes these guys in. Always the coverup.
The Washington COMPOST...

Tell me again how many times, just recently, they have been caught lying?

Another Anonymous source... LOL

Mueller is a neocon that was complicit in the cover-up of 9/11/01 that has surrounded himself with DNC backers........this is really bad theater and it is disgusting to me and only reinforces my contention that we live in a banana republic ran by international banking elites......and leftards are giddy over it.
He's also good buddies with Comey.

Yeah, Republicans stick together.

Comey is a Clinton shill, dumb ass.......SMH........
giphy.gif

Faun, your cyber scalp has a prominent place on my cyber wall.......you are one of my "bitches".

(snicker)
And how fortunate am I that you're batshit crazy? :mm:

Now how are they going to find anything when there is nothing. If they cobble up something out of him saying "I hope you can let this go" There will be NO corner of the earth that will be safe for a liberal dimshit.

...another fake news thread on the same subject. The Russian thing didn't stick, this can't so they will go back to voter fraud.

Oh no, the COLLUSION shtick didn't find any foothold, so now the LibTards have moved onto Gambit #2: Obstruction.
Mueller is a lifelong republican first appointed by Reagan and later by H.W. Bush and George W. Bush. I doubt he takes any pleasure in opening an investigation that may end the current republican president's term in office.

Trump might well survive charges that his campaign colluded with the Russians, but not Obstruction of Justice. Unless Mueller finds no evidence of obstruction, Trump will be hurt political just as Clinton was. Republican congressmen must be questioning whether Trump is becoming more of a liability than an asset.

Let me explain this to you one more time. There has to have been a crime for an obstruction of justice charge.

Please tell me what the crime is!

You cannot have the latter without the former.

I just hope all of you libs remembered to get your fishing licenses renewed!

If I can follow that, look at it this way:

You are minding your business and a neighbor calls the police and makes a false accusation about you cutting grass after the curfew. OK, the police show up and take a look, listen, smell the mower, ask some questions and do they:

A). Upon finding no basis or grounds of supporting the claims with additional suspicion, pack it up, drop the investigation, thank you for your trouble and go away?

B). Or upon finding no basis to support the claims, decide they just haven't looked hard enough, and begin looking into your trunk, your family, suspecting your friends, go back years checking the mowers of friends, family, people you used to know across town? And finding nothing there either, start investigating you to see if you might have walked your dog and pooped in someone's yard once, sniffing your dog's ass, asking the neighbors, setting up surveillance, etc., and upon not finding anything there either, begin wondering if maybe you don't treat your lawn for weeds, starts searching for crabgrass, looking at old Google images of your property, etc., checking the shelves of your basement for weed killer, sure that if they JUST KEEP LOOKING LONG ENOUGH, they will eventually find you guilty of SOMETHING to pin on you?

Is that America? Or does that smack more of the Soviet Union, North Korea and the like???

WHO is kidding WHO here?

FIVE CUPCAKE
FIVE CUPCAKE :)

Five people briefed on the requests, speaking on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly
, said that Daniel Coats, the current director of national intelligence, Mike Rogers, head of the National Security Agency, and Rogers’s recently departed deputy, Richard Ledgett, agreed to be interviewed by Mueller’s investigators as early as this week. The investigation has been cloaked in secrecy, and it is unclear how many others have been questioned by the FBI.

...The obstruction-of-justice investigation of the president began days
after Comey was fired on May 9, according to people familiar with the matter. Mueller’s office has taken up that work, and the preliminary interviews scheduled with intelligence officials indicate that his team is actively pursuing potential witnesses inside and outside the government.

WAPO

Special counsel is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice, officials say

So, all five sources came clean at the same time?

:50::bsflag:
it's been suspected, since the president fired Comey and said it was due to the Russian/trump team investigation, that Trump would come under investigation for possible obstruction of Justice, so it's been a good 3 weeks since then...plenty of time to gather information and sources to confirm such, imo.

p.s.

The only way we get news, other than only what our govt wants us to know, or the big corporations want us to know, is through leaks...

It's been that way forever...

and a day!

So, will you answer this question: What crime has been committed and by whom and how did Trump obstruct justice?

You cannot possibly answer that, can you?

Also: Don't say firing Comey because that dog won't hunt. Just because libs are stupid doesn't make Trump a criminal.
Flynn is under investigation for several crimes, lying on security forms, not following the laws on him being paid by official foreign govts or govt entities, not reporting he was an agent of a foreign power etc... possible breaker of the logan act...possibly lying to the FBI regarding talks with the Russians about lifting sanctions...

his trying to obstruct the official investigation by telling comey to end the investigation on Flynn, telling Coats and Rogers to get comey to drop the Russian/flynn investigation, by tweeting falsities sending investigators on wild goose chases....by firing comey, chief investigator over the investigation team, by floating he was gonna fire mueller to intimidate him....

Your second paragraph is interesting. Everything in their is a hopeful end product of your pathetic fishing expedition. Comey has no proof that Trump ordered him to stop, when in fact he testified that Trump did not!

So is Comey lying now, or was he lying when he testified?
darth-vader-the-desperation-is-strong-with-this-one.jpg

This thread is scary. Anti-Donald folks sound just like the assassin who tried to kill all the republicans today.

As heinous as the shooting is, in the grand scheme of things, it's small potatoes compared to the Russian meddling in your election.

Wowsa, that is a combination of stupidity, inhumanity, and mental illness.
Yep... Time to send out the Secret Service and do home visits..

Forum List

Back