Trump used the DOJ to investigate members of Congress, their families and even a minor child.

From the OP:

The zeal in the Trump administration’s efforts to hunt leakers led to the extraordinary step of subpoenaing communications metadata from members of Congress — a nearly unheard-of move outside of corruption investigations. While Justice Department leak investigations are routine, current and former congressional officials familiar with the inquiry said they could not recall an instance in which the records of lawmakers had been seized as part of one.

Moreover, just as it did in investigating news organizations, the Justice Department secured a gag order on Apple that expired this year, according to a person familiar with the inquiry, so lawmakers did not know they were being investigated until Apple informed them last month.

Prosecutors also eventually secured subpoenas for reporters’ records to try to identify their confidential sources, a move that department policy allows only after all other avenues of inquiry are exhausted.

Good, let's see what's on it

From the OP:

The records ultimately did not tie the committee to the leaks, and investigators reportedly discussed potentially closing the inquiry ― until William Bar took over as attorney general a year later.
But in what way does this implicate Trump?
None.

WASHINGTON — As the Justice Department investigated who was behind leaks of classified information early in the Trump administration, it took a highly unusual step: Prosecutors subpoenaed Apple for data from the accounts of at least two Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee, aides and family members. One was a minor.

All told, the records of at least a dozen people tied to the committee were seized in 2017 and early 2018, including those of Representative Adam B. Schiff of California, then the panel’s top Democrat and now its chairman, according to committee officials and two other people briefed on the inquiry…..

The zeal in the Trump administration’s efforts to hunt leakers led to the extraordinary step of subpoenaing communications metadata from members of Congress — a nearly unheard-of move outside of corruption investigations. While Justice Department leak investigations are routine, current and former congressional officials familiar with the inquiry said they could not recall an instance in which the records of lawmakers had been seized as part of one.

Moreover, just as it did in investigating news organizations, the Justice Department secured a gag order on Apple that expired this year, according to a person familiar with the inquiry, so lawmakers did not know they were being investigated until Apple informed them last month.

There was nothing too low that the Trump Administration would steep to intimidate the opposition.

This was pure and simply an abuse of power.
Unlike the Biden And Obama administration....Trump didn't direct anyone to do anything. Anything the DOJ investigated was on their own.
Pelosi would have impeached Trump if he had asked the DOJ to conduct any investigation of any type.
Trump did plenty of telling his DoJ what to investigate.
Prove it.
I don't care that you hated the man.....he couldn't eat two scoops of ice-cream without Pelosi impeaching him for it.
He was never in a position to order the DOJ to do shit.

This is an extraordinary abuse of power!
Fire the people in the DOJ!!! They knew it was wrong when they did it!

Amen! Maybe even fire Garland if he doesn't take this seriously!
You really think Biden would promote that? I doubt he even addresses it.

I don't know. It depends on how much spine Biden has. The bottom line is that I don't like crooks on either side of the political spectrum. That also applies to those who protect crooks. Trump made it obvious that he thought he was above the law and could do whatever he wanted and would not be held accountable. So far - he was right...

WASHINGTON — As the Justice Department investigated who was behind leaks of classified information early in the Trump administration, it took a highly unusual step: Prosecutors subpoenaed Apple for data from the accounts of at least two Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee, aides and family members. One was a minor.

All told, the records of at least a dozen people tied to the committee were seized in 2017 and early 2018, including those of Representative Adam B. Schiff of California, then the panel’s top Democrat and now its chairman, according to committee officials and two other people briefed on the inquiry…..

There was nothing too low that the Trump Administration would steep to intimidate the opposition.

This was pure and simply an abuse of power.
Unlike the Biden And Obama administration....Trump didn't direct anyone to do anything. Anything the DOJ investigated was on their own.
Pelosi would have impeached Trump if he had asked the DOJ to conduct any investigation of any type.
Trump did plenty of telling his DoJ what to investigate.
Prove it.
I don't care that you hated the man.....he couldn't eat two scoops of ice-cream without Pelosi impeaching him for it.
He was never in a position to order the DOJ to do shit.

Mud, I've come to realize that the reason the Left HATES Trump so much is because he is the model of everything the Left hates! He is the model of everything they don't want a man to be anymore!
  • Rich
  • Attractive
  • Successful
  • Self-assured
  • Old school
  • Dominating
  • Confident to the point of arrogance.
  • Non-PC and unapologetic
The big, strong, in control male stereotype.

Everything Progressives hate.

They want men to be mild, weak, timid, feminine, and most important, tuned to the progressive agenda where up is down, good is bad, and left is right.

I don't know. It depends on how much spine Biden has. The bottom line is that I don't like crooks on either side of the political spectrum. That also applies to those who protect crooks. Trump made it obvious that he thought he was above the law and could do whatever he wanted and would not be held accountable. So far - he was right...
Neither do I... but... I think Biden would, could, and does the same kind of thing. With that said, I have zero problems with him making a statement. Maybe we need a "war" in our intelligence agency to get them back to some form of sanity.

Some jaws are going to drop when the facts of all the criminality that took place under 45's Administration starts to be uncovered.

Last edited:
From what I'm hearing on the news tonight - it sounds like Barr may have lied under oath to then-Senator Kama Harris when she asked him if Trump ever directed him to investigate anyone.
Then again....maybe he didn't.
Looks like you faggots are trying to invent another crime here.
I think these audits are really starting to worry you.

This is an extraordinary abuse of power!
True.

But it comes as no surprise given Trump’s contempt for the rule of law, our democratic institutions, and the Constitution.

Trump’s criminality is consistent with that of other Republican administrations; to vote for a Republican for president is to vote for an abuse of power.

Does anyone know if AG Garland is investigating this?

1623384026685.png

Forum List

Back