Trump used the DOJ to investigate members of Congress, their families and even a minor child.

WASHINGTON — As the Justice Department investigated who was behind leaks of classified information early in the Trump administration, it took a highly unusual step: Prosecutors subpoenaed Apple for data from the accounts of at least two Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee, aides and family members. One was a minor.

All told, the records of at least a dozen people tied to the committee were seized in 2017 and early 2018, including those of Representative Adam B. Schiff of California, then the panel’s top Democrat and now its chairman, according to committee officials and two other people briefed on the inquiry…..

The zeal in the Trump administration’s efforts to hunt leakers led to the extraordinary step of subpoenaing communications metadata from members of Congress — a nearly unheard-of move outside of corruption investigations. While Justice Department leak investigations are routine, current and former congressional officials familiar with the inquiry said they could not recall an instance in which the records of lawmakers had been seized as part of one.

Moreover, just as it did in investigating news organizations, the Justice Department secured a gag order on Apple that expired this year, according to a person familiar with the inquiry, so lawmakers did not know they were being investigated until Apple informed them last month.

There was nothing too low that the Trump Administration would steep to intimidate the opposition.

This was pure and simply an abuse of power.
Unlike the Biden And Obama administration....Trump didn't direct anyone to do anything. Anything the DOJ investigated was on their own.
Pelosi would have impeached Trump if he had asked the DOJ to conduct any investigation of any type.
Trump did plenty of telling his DoJ what to investigate.
Prove it.
I don't care that you hated the man.....he couldn't eat two scoops of ice-cream without Pelosi impeaching him for it.
He was never in a position to order the DOJ to do shit.

Mud, I've come to realize that the reason the Left HATES Trump so much is because he is the model of everything the Left hates! He is the model of everything they don't want a man to be anymore!
  • Rich
  • Attractive
  • Successful
  • Self-assured
  • Old school
  • Dominating
  • Confident to the point of arrogance.
  • Non-PC and unapologetic
The big, strong, in control male stereotype.

Everything Progressives hate.

They want men to be mild, weak, timid, feminine, and most important, tuned to the progressive agenda where up is down, good is bad, and left is right.
They want men to be women.
I don't think Trump is attractive anymore.....he was when he was younger.

True.

But it comes as no surprise given Trump’s contempt for the rule of law, our democratic institutions, and the Constitution.

Trump’s criminality is consistent with that of other Republican administrations; to vote for a Republican for president is to vote for an abuse of power.
Trump and his goons were nothing but a bunch of street thugs and hoodlums robbing the country blind.

Heads are going to roll.

They want men to be women.
Women can't really compete easily in a male-dominated world. Making men like women levels the playing field.

I don't think Trump is attractive anymore.....he was when he was younger.
He needs to lose weight. But if he did, I suppose he's still pretty good looking for his age. Isn't Trump like 74 now? If he took off 20 pounds, it would do wonders for him (which I think he'll do now once he isn't flying around the world 5 times a week, attending meetings every two hours, and getting sued, investigated or impeached every other day.

I remain "hopeful" that AG Garland is doing much more behind the scenes than we know about or has been reported by mainstream media. So far it looks pitiful...

NY. Times. Nope.
The thug Trump ‘presidency.’
Trump's mistake was he wasn't a thug. If he had done right he would have been the dictator all the communists said he was.
Trump was a thug and criminal; his ‘administration’ was corrupt, incompetent, and lawless.

The big question is - will he get away with it without any legal accountability? If Trump and his mafia don't face legal consequences - then future administrations will have carte blanche to also do whatever they want. It would set an ugly precedent.

Trump literally sold out America and met with Kim Jong Un just so that he could win a Nobel Prize in his first year, just like Obama, who he was jealous of...so what did you expect from such a president?

"My loyalty to Mr. Trump has cost me everything — my family's happiness, friendships, my law license, my company, my livelihood, my honor, my reputation and soon my freedom," Michael Cohen

I remain "hopeful" that AG Garland is doing much more behind the scenes than we know about or has been reported by mainstream media. So far it looks pitiful...
What exactly is Garland supposed to ‘do’ about it?

No current administration is going to investigate its predecessor pursuant to criminal charges – that would establish a dangerous, and unwanted, precedent.

Moreover, one of the most fundamental of our democratic institutions is that the president in power doesn’t use the authority of the state to subject his political opponents to criminal prosecution – that’s the act of despots and dictators in banana republics; which is why Trump’s call to ‘lock up’ Clinton was so utterly reprehensible and wrong, one of many examples of Trump’s contempt for our democratic institutions.

No current administration is going to investigate its predecessor pursuant to criminal charges – that would establish a dangerous, and unwanted, precedent.

Moreover, one of the most fundamental of our democratic institutions is that the president in power doesn’t use the authority of the state to subject his political opponents to criminal prosecution – that’s the act of despots and dictators in banana republics; which is why Trump’s call to ‘lock up’ Clinton was so utterly reprehensible and wrong, one of many examples of Trump’s contempt for our democratic institutions.

I have general respect for your opinions and posts - but I totally disagree with you on this! Totally! There are many things AG Garland can do within the Constitution.

Last edited:
He's trying to take our guns, keeping the borders open, and making sure we have tax-payer funded abortions. Enforcing the law evenly isn't on his radar.

Oh really? Didn't Obama investigate Trump and Bush?
What's stopping Biden from investigating this? Not a damned thing.

NY. Times. Nope.
Trump's mistake was he wasn't a thug. If he had done right he would have been the dictator all the communists said he was.
Trump was a thug and criminal; his ‘administration’ was corrupt, incompetent, and lawless.

The big question is - will he get away with it without any legal accountability? If Trump and his mafia don't face legal consequences - then future administrations will have carte blanche to also do whatever they want. It would set an ugly precedent.
Trump and his criminal administration didn’t get away with anything – he was voted out of office, and appropriately so.

Justice is administered in ways other than the legal process; and Trump being voted out of office was indeed justice served.

The people have the ultimate power and authority to pass judgement on a sitting president at the ballot box.

The best way to ensure there not be another criminal, corrupt future administration is to not vote for Republicans for president.

NY. Times. Nope.

Trump and his criminal administration didn’t get away with anything – he was voted out of office, and appropriately so.

Justice is administered in ways other than the legal process; and Trump being voted out of office was indeed justice served.

The people have the ultimate power and authority to pass judgement on a sitting president at the ballot box.

The best way to ensure there not be another criminal, corrupt future administration is to not vote for Republicans for president.

I totally disagree! Especially with Republican authoritarianism and autocracy spreading across the country. Voting alone will not stop future Trumps. Republicans are feverishly working to rig future elections.

I have general respect for your opinions and posts - but I totally disagree with you on this! Totally! There are many things AG Garland can do within the Constitution.

That an AG may do something doesn’t mean it should be done.

The only way democrats can win elections is the way they did in 2020. Massive fraud. Stopping such fraud is what they will call voter suppression.

Forum List

Back